Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#344114 11/20/03 10:40 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I would like to take this time to Praise the Lord for the little things that keep coming through!

1) My husband's heart is softening - we do not fight when he comes around
2) Husband has been coming around & staying for a few hours instead of taking the kids elsewhere
3) Have been laughing & enjoying each other's company
4) Not able to call the OW from work like before - he stopped using cell phone
5) Is taking son for Thanksgiving to his family upstate - this could have been a downer for me, but I believe it's a praise because now my husband will have the effects of only having 1 child with him for the holidays instead of the whole family - could mean he would miss all of us (with the help of God)
6) Children are happy & getting adjusted to the situation - don't complain too much anymore
7) I am at peace most of the time and cry less each time

Just a few things that I would like to Praise the Lord about. Thank you Lord Jesus for loving me enough to die for me and put up with all of MY faults.

If anyone else would like to join me in praising him, just let them all start rolling in! God bless!

#344115 11/21/03 12:12 AM
G
G
Amen to praising the Lord God Almighty.

He has answered many prayers for me today. I know more is on the way.

Praise be to the King of Kings!

He is faithful even when we are not.

gentle

#344116 11/22/03 03:10 AM
T
T
Standing_For_M,
I will add your praise report to the weekly prayer list.

Even though it is difficult to remember sometimes whe I am in the midst of my trials and pain, i say a little phrase that a woman in a collection agency told me this past summer when I was out of the house on the TRO. She wass taking an insurance seminar and the instructor stopped and said.

Every breath is a grace from God."

To that I would like to add (paraphrase for "The Purpose Driven Life") that if nothing good was to ever again happen in our lives, we would always be able to thank God...for giving us His Stainless and Perfect Son, who died on the cross for ALL our sins; both those of the believer and non-believer.

Thank you Dear Jesus for dying on the cross. Amen.

God Bless,
TTSMM

#344117 11/22/03 10:19 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Amen to that!!!

#344118 11/26/03 08:54 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Another praise to the King of Kings! Usually my H leaves after the children go to bed around 9, but last night he stayed another 2 hours! It was just us, playing cards & talking about nothing in particular. Praise the Lord! I believe he is opening the door to reconciliation. Too soon to tell? Who knows. But this is the first time this has happened, so I am giving thanks to the one who made it possible!

#344119 11/26/03 10:02 AM
T
T
SFM,
Praise Our Heavenly Father. That's great.

God's Blessings,
TTSMM

<small>[ November 28, 2003, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: tryingTOsaveMYmarriage ]</small>

#344120 11/28/03 11:14 PM
P
P
A verse in Paul's letter to the Church at Phillipi says:

I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. (4:13)

When I'm really down I remember all God's promises and that HIS grace is sufficient.

Love,
Pegasus

#344121 12/02/03 12:34 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Another praise to report -

My H has been sleeping in a cold room since he left. I prayed that he would be kept warm & sleep soundly. He also has been having trouble sleeping (probably because he's reaping what he sowed). The Lord answered & brought him to our house Sat night to see the children & he didn't leave until the next day. He slept on the sofabed & slept for 8 hours. Praise the Lord! Now let's continue to pray that the Lord keeps bringing him home until he no longer wants to leave in the morning!

Praise the Lord! Hallelujah! TTSMM, could you add this to the prayers answered on Wed? Thanks.

#344122 12/02/03 03:32 PM
B
B
I would like to give praise to the lord today, for having a wonderful sister who is so hooked in to the Lord, that we had a bible study over the phone for 4 hours, that I really needed. It was amazing.
Also, The Lord has put a strong christian woman in my path through work, who is into a purpose driven life.
I feel like I spent so much of my day with the Lord, and I feel super!

#344123 12/02/03 04:18 PM
S
S
Heavenly Father, I thank You for your mercy and Your grace. Father, I thank You because I know you are bringing the husbands back to their wives. Father God, put the priest back into the homes on a permanent basis. You O Lord can give them the wisdom to love and to cherish their wives like You have commanded them to do. Father, restore these marriages of Standing and Blended back to better than they ever were before. Because now You will be at the center, and a three fold cord is not easily broken. Father soften ALL hearts today, including mine. Open our spiritual eyes and ears to act by faith and not by sight. Give us Your peace and assurance this day that You are in control. Thank You for what You have done and are about to do. In Jesus name. Amen

singleguy

#344124 12/02/03 10:24 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the prayer, singleguy. Encouragement always helps me feel so much better.

#344125 12/03/03 01:31 AM
T
T
Blended and Standing,
These ARE Great things to hear, and Praise Jesus Christ for working in your lives.

I would like to use this posting to keep track of ALL praise reports to placed in on the Wednesday prayer. I ask that you two and single and any other MBers that read this, post your praises here, as well as make me aware of any other praise reports that are on any other threads or forums (either by inserting the link or by telling me where it is located - forum and thread name). We need to get these praises in here, along with the prayers, very week. We need to show people God's grace and that the devil is losing when we pray as ONE.

Thank you in advance for helping me with this ministry.

God's Blessings to all of you,
TTSMM

#344126 12/03/03 08:33 AM
S
OP Offline
S
No prob, Trying. Anything to further the praise of God!

#344127 12/04/03 09:23 AM
S
OP Offline
S
PTL!!! I was not having that great a day yesterday, alright, pretty okay but could have been better and when I came home, the children told me their father had stopped by - actually I saw his hat there so I knew he was there. But he had left before I got home. I knew he didn't have to work so I took this as a sign that he did not want to be around me after learning that I was crying & could not put up the Christmas tree without him. I asked God to show me a sign, one little sign, nothing gigantic that could show me we're making progress in the right direction (I guess that's the human in me - even though he's been showing me little signs all along, SHAME ON ME!)

He called! We were talking for a long time. He had called to see if he left his hat there. I told him he could come over & get it. He didn't want to - then he ended up coming over. We were actually flirting on the phone with one another! PTL! He stayed for a total of 5 hours! Boy, am I tired because of going to bed late. And he knew he had to get up early today & he stayed late anyway! PTL!

I am in such awe of the ways God works. God touches our lives in so many different ways & in ways we do not expect him to! PTL! Not my will, but YOUR will be done, Father. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all that you are doing to restore this marriage & restore my husband back to you! Amen & Amen!!!!!

#344128 12/05/03 01:13 AM
S
S
SFM,

I remember a few of these myself. Doesn't it made you feel like God put the whole world on hold and said; "SFM you are very special to me, here's a hug and proof that I'm working on your M".

More blessing on you.

S&C

#344129 12/10/03 01:14 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Not sure if this is a praise, if God has answered a prayer. Tell me what you think. I had prayed a little while ago, not sure how long ago, but anyway, I prayed that if my husband could not hear God speaking to his heart, that God find someone, send someone, as a messenger to speak for Him. My husband would actually hear words spoken from a human mouth and would be much more able to comprehend that, than trying to listen to God's voice in his heart. Well, over the weekend, I had run into a friend of ours, mostly my husband's that we had not spoken to in 4 years. My husband had stopped calling him 4 years ago (for what reason - I don't know). In all places, a club! I had gone out with my sister to have a couple of drinks & try to dance (that's what I mostly go out for - to DANCE!) and have a good time. Well, we ran into this friend of my husband's and he approached me & when I gave him a hug, the first thing he asked was if my husband & I were still together. Not, how are you? Not, how's Adam? But, Are you and Adam still together? Funny, why would he ask that? I keep feeling in my gut that God will use this friend to "get through" to my husband. How long that will take, I don't know.

Am I just reading into something more than what's necessary. I have always strongly believed that nothing happens by coincidence. Then, after I came home (my husband had the kids), I told him that his friend wanted him to call him. I gave him the number & the next day, my husband was going to call him. I haven't heard from my husband for 2 days now. Could this be the work of God? Could God be working on my husband through this man? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I respect all of your opinions and thoughts. Thanks guys.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 894 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation