Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
today Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Dear hearts (this is my personal idea of the most respectful and kind greeting I know which is what I wish to convey),<P>Greeting from the recovery section (where I hang out)! Someone suggested that I post this info here but first must say a few words: Can't begin to express how sorry I am that any one needs to be here. You are embarking on one of the most challenging journeys of your life, especially if you decide to do your best to put your marriages back together. If you have children, a one time deep love for each other, or even if you just want to feel the best about yourself you can, I hope that you will give it your best. These are very hard days. I won't lie, there will be more hard days ahead. The most important advise I can give you is to love yourself in the most healthy way you can figure out right now. Do anything that might help (but nothing that would be self destructive) see if it does, and keep doing it if it helps. Know that what helps today will be different than what may help tomorrow.<P>OK enough of the soap box. What I came to post is:<P>This article was very helpful to me, hope it helps you too: <A HREF="http://www.smartmarriages.com/glass.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.smartmarriages.com/glass.html</A>

A
A
Thanks a lot, today!<BR>It is a great article. I printed out and read it. I'm going to bring it to my counselor. Everything makes sense. Understanding the facts and the truth make my head clear, which I really need right now.

M
mar Offline
M
You are right - I wish I didn't need to be here. I have a question and I hope I am posting it at the proper place. I had an affair - It has been over for a year. Neither of us has informed our spouse of the affair. In order for recovery - is this something I need to do?<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by today:<BR><B>Dear hearts (this is my personal idea of the most respectful and kind greeting I know which is what I wish to convey),<P>Greeting from the recovery section (where I hang out)! Someone suggested that I post this info here but first must say a few words: Can't begin to express how sorry I am that any one needs to be here. You are embarking on one of the most challenging journeys of your life, especially if you decide to do your best to put your marriages back together. If you have children, a one time deep love for each other, or even if you just want to feel the best about yourself you can, I hope that you will give it your best. These are very hard days. I won't lie, there will be more hard days ahead. The most important advise I can give you is to love yourself in the most healthy way you can figure out right now. Do anything that might help (but nothing that would be self destructive) see if it does, and keep doing it if it helps. Know that what helps today will be different than what may help tomorrow.<P>OK enough of the soap box. What I came to post is:<P>This article was very helpful to me, hope it helps you too: <A HREF="http://www.smartmarriages.com/glass.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.smartmarriages.com/glass.html</A> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

C
C
mar,<P>you should post this as a new topic so that people can respond to you. maybe under general questions. Dr. Harley does advocate telling the truth, by the way.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 457 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation