Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
A few of us here have been feeling like we are losing this battle. I appreciate and love the inspirational support given here, it means so much to me. I can't stop the tears right now. I feel like I didn't fight hard enough. My husband being the controlling person he is, just didn't allow me to have any affect on preventing him from moving forward with the divorce. I received my books from the restore ministries and have just begun to read them.<P>This is such a test to my faith-not that I curse the Lord at all or ask him why this is happening to me-I am having a hard time believing that happiness is in my future, and I think that if I am to ever re-marry, that I am just settling for second best. Being "left" by a spouse makes a person feel like they are second best, well for me anyway!<P>I am having a real hard time right now and would appreciate your kind words and prayers.<BR>Love,<BR>Petrie

G
G
Petrie,<P>I just posted to you on divorce/divorcing please read. I feel led to say something else now. First as you read your books you will find that you could not have changed the outcome by fighting your husband. This is a house divided.<BR>Let your husband lead. You have not lost anything that God can't return to you. God needs to work in you first. This is not about being good enough it is about learning to depend on the Lord for EVERYTHING. God can and will fix any mess.Please stop talking about remarriage. The next thing you know Satan will send someone in your life and you will think God sent them to give you something "better". This is a lie from Satan it is not God. Satan now knows what it will take to get to you(another man). You have given satan a tool. I will be praying that this doesn't happen and I am asking Beth to pray also in order that the cord be stronger.<BR>You are not second best in God's eyes and He doesn't want you to have second best which is what you will have if you give in to Satan's lies. I am sorry if I seem hard on you but this is a hard road and I love you dear sister and do not want you to give up or in. Please email me if you want at tpatter4@aol.com. I do not have all the answers but God does and He has revealed a lot to me already. I will always need HIS help.<BR>gentle

A
A
Petrie,<P> I have worked a 12 hour shift,but I am here my sister in Christ.I know this is hard. God sees your tears.<P> Will pray for you ,Beth

B
B
Do not despair! You have gotten some excellent advice from Gentle. Let the Lord lift you up and free your soul. Your road is not an easy one and the journey is not done, but the Lord God Almighty will walk with you every step of the way. Stand on that promise, that it might give you the strength you need to withstand and endure. Show your Faith in the face of trials, that you might enlighted those who are in your situation but have no Faith. God will bless you because you are his child and he loves you. Allow him to comfort you in your time of sorrow and feel the release that comes from turning everything over to the Father. I am praying for you, but always remember, you are first rate!

T
T
Gentle is right and she is helping me too! I am in your same situation but we haven't signed the divorce papers. My husband just believes he isn't married to me so he feels free to do whatever he wants and comes home when he wants. It is the hardest thing I have ever faced.<P>You are not the problem. He is. You may have made mistakes, but maybe he is just a Taker right now. Some people don't accept love and they don't give love. Pray for his conversion. He needs to convert more than he needs to love you. As God gives him the grace to convert, his eyes will open and he will see the beautiful person he has cast away. You are okay. Your outer beauty has nothing to do with this. Maybe he had trouble because you were so beautiful inside it was holding a mirror to his sins. Keep loving him and pray that he converts to the Lord. This trial is going to make you platinum! You have really trusted the Lord to have gotten this far and not given up. <BR>My brother told me that if you have to hike up a mountain the last mile is the hardest one. Don't forget that. Ask the Lord to take your backpack and remember what Gentle said - this is not about your behavior, it is about learning to trust the Lord. She is totally right. I am just beginning to learn that and she is reminding me.<P>Lord, let us trust in You in all things. Thank you for the support and the strength of all these replies which You inspire and which build us up. COntinue to build us up, Lord, so we can inspire others. Help the love we feel from You witnessed by these members get us through our trials. Help us to feel the strength of your love and your mercy. Help us to know when to seek outside professional help. Guide us in all we say and do and help Rejected feel loved and special because she is very special. You must love her so much to have trusted her with this big trial. Let her misery not interfere with her relationship with you. Help her to find a special prayer group to sustain her in this. Remind her that You suffered and You rose again. She will rise again, Lord. If this marriage is in Your will as we all believe it is, Lord, allow whatever it takes to happen to her husband to bring him to You. You are not on our time line, Lord. You are eternal. Allow us the patience to respect your time line, Holy Jesus.

R
OP Offline
R
Thank you everyone, for the kind words and prayers.

T
T
Petrie,<BR>You are #1 girl. He is the one who is losing out on someone who obviously has a heart of gold. It hurts, I know. God will restore you and maybe your marriage. Here's what I am doing and it's working so far. I am just giving her everything. I own a construction company. It's half hers. OK, here. What else can I give you? Ok, here. You want what? Ok, here. All of a sudden she is saying, "wait, who is this?" Am I going to miss out here? All of the material things will soon be gone and then what? Give it all and watch God work. We are with you and if we could all be together, we would take you out and show you that you are loved. It's the soul of a person we fall in love with. He is in sin somewhere in his life. Pray hard for him to know God more deeply and pray that God will bless him in whatever decisions he makes and then tell him you are praying this for him. Then turn ask him if you can give him anything else. God will give you the strength and he will open the doors too. <BR>Let us know what happens. We are praying and cheering you on. :-) ><> Ted

G
G
In response to TGattino,<P>AMEN!<BR>gentle

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation