Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Sheba Offline OP
OP Offline
S
<BR>Hi Everyone -<P>It's here....it's finally here!!!<P>Baseball's Opening Day 2000!!!!<P>So, how do your teams look?<P>I was in mourning for the loss of some of my fav players on my Yankees.....<P>Joe Girardi (C) and Luis Sojo (Utility Infielder) will be the most sorely missed in terms of game enhancement.....<P>The Yanks didn't shine in spring training really.....although they did pick up very well towards the end. <P>If we stay healthy - should have another great year!!!<P>Hopeful and Lone Star - I watched you two fantasy trading on the ES/Hopeful thread.......let me just say that SORRY - you cannot take any Yankees!!!!! LOL!!!<P>You can get me Girardi, Sojo and Wells back if you want though!!!<P>So, let's hear it - how are your guys looking?<P>Hugs,<P>Sheba<p>[This message has been edited by Sheba (edited April 03, 2000).]

Y
Y
Hey, Sheba!<P>Today is an EXCITING day, isn't it? Can't wait to see how the first day turns out.<P>My Texas Rangers are a bit of a mystery this year. I'm sure you remember a few months ago when they traded Juan Gonzalez to the Tigers for some pitchers and Gabe Kapler. Well, we'll miss Juan's big bat this year, but Kapler hit .400 in spring training, so maybe it won't be THAT bad.<P>Also, we picked up 3 left-handed starters (we've had two of them in the past). Looks like we're loading up for the Yanks (the scouting report says y'all can't hit lefties)in the playoffs. Only problem is, since we lost half the starters in the field, we might not make it there this year!<P>Anyhoo, I'm hoping we'll have enough strength to get ourselves back to the playoffs and hopefully extend past the first round this year!<P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<P>

S
Sheba Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi LoneStar -<P>I am just in heaven.....I've got the Brewers/Reds and the Padres/Mets games being broadcast right now - so am switching back and forth and coming here during simultaneous commercials...<P>Yankees play Angels tonight at 10pm my time.....just getting in the mood with these pregames!!!! I have my stat sheets all made up for the season - printed them off this morning!!!! LOL!!<P>Leiter (mets) just hit Gwynn (padres) with one of his "insides".....he felt bad.....(and Dazed - you're right - he is pretty cute!!!) Don't worry Airheart - Gwynn is OK......<P>When/Who does Texas play today?<P>Back to the games......<P>Hugs and WooHoo!!!!!!<P>Sheba

K
K
Glad you're happy twin [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>One of this days we will have to sit down and e-mail to each other stuff about basebal, so maybe then I'll understand it and enjoy it . Easy to see that I come from a place where basebal is not that well known [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Did you ever find those sites? I'm waiting... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Hugs to you<P>Kat

S
Sheba Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Twin Kat -<P>Yes, I did a search and bookmarked some for you....want to find more and possibly anything about Canadian laws/positions on it for you!! I didn't forget you.....<P>I am off this week and should have plenty of time to finish and send to you......OK? <P>I will be more than happy to explain Baseball to you......anytime!!!!<P>Do you get Toronto or Montreal broadcasts? If so, watch one and you'll pick it up - it's great!!! About the only game that is not just a ball, puck or whatever going from one end of a field, etc. to the other....at least there is some variety!!!! LOL!!!<P>Talk to you soon.<P>Hugs,<P>Sheba<P>Current update....Hitchcock (padres) hits Ventura (mets) - score tied 1-1 Bot 7th.....Payback? Nah..just tired!!<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Sheba (edited April 03, 2000).]

A
A
Bah!!! Pads lost the opener to the Mets. My day's ruined now... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Padres beefed up their offense a little in the off season (with the addition of Al Martin, Ryan Klesko, Brett Boone), but their pitching is going to be extremely woeful this year. I cringe... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>--andy

Y
Y
Sheba:<P>The Rangers are playing the Chicago White Sox right now. It's in the eighth inning and Texas leads 10-1. What a GLORIOUS opening day this is!<P>Kenny Rogers must have pitched pretty well. Only 1 run on 9 hits. God, I wish I were there right now!<P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<P>

H
H
Hey Sheba,<P>If I'm correct the Yanks got Girardi from Colorado so if anyone gets him back its the ROCKIES not the Yanks. <P>There are very few Rockies from last year and of course no managers from last year but that's okay, I didn't like Leland much.<P>Don't know who the Rockies are playing today. From what I heard they had a pretty bad spring training as well but have done better than the Yanks this year. Sorry Sheba to bash the Yankies but hey I'm all for Colorado. I'll let everyone know about Colorado later

R
RWD Offline
R
Sheba,<P>This has GOT to be the Indians year!!! I'm actually a Pirates fan, but living here in the shadow of Cleveland, I don't hear too much about Pittsburgh, where I was borne and raised.<P>Besides, they now have Griffey, as well as Sosa, and McGwire in their division. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

P
P
Hi Everybody,<P>As a fan who got home yesterday from Atlanta after seeing the BRAVES whip up on the Orioles Friday night, I can only say one thing: I WANT RYAN AND BRETT BACK!<P>Peppermint

W
W
THe Yanks got rid od Girardi? Sojo he won't be too badly missed at least by me....<P>They'll start to kick again during week two or three. <P>All I know is I hate the braves...<P>B<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

S
Sheba Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi All -<P>Oh, I am so excited......I'm all ready - got myself propped in the recliner, something to drink, some popcorn (no hotdogs,though - it's too late here!!) and my scorecard!!!!!<P>Only bad thing is that it's being shown on Fox instead of the local and those dingbat announcers will probably be calling it.....It's OK cuz I got the portable radio handy incase they annoy me too much!!!! LOL!!!<P>I'll come back either between innings or after.....<P>Yankees vs. Angels.....GO YANKS!!!!!<P>Hugs,<P>Sheba

K
K
Hi twin [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]!<P>Thanks for looking for me.<P>In regards to basebol, I just don't understand it so I have trouble following it.<P>It looks fine, but I have no idea of what's hapenning [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I like most sports, but I need to understand what is happening [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>WE'll talk about it later, I'm guessing that with such a big fan, I will get it in no time LOL<P>Hugs to you<BR>Kat

S
S
Here is the bottom line. Forget the 162 game regular season, the wild card matchups, the ALCS, the NLCS, just get to the World Series. Cards vs Indians 6 games McGuire goes deep in the bottom of the eleventh at Busch to win the game and to take the Series, 4-2. Seems pretty cut and dried to me why bother playing the games. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

C
C
must be that mcdonalds thing...<P>BIG MAC makes me drool!!!<P>Those arms baybeeee!!!<P>MMMM MMMM MMMM MMM MMMMMMMM [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Go Cards!!

S
S
See what I have to deal with? Jeez. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

S
Sheba Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi All -<P>Well, last night's Yankee game was OK..<BR>definitely some carnival music playing for some of the happenings (or non-happenings, I should say!!) At least they won 3-2.....I think you're right WilliamJ - they'll be sluggish for a week or two. Are you a Yankees fan? And why don't you think that they will miss Sojo? I thought he was a pretty good filler.....You didn't? <P>Ok - tell me....who won the Cleveland/Baltimore game yesterday? I keep missing it on the news.....RWD?<BR>Score also please!!!!! And how strange was it to see Hargrove in an Oriole's uniform, eh?<P>Hey LoneStar - they finally said that Chad Curtis traded to Texas....where do they have him? Yay...your boys kicked some butt I see!!!! Glad Rogers pitched well and he even made some plays - woohoo!!!!!<P>Sorry that your Padres lost though Airheart.....it's only the first day - have some positive vibes for 'em, will ya!!!!! Hey, do you know if the Red Sox played? They are at Seattle aren't they? Didn't see anything on them either....if anyone knows - please fill me in.<P>Hopeful, well it seems Colorado lost - but from the bits I saw it was a good try.....Those Braves.....UGH!!!!<P>Peppermint....OK, I know a lot about baseball - even other team's players, but I am shamefaced to admit that from your post I don't know which team is your favorite, cuz I don't know which one those guys went to SD from....Braves or O's? So which is it? Thanks..I don't like being ignorant!!!! LOL!!!<P>Hugs and enjoy tonight's games!!!!<P>Sheba

S
Sheba Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Ooops.....forgot Sparkydog and Cat - sorry!!!!<P>Sooooo, let me guess.....St Louis fans perhaps!!!! LOL!!!<P>I think that ESN was more disappointed than the fans that McGuire sat yesterday!!!! Did you hear the announcers? I thought they were going to cry!!!! It was kinda funny!!!!<P>Oh and Sparkydog....you men have your kind of fantasy baseball and us women have ours!!!!! Right Cat? LOL!!!!<P>Hugs,<P>Sheba<P>Ps....enjoy the game tonight and I hope Mark plays...wouldn't want those announcers crying!!!! LOL!!!

H
H
Hey Sheba,<P>Our Rockies always seem to have a problem with those braves. Don't know why... They just do so ES and I expected them to lose.<P>Perpermint-So did I read your post right. The braves traded Ryan Klesko or is this another Ryan your talking about?

M
M
Ok, I'm not a big Major League fan but I'll have to agree on the Mark McGwire attitude here!!! YUMMY!<P>But I am a fan of Little League. My 10 yr old son is one mean first baseman and a power hitter!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] (yes I'm a proud mother!)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (SadNewYorker), 298 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation