Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#406990 06/28/01 12:36 AM
A
Austin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
See my earlier post LOST LOVE. My wife is still in contact and meting OM. She denies anything is going on they are just friends. I tapped the phone and have tapes of her discussing her relationship w/OM with her friends. She also admits to doing it with OM. She talks about how they are in love. I told her Im not a fool and know whats going on. She denies it to the hilt and says shes not F*****G anyone else. She says Im crazy and its all in my mind and shes sick of it. My question is should I confront her with the tapes????

#406991 06/27/01 01:20 PM
D
D
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Austin:<BR><B>My question is should I confront her with the tapes????</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Yeah!<P>

#406992 06/27/01 01:33 PM
S
S
The same thing happened to me. After hearing all of her denials I put a cassette tape of recorded phone conversations in her car's tape deck, set to play with her talking about the great sex that they had...and said nothing more. I only wish I could have seen the look on her face as she heard her own voice as she drove to work. Bye the way, I am very happy and have just remarried to a wonderful woman.

#406993 06/27/01 03:42 PM
F
F
Ditto to Dogbert....I never thought I would say that [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#406994 06/27/01 04:25 PM
D
D
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by freddyb:<BR><B>Ditto to Dogbert....I never thought I would say that [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Don't refuse the light. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#406995 06/27/01 11:22 PM
C
C
<B>My question, should I confront her with tapes???</B><BR>Wanna go to jail? Taping conversations you are not part of is illegal in all states.<P>Also, if you tell her about it, she will simply find other ways & be more secretive.<P>You can tell her you know she is having an affair. She will deny it, but just leave it there. Don’t try to sway her to confessing. You could play her the tapes & she would STILL deny it saying something like, “I knew you were taping & I was teaching you a lesson.”<P><P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>Marriage & Relationship Resources</A>

#406996 06/28/01 12:55 AM
Z
Z
Ok so making tapes of a conversation you are not part of is illegal.

That said make a copy of a short bit of the most incriminating part of the tapes. Play that for her. Keep the originals in a safe deposit box or some other place.

Or, make a transcript of that portion of the tape and let her read it. Tell you you have more.. maybe hours of it.

It's is almost best to let her know that you have concrete proof but not to let her know how much you have.

<small>[ June 04, 2003, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: Eleonora ]</small>

#406997 06/28/01 01:19 AM
C
C
Your wife sounds as deep in the denial heap as my husband did when I was asking the same questions you are. They actually believe we are stupid and can be convinced we're the irrational one. He called me crazy, threaten to divorce me for being a nut case and called me some reallly terrific names. He came close to convincing me I was the nut case, I didn't have hard proof of anything until two weeks ago. A private investigator investigating the woman my husband had had the affair with had tapes and phone records and the whole 9 yards. When I confronted him he exploded, denied everything, threw me into a wall and onto the floor, broke whatever was handy, put his fist through a rocking chair. The kids and I left, he said he wouldn't be here when I came back. He was, calmed down and admitted it all. I'm new at this but I say confront her but BE CAREFUL. It will eat you up inside if you don't, and you can't go to jail for tapping your own phones, you just can't use them in court proceedings. I agree, keep a set safe in a safety deposit box or with a trusted family member or freind, if for no other reason but for you to listen to whenever you doubt yourself and what you know to be true. Good luck, my prayers are with you

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ian T), 1,173 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation