Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
hw Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hope everyone is having a reasonably good week. I am so tired and have felt very overwhelmed with school and field placement, that I just have to go to bed tonight. But I still want to pray for everyone during the week if not on line. So please post your requests.<P>For me please pray for protection from the enemy. I feel vulnerable. Please pray that I keep my eyes on Jesus, and let go of all thoughts of the situation and my h. Pray also that my h is reunited with Jesus soon. Thanks for your prayers.<P>hw

S
S
I second that prayer, and include prayer for strength and wisdom in the Lord and that he holds my relsove strong.

A
A
Please pray for us as we wait to see how the men in leadership at our church decide to respond to my husband's confession letter. <BR>I know he is nervous about it because he made jokes about when they would schedule the 'drumming out ceremony'. <P>Our pastor friend told me that he wanted to be sure it was 'handled well' and not 'messed up badly', and that he thought just one or two men should deal with my h. IN CHRISTIAN LOVE. <P>Also, please pray that the OW will leave town. It would truly be a miracle if she did. She told my husband that she had worked harder than the others and had no intention of giving anything up. It would bring me such peace if she'd move and I could know that we wouldn't run into her anywhere.<P>Thanks, lizzie.<P><BR>Heavenly Father, you know our hearts and our fondest dreams for our marriages. Please empower us to live out your grace before our husbands. Please break the bonds of alcohol, infidelity, cyber affairs and other addictions that hold our dear husbands.<P>Pour out your Spirit on us, Lord, and comfort us as we wait on you.<P>For myself, Father, I ask that you remove OW far from our family. I ask that you anoint the men of our church leadership as they prepare to deal with my husband. I ask that you calm my heart and remove my fearful dreams.<P>Amen

C
C
Please just lift me and my family up. Pray what ever comes to mind. I am having a hard time this week, all I seem to be able to do is cry. I really need wisdom, I don't even know what to pray for. I guess the biggest thing is God's will for our marriage, I am having difficulty believing we should stay together when we both seem so miserable. ( Do you think Satan is working on me now, that my h has resigned himself to staying for the kids? Please pray against that.)<BR> I am seeing a few small steps, but am not sure why..........Is he just "doing what he has to do" like he said, or getting warmer, I am so confused. How long? How long? I keep asking God? What do you want me to do?<BR>The answer, just seems to be keep trying, keep waiting.......I WANT TO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN NOW.........I thank you for your prayers, I lift all of you up each night, <BR>and it is comforting to know you guys are praying for me too. by the way, my name is Brenda

L
L
hw, I'll keep you in my thoughts all day. I know your prayers on my behalf have helped me tremendously. I am very grateful and appreciative of your dedication to the weekly prayer requests. <P>I pray that all of us can learn the lessons before us. I pray for us all to become stronger people. For those of us in a dark place, please shine a light on the pathway leading to wisdom. Let us each set down our burdens and ask for help with them. Let us remember that we cannot carry our burdens alone, that we all need help. Amen.<BR><p>[This message has been edited by lonesome heart (edited September 26, 2000).]

W
W
I would love to get in on the group prayer, I pray for this whole forum as often as I think about it (which is daily). I've been standing for my marriage for 20 months now. My h is confused and pretty certain we could not recapture our love and our relationship. You all and I know that is not true, I feel so blessed to have found MB and you Sisters in Christ. My h has been living with his mom and now is moving home and I am moving out to my dad's house. We did this last winter as well, my dad needs a house sitter and I thought if I died to myself and to my wants and needs and gave back to my h that would prove to him that I love him and I have changed, well anyway it didn't change him that I could see, but I feel led to do it again, I think it is good for the children to see more of him as well. Anyhow more of my story another time, at this time I ask you to pray to help me realize either the rightness of this move or an alternative. Pray that my h's heart is softened and the ice walls melt. Pray that we do reconcile and have a Christian marriage. IJN Thanks, my name is Laurie.

C
C
Welcome Laurie, I have been blessed by this prayer group so much, you will too.<BR>that's a beautiful name, my daughter shares it only we spell it lori. <BR> I wanted to share with all that I was able to get out of self-pity, did a christian exercise tape, prayed. and would like to add to my request thanksgiving for more strenth than I could ever imagine, I could have and for a second wind of determination. amen

S
S
In the midst of digging through Boundaries and seeking God's face and trying to walk the narrow road of His will rather than mine, I have frequently struggled with the suggestions from you and other dear sisters about my need to remove myself from the house for safety's sake.<P>The incidences the past few days are such that I now am coming to grips with the reality that this may necessary to save my feelings of love for my husband. I am doing a good job of truth-telling as far my husband needs to assume responsibility for his own feelings even though he would prefer that I assume responsibility for them. The associated rage that is occurring in the midst of truth-telling is such that I realize that I may not be in a safe position here. <P>I have struggled with the truth about fear in light of fear not being from God and Pastor has given me a verse from Proverbs that gives me peace in the rightness of such a step to allow for strong soul searching for myself and my husband in what direction we desire for this marriage to go. <P>PLease continue to pray that I may have the Lord's boldness and gentle spirit to speak the truth and to uphold all that I believe to be true and holy. I ask for wisdom in how to share with my husband the need for space so that we may pray and seek the next step in how to resolve the conflict within our marriage. I leave for California in 10 days, so will use this time to pray and seek His wisdom and to continue to pray for my husband's mind and emotions. I ask for the Spirit's leading in each step.

K
K
I'd like prayers for a spirit of forgiveness, and freedom from dwelling on past hurts...<P>Kathi

C
C
I need a lot of prayers. Been having a really rough time. Divorce is scheduled for October 13th. Losing all hope and feeling very discouraged and lonely. Need God's presence felt.

B
B
Lord, bring our husbands home [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] -- your timing will be perfect! Amen.<P>------------------<BR>The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

T
Taj Offline
T
Please pray for me about a struggle which I am unable to verbalize. I have struggled with this through the long years of lonliness during my h's affair and it has become something that is trying to rule my life even in recovery. Pray that the Lord would help me give this totally to him. Maybe I need the help of a friend, I have tried on my own and as many times as I acknowledge its control I still continue to struggle. Sorry I can't be more specific.<P>Thanks, Taj

K
K
Please pray for my husband to be sensitive to the Spirit of God. That he will open his heart and ears to the love of Jesus and accept His grace. Thank the Lord that he is being so supportive and loving at this time. I can see him changing and growing into a real man. Someday he will be a man of God!<P>Also, I still need your prayers for my health and my baby. Had a big scare this morning and ran to the drs to see if I was going into labor and if it would be life-threatening to me for it to happen at this time. Thankfully the placenta has migrated a tiny bit and I should be able to give birth, but there are still concerns about a premature separation so the midwife wants me on bedrest. The baby is still very active and we should learn more about his heart condition next week.<P>Your prayers have sustained me so well through all this! Thank you so much. The gestational diabetes symptoms completely disappeared and I passed the glucose test with flying colors.

S
S
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>The gestational diabetes symptoms completely disappeared and I passed the glucose test with flying colors. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh Praise God!!! Thank you Jesus!<P>I have hesitated saying anything but my niece was born with spina bifida, the hole in the spine that usually results in retardation, etc among it complications, short life expectancy. Pray healed that baby. She is the onriest little munchkin you ever saw! If the docs hadn't seen her at birth, they would not have believed that she had spina bifida.<BR>

A
A
Hi ladies! I am looking forward to prayer time tonight! My praise and prayer request follows:<P>I praise God for speaking to my husband David's heart, removing the angry spells he was having. I praise God for revealing to me the area of submissiveness in the way I talk to my husband as an area I need to work on, I praise God for causing David's boss to give him a raise, and I praise God for holding me close to Him throughout this trial. I pray that the Lord will guide me so that my behavior will be such that my husband is "won without a word", and I ask God to keep turning David's heart to Him, for the glorious testimony he will have for the Lord. Pray that my husband will hear God say to him the way in which he should go. And David ears will hear the Word behind him, "This is the way, walk in<BR>it," whenever he turns to the right or to the left (Isaiah 30:21). Thank You Lord for that promise! <BR>

A
A
Thank You Father for giving us this opportunity to pray together in agreement for our husbands and marriages. Father, no words can ever express the deep love we feel for You, and the gratitude in our hearts for all You do in caring for each of us.<P>Lord, we believe that the "the minds of our husbands are the same which was also in Christ Jesus". Bind their minds to the mind of Christ, now and forever more. Phil. 2:5 <P>Father Your word will not return void, and we agree in Your name that what You have begun in our husbands as a good work will be completed, and that You wish none to perish but all to come to redemption. Thank You Father that our husbands have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God because the Word of the Lord stands forever. We claim this promise in the precious name of Jesus Christ. <P>Help us Father to not be afraid, to just BELIEVE, and KNOW that our marriages will be healed, because You Lord are the Great Healer, the Magnificent Counselor, all seeing and all knowing. <P>Lord, we know You are in control of each situation, and thank You for that control. Keep us each from falling for the deceptions of the enemy; remind us constantly that through the Blood of the Lamb of God and through our Testimony we are the Overcomers. <P>Let our husbands take heed to their spirit that they do not deal treacherously with us, the wives of their youth. Bring each husband to be the spiritual leader of each home represented here, according to Your will and Your purpose. <P>Remind our husbands of Your commandment that a husband must love his wife, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her. Lord I believe that our husbands are in the light of the Lord and walk as children of light, because of Your Word which says "You were formerly darkness, but now you are light in the Lord; walk as children of light (Ephesians 5:8)." Thank You Lord for transforming them from darkness into light.<P>Lord, According to Your word in Colossians 3:16 "Let the words of Christ, in all<BR>their richness, live in our husbands' hearts and make them wise. Our husbands will use His words to teach and counsel each other. They will Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts." <BR> Thank You Lord, for all of the miracles You are performing. We rejoice in knowing You and are ever thankful for the precious gift of Your Son. We praise You and worship You in the highest, Father. We ask all these things in the name of our precious Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank You Lord for all You do for us, and AMEN and AMEN

S
S
I echo so many of the requests already uttered. Please pray for hope and a vision of what God is doing. Pray that I may turn away from closed doors, from disappointments and things that cannot be - and will see the open doors God wants to show me. <P>Lord, I thank You that You hear our cries and that You are able to save us out of our desperate situations. We need You and love You. Strengthen us, encourage us, give us a vision and a hope, gives us eyes that see the eternal things. Help us to cast our burdens upon You, for Your yoke is easy and Your burden is light. Help us to not carry more than You intended for us. Give us discernment in how to apply healthy and godly boundaries in our relationships. Move in the hearts of our husbands. To You be the glory.

T
T
Hw, My son had me busy last night so could you say a prayers for us tonight. Everyone here is in my prayers each night. Please pray that Dylan(my 1 year old) and I stay save and that H will come back to the marraige and we will become a family again. That H will seek and find the help that he needs. H has moved to Tenn about 7 hours away, that he will ask us to become a family again and join him. H says theis is not what he wanted his A needed to run it course, lets hope that it has and we will become a family agin. <P>Thanks,<P>Michelle

H
hw Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Absolutely, I would be honored to pray for you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 323 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation