Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2
It has been 12 days since i caught my husnabd in an affair. he has gone to counseling and to see our minister. My H has given up his lover, at least it seems so. He is trying to be nice, but I am so hurt and angry I don't want him around me. Today it is so bad I told him I am feeling so hurt and angry and mean that it is best to stay away from me. I will talk to the dr. about anti-depressants because I think I am getting worse each day instead of better. When does this hurting stop? Why can't i forgive him? Please pray for us and me.

Joined: May 2000
Posts: 102
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 102
There are a host of reasons why you can't get past your anger and hurt. I know most of them by heart. My father was an abusive alcoholic. I was sexually molested at the age of eight, by another eight year old. I have never been able to forgive either of these two people until recently. And I still have a long way to go in recovering from the severe clinical depression I have recently been diagnosed with. I am seeing a licensed individual counselor, also seeing a psychologist who has placed me on anti-depressants. Although there was never an affair by me or by my wife. My depression has caused our marriage to crumble. Until I threw myself into the bible, to church, and christian events such as INSP television, a religious programming channel,christian radio, religious books given to me by my mother, daily prayer and living for GOD as I always should have, but never did, I was unable to let go of all the pains of the past. You CAN forgive your husband if your heart truly feels that there can still be a marriage. Read everything you can at this site. There are several wonderful topics, articles and insightful comments from a host of people that will help you make your marriage work, if your heart leads you and most importantly of all if GOD leads you to saving your marriage. Perhaps it was a momentary lapse of his devotion, it most certainly was a temptation from the devil to test the strength of your marriage. I will pray for you and your husband, praying that GOD will speak to you both and give you the answers you both need. I know from experience that depression will never allow you to forgive, until you heal. I am still healing, have a long way to go. I have wanted to give up several times, but each day, Almighty GOD is placing new people in my life to be friends, to encourage and support me, making this much easier to bear. Each day brings me one step closer to healing, while still hoping for my marriage to work GOD reveals to me in HIS word and my thoughts and my prayers that HE Will restore this marriage. I have to heal first to be ready for the renewal, but it is stil going to happen when HE knows I am ready, when my WIFE is ready to truly share and grow in marriage to one another. Until then, I will have good days, I will have bad days. But I can endure. I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens Me. And you can as well. I will hold you both in my prayers.<BR>May GOD bless and keep you both,<BR>Lone_Knight.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 301 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Separation
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:24 PM
beverage sizes in large office
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:22 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0