Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum
This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at
mbrestored@gmail.com
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1 |
Lets just say I was planning to Marrige to my significant other so I moved away to make a better life for Me and our kids. We kept in contact each and every day. We still visited each other from time to time. I finaly found a House and a Job and was in a position to move them. The house thing was BIG. I really needed her to work to pay some of the smaller bills. She agreed to this prior to me moving them here. She came and it took her a month to find work. In the mean time I took care of all the bills and everthing else. Three months went by and out of no where she decides she needs to go back home for a "little while" because she misses her family. At first I was very upset at the entire Idea. "You are going to quit your job and leave me to pay all these bills by my self" she insisted she would pay her half and be back in a month and try to make fresh start. A month went by then two than three. I continued to keep in contact. Finally she drops a bomb on me stating she was unhappy and she is not coming back any time soon. I was very upset but continued to try and go on. I even went and visited for Thanksgiving. She didn't seem all that excited to see me. I returned home Dec 1st. January comes around and on one Sunday morning while talking on the phone with her (Mid JAN) she drops the ultimate bomb on me. She states "I know you are going to be upset with what I am going to tell you" I say what? She cont. "I have been sleeping around on you latly and I fell bad". My entire world was crushed. She told me who and that was even more disturbing. She states it was a mistake. She states she was out drinking and this so called male friend of hers asked her about sex. She states she wanted to have sex and under the influenced of the alcohol and because she was very lonely she did it. She states "I am sorry it was nothing planned". I asked how many times did this happen and she states "three times but I ahve told him I could not do this any more". She then states " I feel really bad which is why I am telling you". All the time I am saying if you really love me you couldn't possibly do something like this to me. She states, "I have needs and I no you do too and I wouldn't be mad at you for cheating on me under the circumstances of me leaving". I explain to her I have not cheated all though there has been temptaion but i didn't and thats why it hurts so much. She then states she loves me and wants me to come home. I state I can't do that. I am trying to make a better life here for the kids and you. Going back would mean failure That I just can not live with. If you truly love somone you are understanding to each and every goal they set in life and will be behicnd them to the end. To make a long story short. I am contemplating can our relationship still go on. We have been together for 7 years have 2 Kids I really want to be with her but the hurt raises too many questions. I dont see her true love for me the way I love her....HELP
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069 |
Welcome to MB. It's a good place to be. Sorry you are going through this.
It is better for your relationship that she was honest with you. Many are found out, and continue to lie. So that is a good start.
Read all of the information here about relationships. It is really helpful. Right now don't make any major decisions - this is too new for you. Keep reading and posting and we will help you get through.
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
301
guests, and
41
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
| |
Most Online9,682 May 13th, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|