Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#400094 01/25/00 05:28 PM
N
Nikole Offline OP
OP Offline
N
My H and I have been a couple for almost 7 years. During that time, (into the 2nd year) we had major troubles and he went and slept with a minor. Then, my first love popped back in and created more havoc. Then, we got married. He became an Internet junkie ignoring me and the kids. I finally had had enough so we seperated this past summer. The kids and I left the state for a while. We didn't know if we were still a couple or not. I wanted time to think. I wanted him to see how important our marriage was to me. I hoped he would see that I was serious about our family. Instead, he started a relationship with a woman from the Internet. He and I talked all summer with no word about her. The weekend I agreed to come home he went to see her. He told me when I returned about her but told me they had not slept together - he had slept on the couch during his visits to her. (She lived in another state). He promised to break off all contact with her, then I find her # on the cell phone. I called her to find out what was going on and she told me she was PREGNANT. It happened the weekend I agreed to come home. The same weekend he professed how much he missed me and loved me. <P>After several months of fighting back and forth with her because of comments made by her regarding his part in the child's life, he has broken off all contact. Yet, I am still faced with the question of whether or not he will run to another bed when things get rocky again. <P>I am from an old fashioned family. Marriage is sacred. Yes, I made a mistake almost 3 years ago. We were a couple at the time, but we weren't married. He broke our vows as soon only a few weeks after I left. I am trying to work through things and some aspects are better. Then again, there is still some major doubt about him. I saw letters he had written to her expressing undying love, moving the sun and the moon, and such. Things it took him longer then a few weeks to say to me. I don't know if I can be sure he is truly over her. <P>I just don't know. <P>Nikole

N
NSR Offline
N
Welcome <B>Nikole</B>...<P>I have a post of general welcome post I wish to share with you... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>It has a lot of quick links to many of the <B>most</B> important MB sites...<BR>Click here ==> <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000002.html" TARGET=_blank>General Welcome for All New Builders(Newbies)</A><P>There is just bit of confusion here at the forum... last week the "main" forum was divided into 4 separate "sub" forums...<BR>Staying in the <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/marriage/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=General+Questions&number=28&DaysPrune=10&LastLogin=" TARGET=_blank>General Questions</A> forum will give you the most responses! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>About your specifics...<BR>You are not alone in a situation where there is an Other Child(OC)... there are several here... unfortunately...<P>Do post and ask questions specific to the OC if that is your current concern. From a different perspective check out...<A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi5063a_qa.html" TARGET=_blank>What to Do When You (or Your Spouse) Becomes Pregnant with a Lover's Child</A><P>Welcome again... please do post! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

P
P
Dear Nikole, Just a word from the wise who has been there....My husband had a child by his OW. That child is legally entitled to child support. The child is also legally entitled in Florida to equal access to his estate if he dies. She's equal to my three children. Just to let you know. Just because he broke it off, doesn't mean he's financially off the hook.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ian T), 1,152 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation