Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#348602 12/09/03 01:57 AM
H
OP Offline
H
I was pouring my heart out to God this morning. I don't want to spend my first Christmas in 22 years without my W, but it looks like that is reality. My wish list this year may not be attainable, but I do have a "with" list to share. What are your "with" lists for Christmas?

My Christmas "With" List:

1. my wife to pray and go to church with
2. my children & grandson to have Christmas with
3. a wife to see Christmas displays with
4. a wife to hug and cuddle on cold nights with
5. my wife to have SF with
6. my wife to cry, talk, and share with
7. a wife to plan our future with
8. a wife to grow old with

I don't think this list is asking too much. The Lord assured me this is His "with" list, too. Christmas is the time for miracles and I could sure use some, as could all of you. Remember, Jesus is the real reason for the season!

H
OP Offline
H
I can't believe with all the hurting people out there no one is responding to this thread. Anyway, I thought of another addition to my Christmas With list.

A spouse to communicate loving, encouraging thoughts with.

N
N
I will reply, considering my favorite Christmas song is "Grown up Christmas Wish", something like what you were refering too. That would have been my wish also, my husband is still home, but not in the way that I want him here. There has not been any mentioning of love for me in months, he still kids around with me, but acts and sometimes says he wants out. I have given it to God, and now I am paitiently waiting. I too would love to have had that feeling at Christmas, to have experienced Christmas magic. Maybe next year. I have 3 daughters who give that to me. A few weeks ago there was mentioning of weekend trips, just us. A few days later he wants out. I don't know what to expect anymore. But if I could've had one thing on my list, it would have been him back as a devoted husband that I know he can be.

H
OP Offline
H
Thanks for posting. Your decision to turn it over to God is very wise. Hang in there and Happy New Year!

John 16:33

T
T
Hurting Promise Keeper,

My wish list was pretty much the same. My wife actually gave me a new wedding band for Christmas.

With that said, we are still in the up and down stage to this whole process.

Let me encourage you to keep your promise... Live your committment everyday and make a deposit into her account daily by any loving means available to you.

My prayers are with you...

H
OP Offline
H
Thanks, Titleist. I haven't seen her or heard anything from her for 9 months now. She abandoned me last April and ran to an adjoining state. I didn't even know where she was for 5 months until I got her D petition. This has been a cold, lonely winter but spring is on the way! The judge will hear my request for a legal separation in February or March. My attorney says he will very likely grant it because there is no just cause for D here. I just want a chance to win her back, I love her so much. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. God bless!

O
O
I'll chime in!

I like your idea, a "with list" is much more important than a "wish list."

I'll add:

Wish my grandmother would be here with my family, who passed on 27 years ago. Little did I know when we went to spend Christmas with her so many years ago how deep an impact she would have on my life.

Grandma, I will be thinking of you this Christmas, and the wonderful life of you faith you left as an example to all who met you.

onmywayhome

Me - 40
S - 32
Married Jan/2006

5 kids from previous marriage
1 son from current marriage

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation