Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
Last spring, before my husband and I were married, my husband lost his company. He was out of work for about 6 months. Over the summer, he began to have panic attacks associated with his new anxiety disorder. During the summer months, we were also finishing up wedding plans for our September wedding. He truly thought that he would pass out during our wedding ceremony which caused some stress for the wedding. I wanted it to be the best day of his life, but he was dreading the actual ceremony. I was supportive during this time, encouraging him that he would be fine. He took his medicine before the wedding and it ended up to be a perfect night. But, it hurt a bit to have him dreading our wedding. Not to be getting married, but the actual event. It was truly hard not to think that him getting married was adding to his panic attacks. Well, months after the wedding I thought that things would be back to "normal" because the wedding was over and he now had a new job. Well, his panic attacks got worse and he is now not sleeping through the night. So every morning he complains about being up for hours and he is tired and cranky. I again have tried to be so supportive and ask him what I can do to help. Well, he went to the doctor and ended up coming home with a sleeping aid and a new med. for his panic attacks. We now are having a problem in the bedroom. His medicine prevents him from following through sexually. He has been great satisfying me, but I am frustrated in another way. Sex has become a chore rather than fun as it used to be. We had an incredible sex life. Now, I find myself becoming exhausted to try to please him with no results. He gets frustrated because he is not satisfied and I am frustrated because I can't satisfy him! So, here I am a 6 month newleywed with a husband who is medicated to get through the day and can't perform to be satisfied. I have tried to be supportive, but now I just feel confused and exhausted. I don't know how to help him and I don't want to hurt him by giving up. What am I supposed to do here?

A
A
Maybe you should both visit his doctor and discuss these concerns. Perhaps the doctor can recommend some other medication.

N
N
Just a personal recommendation...<p>I had similar problems sleeping and with anxiety. The drugs were keeping me down in every way you can imagine. <p>Long story short, I tried Acupuncture at my Tai Chi teacher's suggestion, and now I'm usually asleep five to ten minutes after I get in bed. Almost everyone has commented on how much calmer I am.<p>Finding a good acupuncturist, is of course, not easy, and rarely covered by insurance.<p>Your mileage may vary. I'd recommend that you continue to see a regular doctor who has an open mind.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 446 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation