Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#341347 04/29/02 08:30 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Please could you all pray for my husband Paul to open his heart to the Lord, for I fear Satan is holding onto him tighty. I long to have my husband home we with me we split up 6 months ago, and I pray for reconsilation of our marriage daily. Please also pray for me that I pray the right prayers for my husband and my family. Standing for marriage has to be one of the hardest things I have done, our wedding aniversary is looming and that will be very hard for me (6th May)

#341348 04/29/02 10:58 AM
F
F
I will definatly pray for you. My husband has just returned for good hopefully after being backa nd forth for almost 9 months. The Lord kept my head above water and spoke to my husbands heart it a way that my husband would hear. The Lord also gave me the right words to say at the right times, I always knew when I would say something that was from me because things would go bad quick. If you don't have The Power of a Praying Wife may I suggest it? It is a wonderful book with alot of insight on husbands and our roles as wives and the power we have been given in prayer about our husbands.<p>Please take care and know that the Lord does not want your marriage to end. He wants it restored more than you do, but there may be some issues that your husband has to deal with and the Lord is the only one to teach him. His timing is so hard to wait on...but worth it.

#341349 04/29/02 04:59 PM
F
OP Offline
F
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Faith-n-Hope:
<strong>Please take care and know that the Lord does not want your marriage to end. He wants it restored more than you do, but there may be some issues that your husband has to deal with and the Lord is the only one to teach him. His timing is so hard to wait on...but worth it.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart Faith-n-Hope. I really needed to hear what you had to say.

#341350 04/30/02 10:08 AM
H
H
You have Faith- Hope- and Love. Then stand on that and believe in it. The battle isn't your its the Lords. Ask God to change you to work in you to seek you heart and sed the holy spirit. Pray for your husband life. Tell God to bring your husband back to him not you. Tell God that if your husband lives a rightous life and is in the path of holiness then your husband will return to you. For what God has but together let no man take apart. God is Good Praise in the morning, noon and night. He is a God of Love. Stand on his words and promises. In Joshua 24:15 The Lords tells me as for me and my house we will serve the LORd. Claim and believe. tell him to move you and to open your heart so you can see the LOVE< JOY, HEALING, AND PEACE. cLAIM THE VICTORY THAT hE HAS FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR HUSBAND. gIVE HIME THANKS AND GIVE HIM GLORY AND ALL THE PRAISE. PRAISE FOR BRINGING YOU OVER THE MOUNTAINS, FOR THE TRIALS THAT HE BROUGHT YOU THROUGH FOR THE BLESSINGS PRAISE HIM. PRAY FOR YOU HUSBAND FAITH, WALK, LOVE, ETC. PRAY DAY AND NIGHT BUT PRAY FROM THE HEART. I WILL PRAY FOR YOU MY SISTER. GOD BLESS YOU NOW AND ALWAYS.

#341351 05/02/02 05:29 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Please keep on praying for my husband Paul, to open his heart to the Lord. I want you all to know I love Paul so much.

#341352 05/04/02 11:39 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Please pray for Paul to hear the Lord talk to him! Paul is bringing our son home @ 9pm GMT, please also pray for me that I don't say anything wrong. Let Paul see how the Lord has changed me!

#341353 05/04/02 03:55 PM
F
OP Offline
F
My husband (Paul) brought our son home he didn't even come in the house, and he looked very uncomfortable. He asked cos it was Bank Holiday could he have our son on Monday (I replied saying, remember what day it is then so please don't even ask) It is our wedding aniversary on Monday. When talking to my son, it seem Paul has told him is divorsing me, but has not told me (seems I am goning to get to know via a solictors letter). I knew this was coming but was hoping and praying it wasn't going to happen. I feel like my heart has been ripped out. My son is watching a video so he can't see me crying although he has done, keeps asking me if I am alright! Our daughter won't see her father because he was viloent towards her. Paul has hit me ever since before our wedding day, although towards the end became less and less. But I did get hit for distrubing him while he was flirting with some woman in the US, now he has flirted with many of them all from the US. Now he says one is coming over towards the end of the year, she is going to see him and other people. Not sure but he has refered to her as his girlfriend to other people. What should I do now? I didn't think it was possible to hurt anymore. Will God save my marriage, or is it hopeless?

#341354 05/04/02 07:18 PM
L
L
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by faith-hope-love:
<strong> I knew this was coming but was hoping and praying it wasn't going to happen. I feel like my heart has been ripped out. Paul has hit me ever since before our wedding day, although towards the end became less and less. But I did get hit for distrubing him while he was flirting with some woman I didn't think it was possible to hurt anymore. Will God save my marriage, or is it hopeless?</strong><hr></blockquote><p>fhl,
I do not believe ANY situation is hopeless, with the Lord. I have been served with those papers, too. In September, and NO DECREE has been issued yet!! It may, but it is just "a man-made piece of paper," and therefore has NO jurisdiction in God's court!<p>HOWEVER, I DO NOT believe "hitting" is good, either! IN fact, I am totally opposed to it. I think you need to find out why you "allowed" yourself to be treated this way for so long.<p>Having said that, I believe the Lord has a LOT of work to do in your H, as well, so you may be in for a long wait. I hope you are strong in the Lord and are willing to pray and learn what God wants you to do. Do you have a "Word from the Lord" concerning this situation? I believe (MY OWN PERSONAL BELIEF here, ok?) that God "speaks" to each of us. We have to "hear" from Him, and KNOW what His Will is, personally, for our future and our M's.<p>Please spend some time in prayer (also fasting, if possible) to clearly hear from Him concerning your stand for your M. HE IS faithful, and will come close to the brokenhearted.<p>Go to RejoiceMinistries.org It is one of my favorite sites! Besides this one, of course. They can lead you to the straight and narrow that is required to put your M back on track.<p>I will be praying for your H to "Hear the Lord's voice," - as I am praying for my own. Please continue to seek Him in your situation. HE ALONE can heal this.<p>God Bless,

#341355 05/05/02 10:22 AM
F
OP Offline
F
My story a little of it anyway!!<p>My husband says he is a Christian but his actions do not confirm this. We have been seperated over 6 months now, I have had counselling through my church. My husband went to one session on his own, but then said it was only so I would let him keep seeing the children (that really hurt as it gave me hope). My husband seems to have fallen in love with various women on the net all from the USA, apparantly one is coming over to see him and other people towards the end of the year. There has always been viloence in our marriage and before from my husband, he hits me cos I looked at him wrong etc, he is not a drinker so doesn't even have that excuse. Once I asked him to leave because I finally knew he was messing around with women on the net, he hit me because I came down stairs and asked him to come to bed at 4am in the morning, he said he would leave if I didn't go back upstairs (which I didn't). But he came home 10 mins we talked and he said we had a lot of problems in our marriage, but he wanted to stay and work things out, he thought it could take anything up to 12 months to sort things out. But then for the next 2 weeks he was awful cold, and there was something totally different about him, I had to ask him to leave I felt so uncomfortable around him. But I still loved him and wanted my marriage to work. I found out when he had gone that he had also hurt my daughter, she will not see him now and doesn't want him in our house (which makes it very hard when I want to save my marriage). Yesterday my husband had our son, when he brought him home my husband wouldn't even come in the house infact he couldn't even look at me. Our son told me that last night his Dad was talking to him about divorse. I have cried all night, talked to God, begged him to talk to me but nothing.
On another note once my husband left we carried on making love for about 2 months, but then I rather put an end to that. He said something really awful about money I have no idea why but I saw red and hit him (wrong I know). But after years of his viloence it somehow gave me some strength back, he went to hit me twice and stopped both times. But I now know I would never allow another man to hit me.<p>
I long for my husband to hear God, I truely know if it is God will we can have a happy marriage!<p>[ May 05, 2002: Message edited by: faith-hope-love ]</p>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 630 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation