Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I was looking back over some of the posts during our study of "The Power of a Praying Wife" and realized that we just passed our 1st Birthday! It was November 17th.<P>It was great to remember all of the women who have added so much to this forum over the past year. Many no longer post but I'm sure they probably lurk [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] for this study and prayer forum is very addictive in a good way.<P>Back then we were all so excited that we posted alot more often and I am so thankful for truly this forum was a lifesaver for my marriage.<P>So, just in case you are lurking I want to thank all of you again and pray you are still experiencing the POPW!<P>Special thanks to Lor, Lizzie, Rootbeer, SueB, Brown and others who answered my posts when I really needed to feel someone understood. <P>And thanks to you Steve Harley for allowing us to branch out in this way.<P>Blessings, Taj

A
A
Taj, it recently came to my mind that it was the one year anniversary of POPW study as I found my receipt for my book. It made me think about the timing of it all, and realize God's hand in it. My husband had recently returned home when POPW started. Before starting POPW my prayers were "can't you change him Lord?" and "please make him stop hurting me". What an eye opener Chapter One of POPW was!!! It was truly God's intervention that led me to the POPW study at that time and got me to get the book. No one will ever convince me otherwise.

H
hw Offline
H
I'm thankful to God and to those who started this forum.. It has been great to get into the study again, as well as get to know all of you. I am thankful for your support, your encouragement, and your sharing. It healps to see how others are dealing with these difficult trials. I also am thankful to those who share their triumphs, it is encouraging to hear of those couples that have reconciled. <BR>I pray that we all are one day sharing the reconcilliations of our marriages in Christ Jesus. I was reminded this morning in church, nothing is impossible with our Lord.

H
H
Taj, Rootbeer, HW, Lor, Lizzie, and all at MB, Bible Study site:<BR>I too thank our Lord every day for having brought me here to meet some wonderful women, listen to their advice, and prayers, and help me become a better wife. Also to opening my eyes on how to pray in a Thankful way, not just always asking for me, but for my husband, understanding my relationship with God and by that strengthing my relationship with my husband. :-)<P>I don't think I could have made it without all you guys. I'm (we) are still very happy, 8 months going on 9. But that hasn't stopped me from continuing to pray and read. I would be a hypocrite if I stopped praying and think I didn't need the Power of A Praying Wife, Our Lord and my friends anymore. <P>Thanks to MB I have a good close friend (Carol14). I lurk now, and I try and give advice from my personal experience. But I continue to read and learn, (not obsessively) because my husband and my children need me more than the time I can spend at MB....BUT anyway...<BR>Thank you Lord for putting such special people in my path, the MB family including the Harley's even though I never spoke with them.<BR>I pray for all my friends.<BR>Amen<BR>Pookie

S
S
Wow, one year, and here I sit still in chapter one, Lord change me! Do I look any shinier? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
LOL! Couldn't of said it better myself! But, like Gloria Gaither says, "I may not be where I want to be but thank God I'm not where I was."<P>Blessings, Taj

L
L
Hi Ladies,<BR>I've been trying to cut down on my MB time--and find myself mainly at GQ. A year ago I never dreamed that one simple post with a book recommendation would lead to the praying, supportive community that formed on this forum.<P>I have to say, POPW changed my life. It's been a tough year for me. After going all the way through POPW, my H left me for the 7th time in Jan 00 and I fell apart. But God knew what He was doing, He took that time when I was out of the way in my H's life and transformed my H.<P>And then He put me back together. I've learned a tremendous amount about God...and discovered that I had pretty much had a God in a box, I was telling Him what needed to be done, and disappointed when it wasn't done my way. In a lot of ways I feel like a fledging believer...only I have 40 years of churchgoing and scripture-hearing hard-wired into my memory.<P>Anyway, my H & I have been back together since May. We had a shaky couple of months as we discovered we aren't the same people we were when this started, almost 3 years ago. But yet, we've now known each other 20 years. Old habits & poor marriage patterns are hard to break.<P>There are days I'm still a wreck and in the midst of rebuilding. We went to Mexico in July to renew our marriage, and along the highway, looking at the buildings it is at times difficult to determine whether the buildings are undergoing demolition or construction. I feel like that, just a lot of rubble surrounding me, but I remind myself that each day God's mercies are new.<P>My H has learned to not walk out when I'm tossing the rubble about...and each time he does not walk out...I heal a little more.<P>We've got a lot to learn, and for me, forgiveness and dropping the past & looking forward remains on the top of the list. I don't want to be like Lot's wife...and turned to salt one of these times I'm looking backward!<P>Anyway, God bless all of you, and thank you for remembering me.<P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."<BR>(Proverbs 15:1).

A
A
Lor, I'm so happy to hear how you are doing! I had been wondering about you and how it was going for you. Praise God for the wonderful work He is doing in your family! I pray that the Lord abundantly blesses you each and every day. Thanks so much for your testimony, it gives such encouragement to hear of the Lord's good works.<P>

A
A
Hi! from lizpearl. <P>Must be short and sweet, got a migraine AND the kids are in a church play tonight...much to do in the next 3 hours.<P>love to all, <P>lor(lor):<BR>so glad to get an update, still doing well here. <P>OW was finally forced to leave old company when proof of her THREE consecutive office affairs came to light. DON'T YA JUST LOVE JUSTICE? (And her poor husband STILL doesn't know.)<P>My h. is still doing very well at new company and we just 'graduated' from 14 months of counseling! <P>love in Christ to all my sisters here,<BR>lizzie<p>[This message has been edited by alias (edited December 02, 2000).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 476 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation