Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
I have always been a big "song guy". Don't laugh, I just love music. This is one of the songs that Nicole asked me to listen to shortly after I told her about Chrissie and I. If you are a betrayed wife...this may be a real painful one to listen to. If you are a betraying husband...this is going to sting a lot, but I think you guys should hear it. I will not type the words to the song, because I have always felt that you lose too much in just reading lyrics without music. So all I can recommend is that you buy it if you can. That's all. C-YA around.<P>Once again..the song is "You were mine" by the Dixie Chicks.<p>[This message has been edited by Being a better Arik (edited December 16, 1999).]

F
F
that is a great song....i have kinds of a funny story....after my husband told me what was up we were driving in the car and that song came on the radio and he turned it off....I still dont know if he will listen to it.....thaer are a few more good ones...another by the chicks....it is called "without you"(I think)....it is on their new cd called "fly".....there are a couple good ones by shadaisy........ My husband has always been a talker through music....I am in the process of making him a tape of songs that tell him how i feel.....sometimes music speaks louder than normal words...<P>amanda [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>I will love my husband "Always & Forever"<BR>

N
N
My daughter started listening to country music a month or so before my H left, and that song was on all the time. It was months before I could listen to it without crying. Another one from the same CD that is hard to listen to without crying is "Am I the Only One (Who's ever felt this way).

S
S
went to their site, can't afford a CD, read other lyrics from their first album.....geez.....somebody got cheated on in that group!!<P>other tracks that should be listened to:<P>never say die<P>Let 'er rip<P>once you've loved somebody<P>I can love you better<P>and my personal favorite song title:<P>give it up or let me go.<P><BR>i still am not in a head space where I can listen to these types of songs.....<BR>the OW in our case suggested in an e-mail to H, that he buy the new Amanda Marshall CD...said it was good therapy and really helping her...so of course, I bought it, (I wanted to know EVERYTHING this woman was thinking, experiencing etc..) whew!!!! horrible, all about how she will wait until the wife gives him up, and how perfect everything would be.....the music wasn't any good either...<P>do you ever want to rip the radio from the plug?<P>Dylan

R
R
Arik,<P>I don't believe I have heard this song, but after I get back from Louissiana, I will try to make sure I hear it.<P>Just wanted to say "Hi!" and tell you I am glad you are STILL here!!!!<P>Still praying for you.....<P>Roll Me Away<P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Davy<BR>

M
M
Arik,<BR>I listen to that song a LOT. Makes me soooo sad. I really want to send H the lyrics to it, but agree, it loses a lot without the music.<P>I have gotten so sick in the head that the part where she says "He's 2 and she's 4..." I sing along only changing it to "He's 15 and she's 5..." Such a romantic I am [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Glad to see you still posting some. Maybe we can chat soon, haven't seen you on lately. But I haven't been on much since I am working again. Maybe tonight or tomorrow. I'm off for 2 days. Birthday party tomorrow from 2:30 to 5:30, I will need to get away from my life for a while in the evening. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR>God Bless you and yours,<P>Sheryl W.<P>www.widesmiles.org/gallery/britanie<BR>

F
F
another good one is on the new alan jackson cd I think it is called "sence you've had the best" and one by mark wills and brian mcknight called "starting with one" I think...it is on the radio currently.......I have a tone more and will put them on if anyone is interested...<P>amanda<P>------------------<BR>:) I will love my husband "Always & Forever" :)<P>

V
V
I can't even count how many times I have listened to that song. Touches the heart, tells the truth. It's wonderful. You are right though, it does hurt a little to listen to the first hundred times of so.<BR>Viki

N
N
Arik,<P>Why don't you skip back 2 songs and listen to "If You Could See Me Now"...that song tore my wife up when she heard it. She is the betrayer and It speaks about what betrayers think they want and the end result of seeing what they left and went to.<P>My wife had been home for 2mos and we were on our way to an anniversary dinner when she heard it. She was putting on makeup in the car and I was talking over the music. When I turned to her there were tears in her eyes and I asked if she had poked herself. She said "no, but this song is making my cry". It was actually a happy cry because she said that she would have been feeling the same way.<P>There is one line that says" Looking back and longing for the freedom of my chains".<P>I think that says it all. Please listen.

H
H
I actually posted about the same song after my affair...it really got to me. Helps you to see the other side!<P>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 671 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation