Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Greetings all,

My W is feeling very depressed at the moment. Partially it's post-partum depression (although she doesn't want to tell the doctor about it). Partially it is because she went to confession at the weekend, and the priest told her (not unkindly, by the sound of it), that it was not because she *can't* forgive me but because she *chooses* not to. He also suggested that she should look closely at the Lord's prayer, and decide if it was even a prayer that it is appropriate for her to say right now. (I must admit, having looked more deeply at it in the past few years that line about "Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us" is a really important one. If I am asking God to forgive me as I forgive others, then I must forgive *everyone* if I am to expect to be forgiven myself.)

Anyway, I'm getting off the point somewhat. If you have the chance, please say a special prayer for her (and all in similar circumstances) today.

God Bless,
Richard

P.S. If you could say a prayer for me too, I'd appreciate it. As part of becoming a Catholic I have my first official confession tomorrow.... In some ways I'm looking forward to it. In others it's a little scary to know that I must humbly confess everything to another person.

S
S
Praying for you Richard.

Love in Christ,
Y

B
B
dear richard
i will pray for your wife, your baby, and for you...

Father God,
I praise you for this web site in which each of us can reach out to fellow believers who are members of Your family in Christ. I pray for richard's wife to feel Your love, richard's love, and abundant tender care in this time of struggle. I pray for his daughter to grow up knowing You and loving You, and in the arms of her parents. Father I pray for richard to grow in wisdom and understanding. I pray that you will fill him with the power of the Holy Spirit that it may guide him to be a Godly man, husband, and father. I asd all this in Your Son's Holy Name, Amen.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation