Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
hw Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Greetings! I didn't think I was going to be able to get on. I kept getting the timed out connection message. But I am here.<P>Praise the Lord, tonight when you begin praying, to set the mood. Imagine walking in the garden with Jesus and come into His presence. Then confess anything you need to before God and then pray. Pray asking God to show you what He wants you to pray for...<BR>I had a wonderful prayer time on the subway tonight on the way home. God is so faithful. He just showed me how much He loves me and all of you.<P>So praise the Lord, and lift your prayers to heaven where they are heard and answered.<P>Father,<BR>We come before you tonight and ask for your presence in our praise and prayers. I lift up to you my sins, especially the times I try to take your place on the throne, because I think I know what I need best. Forgive me Father. I want You on the throne today and everyday. Lord I lift these prayerful women to You. Give them clear minds and protect them from Your enemy as they lift their praises and intercessory prayers to You. Increase their faith, and help their unbelief. Hold them close and bless them through this time we spend with You. You say where two or more are gathered, our prayers are amplified. Let us rejoice and praise You tonight, Lord, and come to trust You and your ways. Your ways are not our ways and they are higher then our ways. Thank you for this. Now, I give this time to you, dear Lord. Instruct me and hear my prayers. Let me hear You loud and clear and guide me in Your way everlasting. Amen<P>Have a great prayer time, ladies. I love you all in the Lord.

S
S
I couldn't get in at all last night either. I was looking forwrd to joining you guys. :-(<BR>Hope your time was blessed.

H
hw Offline OP
OP Offline
H
SueB, You can always join us even if you can't get in. I was never able tp post again at the end. I had a great prayer time. I had a note from a friend in Germany this morning. During my prayer time her name came to mind and I prayed for her move which was coming up. Amazing as I was praying, the movers were about to come or were actually already there!! I han't even remembered the date of the movers coming. God is amazing. It so over whelms me.<P>Father, Thank you for such a great prayer time last night. I pray that the other women too had an awesome time with You. Thank you for drawing us in to You. Hold each woman here alittle closer today. Let them open the doors to their heats and ask you in personally today and each day. Increase their faith and help their unbelief. Bless each woman richly with your presence today. Lord, only You are enough. Help us to fully realize what that really means. Take the blinders from our husband's eyes and reveal your majesty and your holiness to them. Reveal your plans and shine your light and message through each one of these restored marriages when it is time. Let those restored marriages, husbands and wives, serve you mightly through strength of the Spirit. And for those woman Lord, whose marriages may not be restored, Lord use it for their good. Letting them know that You do use all things for their good. Let us gain trust in You knowing that you only give good gifts. That you do have plans for us and they cannot be thwarted. You are and will be forever victorious. We are all winners through your Son, Jesus. Now, Lord, keep each woman here in your safe strong arms. Let Your Spirit guide them through today. And show each on them in two ways how much you love them. Lord I love you and each woman here loves you. We lift our praises to You and say Amen.

H
H
Frustation is only the begining with computers sometimes. I tried since 7:30 EST to get on-line and kept timing out too. Had no other problems with other sites. AND just NOW, 10:40 AM EST I was able to get on at work. Have been trying since 8:30 AM when I arrived at work.<P>Eventhough I couldn't go on last night I did pray for EVERYON. Thank God, I had printed last weeks prayer requests and prayed those, plus more after remembering this days' posts!<P>Again I prayed this morning on the bus to NYC. I felt an awsome peace while praying and hope you all felt the calmness around you to. <P>Dear Lord, I pray that you strengthen our Faith in You, so we can focus on what You want us to do. To remember to put You first, husband second, and everyone else third. We must learn to prioritize and have our Heavenly Father lead our daily lives. Lord, please comfort our sisters as they try and do what is right. Give them wisdom and remind them that You are always with them. That Your Will will be done, in Your time not ours.<BR>I thank You Lord for returning my husband back to our home, to be the head as you said it should be. Continue guiding me and make me the wife that I should be. <P>Make me a patient, confident woman who is rich in mind, soul, and spirit. Make me the kind of woman which my H can be proud to say is his wife.<P>Thank YOU LORD, for you are our Leader.<BR>IJN Amen<BR>Pookie.

A
A
Guess I wasn't the only one who couldn't get on line last night or this morning!!! I was having withdrawal pangs. <P>I prayed for us last night too. It just blesses me to pray with you ladies. I thank the Lord for all of you! Praise God for hearing our prayers last night and the answers to come. Pookie, I am so thrilled that the Lord has brought your husband home. PTL! He is so very awesome. <P>HW, your prayers are <B>so beautiful!</B> Thank you for taking the time to post them for us. You are such a precious lady, and I'm so glad you're here. And, I am so very very glad the Lord led me to this website. The fellowship with you all is such a blessing, and I appreciate it so much. <P>I fully expect to be attacked by th enemy today, but I am prepared, with my shield of faith lifted high. We should all be saying extra prayers of protection from the enemy today. I'm going to bring the Spiritual Warfare prayer back to the top. I for one, will be needing it. <P>Thank you Father, for loving and caring for each of the praying wives. Lord, we praise you in the highest, and thank you for protecting us from Satan's attacks. Lord I pray that You will place a impenatrable hedge around each praying wife, giving each an extra measure of Your faith to ward off the enemy. Thank you Father, you are our rock, our Redemeemer, and our Protector. I ask in Jesus' name that each woman be filled with the Holy Spirit, guided by the Holy Spirit in every thought, word, and deed. Lord, we pray that each husband is convicted, and drawn close to You. Help each husband to see clearly that You are the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Show them Lord that they must fully trust in You, giving their life totally to You. Place a burden upon their hearts to know you completely, and come to true repentance. Thank you dear Heavenly Father, we love you with all our hearts and are trusting You to heal our marriages. Lord, I praise You, and love you. Please carry each praying wife today, giving comfort and peace to those that are becoming weary in doing good. Thank you Lord, IJN AMEN

T
Taj Offline
T
I haven't been able to join you ladies for cyber tea and prayer due to the hour, it just doesn't work out for me. But, I think it is interesting to note that <B>ALL</B> were unable to get onto the website last night.<P>To think the enemy was prideful enough to think that would stop you! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>"No weapon formed against you shall prosper". (not even a computer glitch [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com])<P>Father, thank you for the faithfulness of these praying wives. Thank you for their steadfast love for their husbands and for their ability to stick to the task at hand. May the prayers they lifted up to you last night be a sweet smell of incense before Your throne. Thank you for the answers you are bringing about. IJN

J
J
Yes, we were all definitely kept off last evening and this morning.Glad we could get back here.I was concerned that I would not get to say goodbye to everyone,now that H is leaving on Saturday and taking the computer.<BR>Maybe somehow,I can check in from time to time- I don't think I'll be visiting my H in his place.(To be able to use it.)He says he's not ready to tell me where it is. (If he even has a place yet- who knows. He did say he has no roommate- he's living alone.)<BR>The only way I'll be able to get a hold of him will be on his cell phone.I'm sure glad that I have a counselor now, that will be able to advise me on how to "behave" through out all of this.(Along with Our Father.......) I certainly want to be mature- not helpless and needy like my husband probably thinks I'm going to be- bugging him all of the time.<BR>I will be able to pop in here now and then until the computer gets shut down on Saturday. <BR>I feel sad and scared not having your support and Godly wisdom.<BR>Please remember me in your prayers,that God changes me,to stay in Jesus(like hw says),<BR>for a restored marriage,patience,to send believing Christians in his path, and a hedge of protection around him.<P>I liked what Greg Laurie said the other evening on the Christian station I listen to:<BR> <BR>"Have a big problem? <BR>Don't forget how big God is!"<P>Praying for miracles for us all,IJN <BR>with love,<BR>Joy

H
hw Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Oh Joy, I know what it is like. The morning my husband left 6 months ago he all of a sudden got parinoid and wouldn't tell me.. It added so much injury to it. I said fine, "I'll call your voice mail at work and leave a message if one of the kids get hurt." I said later what was that all about? He was afraid I would come and stand outside his building. Right I'm a single mom and had started a master's program in social work. Who had the time. Anyways he did tell me the next night. I still feel funny. He has since moved again, I knoe the phone number and I have been over there a lot, but truthfully I don't know the number of the building he is living in. Oh, well.<BR>I know your heart is breaking and if you are not on antidepressants you might get some. I thought I would never take them. I am a very upbeat optimistic person., However as I was trying to work on finals I just copuld not concentrate. It will take some time. It has been six months and I finally feel like my head is out of the dark. God has been there for me every step of the way. Although I fought it It was probably the best thing. Now, I don;t know the future but I know God is working this out in us and through us, His will and for His glory. <BR>Our prayers are with you, and I pray you will be here once and a while. We will miss you<P>Father, I lift JoyNicole up to you. Oh, Father take extra care of her. Left her feel your love, spread your wings for her to find shelter and comfort. Hide her in you strong fortress. Keep her safe. She loves you Lord. What a mighty God. Lord, instruct her husband. Bring him to his knees. Let, him feel early how uncomfortable it is to be alone. Let him miss his family so much. Lord bring Christian men to reach him. Let your Spirit touch him in just the way for him to see and recognize You. Use this for their good and reconcile this family quickly. Amen

C
C
JoyNicole, most public libraries now have computers you can use to access the internet. Maybe you can keep in touch that way. This is a great place to come. I'm certainly glad I found it.

J
J
hw, and CindyM, thank you,thank you(!) for your replies and prayers- of course, hw, you know I wrote out (printer is now out of ink) your prayer,word for word.......<BR>Cindy- The library is a great idea,plus my H told me about something called webtv where I can plug in and go through my tv and get online.I just can't imagine not being able to come here,or e-mail!<P>Sue B- I realize just how often my thoughts become"stinking thinking"- wow just like that I am off and running with negative,unflattering,depressing thoughts, so now I immediately(well, almost immediately- the enemy sometimes deafens me to my own thoughts- no-I must take full responsibility for that)go to your<BR>(God's)advice<P> "Fix my thoughts on what is TRUE, and GOOD, and LOVELY, and dwell on the FINE, GOOD THINGS IN OTHERS-think about all I can PRAISE GOD for and be GLAD about!<BR>Keep putting into practice all you learned from me and saw me doing, and the God of Peace will be with you." <BR>It was a challenge this past weekend to do your assignment- I don't have any great wisdom to pass on,with everything going on(H deciding what he's taking, etc- his whole pot smoking altered state, plus he's been drinking(not at home)to self- medicate-) but I do now, have the awareness of just how much my thoughts have affected everything that has come to pass in my reality.<BR>In this broken heart of mine,slowly mending,I know the Lord will heal me, and I hold all thoughts captive to Christ.<BR>I know He has a plan for our lives, a wonderful plan,we have hope,and a future.<P>We can all put our own names into this personal letter:<BR> <BR>Dear------<BR>I have everything under control,you can take the day off,<BR>Love, God<P>(smile)<P>Hey- I've got another one- <BR>question:<BR>How do you make God laugh?<BR>Answer<BR>Tell Him your plans!<P>Of course, I am not trying to trivialize or minimize our pain,God knows it is real,we are in the midst of some serious life altering situations-<BR> we need to know that the light at the end of the tunnel is not an oncoming train.........<P>JESUS IS OUR LIGHT!!!!<P>Love IJN,<BR>Joy

S
S
Little one, how good to hear how the Lord is stretching and growing you! It has amazed me recntly also how often my thoughts lead me down the wrong road. Glad to see you practicing!<P>Question: He has enough money to move out, to buy pot, etc. If he truly wants to take the puter with him, then it seems he could find the money to get you set up with webtv...I mean if things are community property and you own half of the puter, then he needs to buy you out so to speak I think....just a thought!

N
N
JoyNicole: I am so sorry to hear your pain but know we will continue to pray for you. I don't post too often anymore, but I daily check in and add people to prayer. I remember when I was going through the worst of times thinking nothing is impossible for God. "In your prayers, above everything else, beware of limiting God, not only through unbelief but also by thinking you know exactly what He can do. Learn to expect the unexpected, beyond all that you ask or think." (2 Chron. 1:7 Ask for whatever you want me to give you.) Our prayers are God's opportunities. Prayer can make your time of affliction one of strength and sweetness. Keep your eyes on the Lord. Blessings, J

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 235 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation