Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#339482 07/25/01 10:22 AM
R
Racine Offline OP
OP Offline
R
My wife and I have been separated for a month now. We scheduled a "date" in another month to discuss our relationship. During this time she wants nothing to do with me. She wants complete space. She states she doesn't know if she's in love with me and time away will help her with her discision. Well, time after time I've prayed on this. We even went to see a counselor, but just one time. She doesn't want to go back until after our "date". I've prayed and prayed for her to come back and I've seeked advice from numerous people and it all comes back the same, to give her space and time and I'm trying I really am. I just pray to the lord that she realizes I'm willing to fill those voids I didn't fill before. I'm trying to keep faith that it will all work out, but it's so dificult and she doesn't make it any easier by the things she says sometimes. Such as, if I meet someone else to let her know so she can tell the kids it's OK. She's also very negative about our future. Her statements often contain the phrase, if we don't make it. I often pray for her also because she's acting in a way I have never seen her act. She's very much into herself. Our bills are behind, but she has all kinds of brand new clothes and jewelry. Must I also say she lost 55 pounds in 2 months. This is around the time she changed. <BR> I know I need prayer, but someone please pray for my wife also. I feel she's a lost person at the moment, but then again---- so am I.

#339483 07/25/01 04:07 PM
T
T
Oh - I am really sorry to hear how she's behaving. I am not the best expert but maybe you shouldn't give her that space. You don't have to do what she says in these cases. Read about Plan A and B if you haven't yet.<P>My husband acted weird like her when hit 40 - suddenly he was all critical of me and a super athlete - biking, golfing, playing tennis, lifting weights, playing soccer... And he was so into himself it was weird. <P>Later I could even see his face change when he talked about certain things. He said that he wasn't attracted to me right in front of his business partner while I was sitting there. His face was just weird and it is still weird when he is what I call TUI- Talking Under the Influence of youknowwho.<P>Your wife is lost - far more than you are. She is probably going to have to hit the ground hard to come down from her high and out of the fog. <P><BR>Dear Jesus, I pray for Racine's wife to wake up and see the treasure she has before her. Allow her to come back to you and to her husband. Bless Racine in his prayers and grant him perserverance. Remind him that You look for the eternal good, and not the temporary bandaid treatment.<P>Lord, we all have so much to be grateful for. Help us to remember that and to call out to you humbly. Bless Racine again and again and make him into Your perfect servant. Restore this marriage and make it stronger than ever in You. I ask this in the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.<P>

#339484 07/25/01 04:12 PM
F
F
We will pray for you Racine.<P>In the meantime, read everything you can on the MB web-site, and some of the postings on the Discussion Forum. Do you know if your W is having an affair? I don't mean to assume, or make you jump to any conclusions, but her actions and words sound typical of a wayward spouse. Read and learn, and keep praying.<P>Father, fill Racine with your comfort and peace. Show him that you are in control, and that you need some time to work on his wife. Fill Racine with strength, energy, insight, and wisdom. Father, lift up his wife out of the confusion that she is in. Fill her with your spirit - show her your love and peace as is flows through Racine. Father, we know that your will is the only way for us. Give us faith, trust, and patience that you are in control, and your way and and your time will bring us joy and understanding.<P>------------------<BR>Faith1<P>"Then Jesus answered, 'Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.'"<BR>Matt 15:28

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation