Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#347758 01/18/05 12:07 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Give it up to Him

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God.

CJ

#347759 01/24/05 04:22 AM
G
GWK Offline
G
I am battling to understand what God wants to do in my life. I understand that what has happened is to bring me closer to Him. What I don't uderstand is why my children has to suffer and what God wants from me.

Do I keep on hoping even when my W tells me that she needs to move on with her life and there is no chance of reconciliation?

When I pray, what do I pray for?

I am really confused at this stage of my life and sometimes I feel that God is unnessacirly cruel!!

I have times when I really believe that everything will eventually come alright between me and my W, but then I start to think that it's better to just give up on our M and maybe the pain will then go away. I am really battling to keep my faith alive.

GWK

#347760 01/25/05 01:23 AM
S
S
Hi GWK,

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">When I pray, what do I pray for?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I always try to pray for Spiritual understanding (Eph. 1:17) for me, my child and my W. I pray for my WW's relationship with OM to be literally DESTROYED. I prayed for emotional protection for my child.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I am really confused at this stage of my life and sometimes I feel that God is unnessacirly cruel!!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">God is never cruel. Only He sees what may lie ahead for your children. He may see a similar situation in their future and the way you handle your situation will teach them something. Hopefully it would be something that will help them. Hopefully it will teach them to seek God, lean on Him and trust Him in all things.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have times when I really believe that everything will eventually come alright between me and my W, but then I start to think that it's better to just give up on our M and maybe the pain will then go away. I am really battling to keep my faith alive.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You would only be giving up if you didn't try everything in your power to be the person you need to be for your WW. If you tried everything you thought there was to try and she doesn't respond even a little then you need to separate yourself from the hurt being inflicted upon you and your children.

I believe whenever we try everything we can and our WS still chooses to remanin in the A, it's time for plan B and I know that God can heal the hurt and even guide you to the next Mrs. GWK.

Hope this helps. Bless you.

S&C

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (anchorwatch, bb1471, 1 invisible), 654 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation