Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
OP Offline
K
Well all,<p>At 3am I got a call from my ww, it was a short call but she was to the point. She is ready to come home, there are some things that are hindering her right now. #1 Her passport was taken from her by officials, they are checking it out, she hopes to have it back in a couple of days. I have her passport, so lets just pray that whatever passport she has will get her out of that country. She was very apologetic and concerned that I would not want her home. <p>She told me there is one song that has been giving her hope, "I'll be waiting" by Richard Mark, she has been hoping that the words were true. I will go get it to see what it says. She also heard "our song" and started to cry. <p>She realizes that she has been destroying herself and that she needs to come home. She asked me to tell her parents that she loves them, she also told me that she loved me and that the things she told me in the past were the truth. <p>She has been trying to get money to come home, her words "at this rate I'll never get home" She also said that she doesn't even remember how she got there, "its like I've lost my mind, I have lost my mind" <p>So please pray that God will make a way for my w to come home. I don't know that her coming home is the easy thing right now, but I know that it is the most important step to our healing process. <p>Blessings to you all,
knight

C
cl Offline
C
Morning knight,
I am so very happy your prayers are being answered in this way.
If you know what country she is in perhaps contacting the embassy would be helpful?
She cannot remember how she got there? That is shocking-the memory does have a way of protecting the mind/body/heart but this is extreme. I wonder if the embassy would be more apt to intervene if they knew the extent of her illness?
Sending prayers, cl

K
OP Offline
K
cl,<p>Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Because I have already contacted the embassy and the fact that I don't know the name on ww's passport I will wait to see what happens next. If I need to press furthur I will contact my senator to get him to push for me. Its just a thought right now.<p>Blessings,
knight

T
T
Hi Knight, <p>Your story brings tears to my eyes. I feel badly for your wife, because if she's just waking up, she's going to have a hard time coping with the facts of what she's done. <p>Just get her home and deal with things one day at a time. I will pray for you and your family!<p>love and light,
tinlizzy

K
OP Offline
K
thanks t.l.<p>I truly appreciate your prayers, I know it will be all God when she gets home. I see no other way, I can not make it happen.<p>knight

T
T
Hi Knight, <p>Have you received any more news on your wife?<p>Tinlizzy

K
OP Offline
K
t.l.<p>Thank you for your concern. No I have not heard any thing yet. I feel I must not be ready yet. I will see all the Lord has for me in His time. Please join us if you can in a fast Mon/Tues/Weds we are not doing 3 full days, just what we can.<p>How are you?<p>Blessings to your household,
knight

T
T
Hi Knight, <p>You are right, it will all happen when the time is right. I will keep your family in my prayers.<p>I would love to join you in a fast. What do you do? Just drink water and fresh juice? I've actually been thinking about fasting, but haven't found any good info on the web about it. <p>My family is doing really well. Thanks for asking. Actually, my mom is visiting us right now and I am just amazed that we used to live together and we're both still alive! I pray that I can let go of my anger towards her and just have a nice visit.<p>Blessings,
tinlizzy

K
OP Offline
K
t.l.<p>I'm glad to here that all is well with your family. It can be hard to drop the hurts and the pains of the past, but with Jesus all things are possible.<p>The place where I get most of my info on fasting is Shiloh Place Ministry. I have been on many different fasts, the one I will do this next week will be to skip a meal or 2, get a glass of water, and spend some time alone with the Lord. I have also been on "Daniel fasts" which is only being on Veges and juice for however many days. Some of the exteme fast can be dangerous tho so you need to be careful. By extreme I me going w/o food or water or water only for more than a day so it is good to be educated. If water and fresh juices works for you, then that would be perfect. <p>I will count you in then.<p>Happy Easter.<p>Blessings to you and your family,
knight

J
J
Knight, how are things going with you? Heard from your wife?<p>Lifting you in prayer...

F
F
Hi, Knight. I also have been thinking of you and W. I shared in a group how God confirmed my two day fast by you contacting me to participate. They are all praying for you guys now and some even joined the fast last Tuesday, I believe. <p>How is everything? How are you holding up? <p>Please everyone let's cover this amazing man in prayer. Rarely do you see the kind of love he has for his W shown in today's society. They will need so much prayer for their M to heal when his W comes home. Ask the Lord to bring Knight to remembrance often so you can pray.<p>Knight, I have to thank you for the call to fast. Incredible things have happened to me personally and I pray it will be a thousandfold more for you. Thanks for sharing the site where you get help/information. This is something I have longed for in my spiritual life for years and blows me away the new level of power it brings.<p>Keep hanging in there. Your wife is truly blessed. We are anxious to hear from you.<p>Hugs in Him.<p>Fresh Start

F
F
Knight I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you and your wife and praying for you both.<p>Joanne

K
OP Offline
K
Hey all, thanks for those prayers, thoughts and encouraging words.<p>JSO,
I'm doin' OK, work has been crazy, I can't hardly keep up, I had to hire a guy, praise the Lord. No, no word yet from my w. [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] <p>F.S.
I am so happy that things are going so well for you, we can see incredible things happen when we fast. Thank you for sharing with your praying friends, we are in such a crucial time right now. I am holding up OK. Sometimes it is so much easier to just live life that I don't spend the time with the Lord that I feel is necesary for my recovery. As I told JSO I have had a ton of work lately, maybe I need to afford that plane ticket for WW to get home, I know that He has everything taken care of.<p>f-h-l,
Thank you for your prayers, I know that only the Lord can make this M come back together. <p>Blessings to all of you,
knight

F
F
So good to hear from you, Knight! Good attitude about the work. Make sure that you are making time for you and your kids, too, though. (From a guilty overworker!)<p>I don't know if it's Scriptural or not but I was thinking that maybe you shouldn't be too hard on yourself about not spending as much time in prayer as you feel you should---maybe this is such a vulnerable time that God is using the army of intercessors to cover you? Certainly if you are hearing His voice to come into quiet time with Him, obey!! But realize that you are (I suspect anyway) in conversational prayer with Him constantly because of all that is on your mind. <p>Those quality times are precious and priceless and you should be encouraged to seek the Father in this way but at the same time, know He understands the very pulse of your being at this moment.<p>Blessings, bro!

K
OP Offline
K
f.s.,

It is good to hear from you my friend. I don't feel guilty, but I know there are times that I know I need to be in the Word or prayer I don't have the energy. I know that God is raising up intercessors to pray over my situation. I have had 2 friends that have told me they will fast daily until my w is home. I cried today when one friend told me he was going to fast. <p>Blessings to you,
knight

S
S
Hey KNight, I just found this page, and my heart goes out to you. I have been waiting 7 years for the Lord to restore my M. I will wait as long as it takes, I will pray for you as well. It is not easy waiting, but keeping our eyes on HIm will certainly help. I look forward to your w coming home too. God Bless you and your children.
Monika

S
S
Just thougth I'd share a little about myself. . It has been 7 years since my H left this coming Nov. We will have been married 10 years this June. It all began with an affair, more than one I'm afraid. We are not D'd, he is living with OW, in another province. I am on my own, still wearing my wedding ring, and staying committed to my vows. I made a covenant with God and my H, and I will not break it. I know many people think I'm crazy, but I know what the Lord wants for me in my life, I have had many signs from Him to hang in there. There were so many times I wanted to give up, because I started to see the storm around me. But He always reminds me that HE is looking out for me. I am to pray for my WH, for his heart, and to continue to follow the Lord in all I do.
I am quite happy even though I have my lonely times. God has given me so much to look forward to everyday. I have no children of my own, but I teach over 60 a year to sing. I feel like the mother of many. They keep me busy, and sane!
I know that many people think I should "get on with my life" they, meaning I should find a new man, wrong! I am getting on with my life, it doesn't take a man for that! God is my husband it says so in the Bible, and I go to HIm for everything. I encourage you to stand for your marriage, and pray for the Lord to continue to give you strength in the wait, as He continually gives me.

L
L
Amen Monika, Im going on 4 years and you do encourage me with your stand of 7 years! I dont think it could be much longer for you. God will honor you greatly.
God Bless, Mark

S
S
Thanks for your encouragement Mark, I appreciate it more than you could know! I read some of these postings and my heart just breaks,there are so many hurting people. I wonder how many of them know the Lord, even though the pain is still there, He gets us through so much better.
I can't imagine what my life would have been without HIM, when you can't see hope, how do you go on? I am so grateful for the hope He has given me.
God Bless you too Mark,
Monika

K
OP Offline
K
Monika and Mark,<p>Thank you for an example on how to stand with God. How do you make it when you feel that you don't have the energy to make it anymore? I know that the Lord has helped me through in so many ways. I get very frustrated that my life has taken this unexpected turn, but then I just have to give it to God. <p>I got some bad news from my accountant and now I am scrambling to find all my numbers to come up with some more deductions. I know that the Lord provides, but I am tired.<p>God is so good, and I know He will get me through, just really tired and frustrated right now.<p>Blessings to you,
knight

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation