Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#337003 07/15/00 10:17 PM
A
OP Offline
A
My husband has made a 180 degree turn around, the wrong way. Suddenly he is very hateful and avoiding me. I have been beside myself today with grief. I don't know what happened. A week ago he loved me, and was getting more affectionate. We were doing fine, then, the complete change in attitude and feelings for me and our marriage. For those that aren't aware of my situation, we were separated last year for 2 mos. My H had been drinking himself into oblivion every day for a couple of years (has been an alcoholic for many years), and was having an affair when we separated. All of a sudden after 2 mos. he wanted to work things out and save our marriage, so I took him back. Things were going well until this working out of town came up. It has torn us apart. <P>Please pray that the Lord will turn his heart tonight, bringing him to his knees at the foot of the cross in total brokenness before Him. Please pray that the Lord will cause David to see my face each and every time he shuts his eyes. Please pray that the Lord convicts him mightily every way he turns. Please pray that Holy Spirit filled Christians are placed in his path to speak to him and witness to him. Pray the Lord softens his heart and turns his heart and soul towards me, the wife of his youth. Thank you so very, very much.

R
R
Father, I ask that you touch the heart of AW's husband as he sleeps tonight. Soften it towards her, the wife of his youth, for she is crying out to You in her suffering. Speak to him with your quiet voice in his dreams, fill his thoughts with your awsome presence and glory, Father. Open his eyes to the recklessness of his ways. Let him see himself through her eyes, feel the pain, hurt and anguish he is causing her, suffer as she is suffering. Let the affliction he is placing on her be his instead. Give him terrible visions of the end awaiting him on this path he's chosen. Place the weight of his sins on his heart, let them be too heavy for him to bear without repenting and turning to You, Lord. Guide his heart back to the wife of his youth and Your path for his life. Line Your path for him on both sides with thorny hedges so that he may turn neither to the right or the left without inflicting pain on himself, rather than his wife. Place the people along his path You want to minister to him in his weakness and encourage him in Your way.<P>Father, be with AW also as she sleeps tonight. Cradle her in Your tender embrace, comfort her breaking heart with Your presence. Heal the loneliness and hurt she feels. Speak to her in her dreams tonight, return ten-fold to her Your love, peace and faith she has freely blessed so many of us with in our times of need. Strengthen the knowledge in her heart that You are walking alongside her on this difficult path she is traveling. Place a wall of Your protection around her. Touch her with Your presence and strength when she is weak, let there be no question You are with her in her time of need, Father. I ask this of You in the name of Jesus. Amen<BR>

A
OP Offline
A
Thank you so much for praying Ron. I wish I could say I was better, but I'm not. I haven't slept more than an hour or 2 since Wed. The tears won't stop. I am bewildered as to what happened other than his boss (who is also a drinker who cheats on his wife)demanded he go back to CA to work. I pray the Lord removes all stumbling blocks from the path to David's salvation. My husband is so easily influenced by this man because he has loads of money. This man is the one who paid all my husband's attorneys fees last year and encouraged him to divorce me.<P>I know that Jesus is here with me, and is going to take care of me no matter what. And that no weapon shall prosper against one of God's children. I am standing on God's word for David's deliverance and salvation, for He tells me in his Word that he wants none, including David, to perish and for all to come to redemption. I praise the Lord for all of you, and your prayers. Please keep praying, the enemy thinks he is winning.

O
O
Lord Jesus, you know the situation that AW is facing. Lord, you alone know the root cause and the intricacies of the situation. We trust you, Lord, that you are more than big enough to breakthrough and put this marriage in order. Lord, we ask that your words would reach David, even now. We pray that his heart be softened, that his vision would be cleared, we ask that you intervene and place a hedge of protection around this man. Lord, we ask that you would shower your love and your mercy upon him, that he would know your love. Father, we ask that you bring your peace to AW. You are a faithful God, and we know that you never sleep. Father we ask that you intervene in this situation and that we can see the glory manifested in this marriage. IJN, Amen

R
R
AW,<P>My heart is aching with the hurt and suffering I read in your last few posts. It seems so unfair that people such as yourself who try to be there for others in their times of need and weakness come under such powerful attack from the enemy.<P>Remember though, the best way to discourage someone is to bring down the people giving them support and encouraging them. Please go back and read your own post on spiritual warfare from a few months ago, if you have not done so lately. Read some of your posts and prayers written to help others in their hurt and claim them for yourself too. We are in spiritual warfare of the most basic kind. It is not just our mates, or even our entire families we are fighting to save from the enemy. Each time the enemy is able to discourage one of us into giving up, how many others see and become discouraged also?<P>You and the other ladies from the Women's Bible Study forum are the cornerstones of this Prayer Request forum. My few humble words and prayers cannot compare to the poetic and powerful prayers, responses and suggestions you offer to so many here. If the enemy can discourage you, he will discourage the people you help also.<P>Though I seldom post, there have been many rough nights where your prayers and kind words written to other people have brought me comfort and hope when I needed it, and I thank you. I don't know what to say to help that you don't already know.<P>If you are not on the Email list for the "Charlyne Cares" Email newsletter, I suggest going to rejoiceministries.org and reading through them. This often helps me in the middle of the night when I cannot sleep.<P>In some ways my own situation is easier to deal with. It is now over seven months since my wife shut me out of her life and filed for divorce. Her refusal to have contact with me is probably less stressful at times than the on-off messages you are receiving. Coming under such powerful attack from the enemy means your faith and prayers have him on the run, but you already know that.<P>One thing that jumped out at me when I was thinking about your husband's behavior today was in my notes from the CK meeting at the beginning of this month, a point made by Leo Godzich. He said "When a man loses his vision for the future, he always returns to his past". I don't know if that applies to your husband or not, but thought I'd pass it along. I pray that I have not offended you by anything I have said here.<P>Father, AW is one of Your mighty prayer warriors. She has been hurt by the enemies constant attacks and I lift her up to You for Your healing. Touch her heart, Father, heal the hurt and suffering she is feeling. Pour out Your love, peace and hope on her. Fill her with Your presence, Father, give her the faith she needs to continue.<BR>I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.<BR>

A
OP Offline
A
Thank you all for your prayers. I still have not heard from my husband, however I am beginning to be able to deal with the hurt better, all a result of your prayers I am sure. <P>ondayatatime, thank you so much for your beautiful prayer. I know that God is hearing our prayers, and He knows the pain I am in. I rest in th knowledge that no matter what happens the Lord will ALWAYS be right next to me, and will take care of me. You are in my prayers too.<P>RonS, thank you so very, very much for your kind words and prayers. Yes, it does appear that the enemy has stepped up his attacks on me. A couple weeks ago our pastor spoke about each of us having our own special ministry. That got me thinking that maybe I should spend more time praying for others on this board and had starting praying and fasting more for others' marriages. Now I am being mightily attacked, and so is my prayer partner from church. <P>I am so sorry your situation is the way it is. I will keep you in my prayers Ron. Yes, I do subscribe to Charlyne Cares. It has helped me through so many tough times. I can't thank the Steinkamps enough for sending their daily devotional out. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"When a man loses his vision for the future, he always returns to his past"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm not sure what Leo meant by this, what do you think? Do you think it means that my H couldn't continue building a future together so he has returned to the ways of his past? Or, that what he's doing now will cause him to return to me someday? <P>Thank You dear Heavenly Father for taking such great care of RonS and onedayatatime, as well as the other prayer warriors. Father, your Love for us never fails, we know that we can always count on You in our times of great need. Lord, I pray that You will uplift RonS and give him an over-abundance of joy in his heart. Please take care of him Lord, and bless him abundantly. I pray that You will lay heavy conviction upon his wife's heart, causing her to come to You in total repentance, ready to ask You to show her how to rebuild her marriage. Speak to her heart dear Lord, give her Your Hope. Lord I also thank you for onedayatatime, and praise You Lord for the work you are doing in her life and in her marriage. Father, I pray that You will bring her husband back to You, soften his heart, cause him to turn his heart fully to you and to his wife. Lord, I praise Your Holy Name, and ask for your divine intervention in her circumstances. Please restore this marriage for the glory of your name. IJN I pray, AMEN

S
sb1 Offline
S
Dear AW,<P>I just wanted to thank you for your recent prayers for me and wanted to let you know that I have been praying for you and will continue to do so. Even though I don't post very frequently, I do come to this site on a regular basis. Like RonS, I have always been encouraged after reading your prayers for so many other hurting people. Even though I do not know you, your words and advice speak God's truth as only one who is filled with His spirit can do. You have given me so much strength when I didn't think that I would be able to hang on. My words may not be eloquent, but they are heartfelt.<P>Dear Lord, I ask that you would comfort AW during this painful time in her life. I pray that you would remove all fear, anxiety, and discouragement from her heart and that you would fill her with your peace. I pray that you would allow AW to rest in you - physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Revive her so that she can continue to do battle with Satan on her husband's behalf. I pray that you would convict her husband of his need for you and that you would open his eyes to your truth. I thank you, Dear God, for AW's faith and her witness to others on this site. IJN, AMEN.

L
L
Father, I lift these people and these prayer requests up to you in the name of Jesus. I pray for YOU to let loose the miracles and the blessings We all need to reubuild our families and to live for YOU and then for each other. I claim these miracles and blessings in the Name of Jesus, and I praise YOUR name for hearing and answering my prayers for my friends here.<BR>Father, I lift AW up to YOU Father, hear her cries and pleas for help and guidance. Father, help her to achieve the miracles and the hopes she has,bringing her husband to the foot of the cross to follow you. Father I see her heartache and know what she is feeling inside. Comfort this dear woman and all of the other people who are seeking YOUR love, strength, peace, encouragement and striving daily, to follow YOUR will. Father my life is in shambles, but I no longer care what happens to me. My only oncern is for the aching and the pain felt by my friends here at this site. Let my testimony and my trials be a witness that will encourage my friends not to become what I have, not to fall to the depths that I have and not to run from you so forcefully as I have in my lifetime. Father I pray that you will give my friends the answers and the miracles they need in their lives. It is not My will, Father, but Thine. Lead them, teach them, continue to love and bless them, giving them all YOUR love, YOUR strength, YOUR salvation, and YOUR blessings.<BR>These things I claim for them all, and Thank YOU for hearing and answering their prayers. All these blessings I ask in the Name of Jesus<BR>Amen and Amen.<BR>

A
OP Offline
A
Thank you sb1 and Lone Knight for your prayers. You are in mine also. Please keep praying. Even though he is not here, the Lord is working on my husband's heart. God bless you,<P>AW

R
R
AW,<P>I apologize for taking so long to respond, my arthritis has been bad with the weather here.<BR> <BR>Regarding the quote, my notes are rough and I cannot afford the conference tapes until next month. I noted that he used Judas betraying, and Peter denying Jesus as examples. That doesn’t help much does it?<P>Reading your back posts, your husband had some revelation last Fall that he still felt love for you, had messed up, and needed to work on your marriage. I read in some of your posts he demonstrated this by changes in his behavior (reduced drinking, more attention to your needs, attending counseling, visiting church with you). While these are good, he was still acting in the flesh. If I followed what you posted, he was trying to "fix" his life and your marriage himself instead of turning to God.<P>"I'm not sure what Leo meant by this, what do you think? Do you think it means that my H couldn't continue building a future together so he has returned to the ways of his past? Or, that what he's doing now will cause him to return to me someday?" <P>I do not know what your husband is thinking or feeling. I can understand and feel the fear, hurt and pain you have. As I have mentioned, my wife has refused contact with me since Dec. 1999 after almost 24 years of marriage, and I thank you for your prayers. I do believe it is possible something has caused him to lose his vision of the future in the last few weeks, and for a time, turn back towards his old self again. The two incidents you have mentioned are your commitment to being more involved in ministry activities, and his boss (used in the past against your marriage?) wanting him to work on the west coast.<P>You are aware of the increased attacks by the enemy against both you and your prayer partner since making this commitment. Possibly what is now happening in your husband's heart and job is a spiritual attack also, to distract and discourage you in your ministry and marriage?<P>As I said before, I believe satan attacks people giving us support to discourage us. He also attacks those close to us to distract and discourage us. I find that the more I seek the will of God in my life and marriage, and reach out to other people, the more distractions and discouragements are placed in my path.<P>I believe that if we focus too much on our spouse's behavior (making idols of them) and the circumstances around us, it does not take long to become discouraged and feel like giving up on our marriages and families. This is the will of the enemy. We need to remain focused on God's word and seeking His will, allowing the Lord to work on and through us in our life and marriage. What our circumstances appear to be, or what our spouses are doing, makes no difference to God.<P>Father, I lift up AW and her husband to you. I thank You for the healing You are working in them and their marriage. Fill their lives with Your presence. Bring them close to You and each other. Heal the hurt and suffering in AW's heart. Pour out Your peace and love over her. Hold her and comfort her when she feels alone or discouraged. Surround them with people to bring her husband to You, help restore their marriage, and support AW in her ministry. Show her the ties and bondage in her husband's heart that the enemy can use to control him. Humble him, bring him to the point where he has only You to turn to. Let him see and feel Your love and mercy in his life, and make him thirst for You.<BR>I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.<P>Here are a few of the verses I have highlighted in my Bible that help me.<P>My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.<BR>James 1:2-6.<P>Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.<BR>2 Corinthians 1:3-4.<P>Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.<BR>Philippians 4:6-7.<P>"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."<BR>John 14:27.<P>And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.<BR>Romans 8:28.<BR>

T
T
My prayers are with you. Im not very good at typing out a prayer but every peaceful moment I have I say a prayer for all of us here.

A
OP Offline
A
RonS,<BR>Your wisdom and insight is great. I thank the Lord for giving you such wisdom and strength during the trial you are in. If Satan is using my husband to discourage me, his battle is lost because I have already claimed the victory that Jesus won at Calvary!!!! <P>Went to church tonight..... Pastor spoke about how to get Satan to flee. We have all power over him by the Blood of Jesus and our testimony. Satan cannot keep us from confessing that Jesus is Lord. God inhabits praise, and Satan must flee when we praise Him. We are protected by the Blood of the Lamb, we drive Satan away when we confess our love and devotion to Jesus, and he FLEES when we Praise Him!!! So everyone out there, sing praises to our Lord continually! <P>Since my H does not know the Lord, he is an easy target for Satan. I must remember that it is all a spiritual battle, and the Lord has given me everything I need to fight the battle. In fact, if need be, He will send warring angels to fight the battle for me. So, when my H gets drunk, calls me hateful names, sneers at me, ridicules me etc. it is NOT DAVID, it is SATAN. Praise You Jesus for enlightening me again! <P>My husband's boss does not know the Lord either. The enemy used him also to drag me down. Didn't work. I have been lifting up my husband's boss in prayer continually the last few days...... claiming victory in his life (his name is Mike in case anyone would like to pray for his salvation and deliverance too) and taking back what Satan has tried to steal. <P>Instead of causing me to stop praying for my husband, I've stepped up the frequency and urgency of prayers, and will keep doing so forever more. The Lord always prevails. God hears my prayers and He is working on my husband's heart softening it even now. <P>Dear almighty God, thank You for your saving grace. Thank You for being merciful to me and comforting me during this excruciating trial. Lord, I love You and worship You and only You. I thank You from the bottom of my heart for the work you are doing and are about to do in my husband David's life. Thank You Lord for sending the Holy Spirit to him, keeping him under conviction, calling his name, drawing him to You. Shine Your light down on David Lord, causing his eyes and ears to be opened to Your Truth. Speak to his heart tonight, even as he sleeps. Father, I also thank you for our dear brother RonS, whose words of encouragement have helped so many. Lord please keep Ron tucked under your wing, protected from all harm. I pray his heart is filled with Your joy. Please place conviction upon his wife, causing her to turn to You Lord. Lead her to think continually of Ron, let her see his face every time she closes her eyes, fill her dreams with thoughts of Ron. Relight the love in her for Ron Lord. Thank You dear Jesus for loving us so very much. I want to know You more, to draw closer and closer to You. You are our almighty Savior and we praise Your holy name in the highest!!! IJN AMEN<P>

T
T
AW How are you doing?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 295 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation