Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
S
Hi ginger.....

Perhaps it's time to bring this one back.

We've been worring about SAB, but you have days too.

How are the days going?

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
S
SAB Offline
S
I worry too...

G
OP Offline
G
LOL
What a surprise to see this.
I am doing ok right now,content you might say.Still very undecided what to do but not feeling anxious about it.

I saw my H the other day,later when he got home he called me told me he told the guy he works for(his 2nd job)"I want my wife back".I guess I was right when I said I thought he was beginning to see "ME" for the first time.

BS(me)44
WS-45
married-28yrs
2 boys-27,19
2 girls-23,16
D-day-12/07/2002
S
S
Wanting is first, planning is next, doing is last. Hope he gets to that last one.

Thought I would bump this up, We can all use it if the other thread comes up missing.

Still hoping they get it, before it's too late.

For SAB's H, it may be too late already.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
G
OP Offline
G
You are so right SS.

I guess my BIG question is this..........what makes some of us hang on,even with all the pain and hurt we hang in there waiting hoping,yet others can let go,move forward,even love again.Why is this??

Why have I not been able to totally move forward?? Why am I still stuck?? Seems I take a small step forward and then I take a few steps back.

BS(me)44
WS-45
married-28yrs
2 boys-27,19
2 girls-23,16
D-day-12/07/2002
S
SAB Offline
S
I second this. Just stopped by to see how you're doing...How do you REALLY see your relationship? What scares you? Do you still have hope?

Everyone, please email me when you have a chance.

S
S
Hi Ginger,
Another weekend past, and it's gotten really hot where you are. (My son called me for Fathers day, and he said it is - so that's how I know.)

I guess my BIG question is this..........what makes some of us hang on,even with all the pain and hurt we hang in there waiting hoping,yet others can let go,move forward,even love again. Why is this??

I think you'll know if it's time to stop trying. I still think it's good that you make every effort. If you do let go, and make a D final, you will know you did your best, and that is always the best way to do this.

Why have I not been able to totally move forward?? Why am I still stuck?? Seems I take a small step forward and then I take a few steps back.

Remember you have choices.

I am sure money plays a part. Fear of not making it is always on our minds. What will we do, how will we make it?

Also - will anyone ever love me?

One of your questions is probably "what should I do now?"
Or "what is next?"

I wish I had answers for you. You still don't know if he will get it, or if he never will quite understand and give what is needed.

You say the days are getting better overall, I hope that continues.

Don't wilt going two and from work.

SS

A
A
Hi SAB!

Hope you are doing OK?

You too SS.

And Gin... I AM SOOO HAPPY! I will call you later!

Ali~

Been there and done with it!

BS-me 35
WS 38
suspicions 11/02
True D-day 3-24-2003

It's your life, you choose how you live it!
A
A
BTW,

Ginger, is the most beautiful person inside and out! She is a hottie!!

Ali~

Been there and done with it!

BS-me 35
WS 38
suspicions 11/02
True D-day 3-24-2003

It's your life, you choose how you live it!
G
OP Offline
G
LOL Ali you are way too funny.

SS,,,,,,,,I will try and stay cool!!! Somedays thats not so easy here,but hey it could be worse at least I dont have to shovel 6ft of snow in below zero temps..LOL

As for my situation right now.........not much change my H is beginning to see his mistakes,he made the comment to me just this morning that he hates that I am moving on in life and that he is not a part of it.I told him that the reason we are where we are right now is due to HIS choices not mine.I told him that including the time he was in the A,and totally blocked me out of his life that he has wasted away over 3yrs of time that we can never get back.

Will I ever be able to love another,or believe someone could love me?? I have learned that there are pleanty of people out there to love you,but are they the right one??

How do you know who to take a chance on?? This is something I have not learned.
At this point in my life I truly do not know if I could ever see myself with anyone else,is this a normal feeling??

So for today I am ok,thanks for caring!!!!!!!!

BS(me)44
WS-45
married-28yrs
2 boys-27,19
2 girls-23,16
D-day-12/07/2002
S
S
Ali,
Tell us why you are so happy. You can't just announce it, and then leave.

(Big grin.)

SS

S
S
Ginger, I'm going to Girls camp with W and daughters. May not be back online until the 29th. May get time tonight if I get packed up soon enough.

SS

G
OP Offline
G
Have fun at camp.Will look for you then.

BS(me)44
WS-45
married-28yrs
2 boys-27,19
2 girls-23,16
D-day-12/07/2002
S
S
hi Ginger,
What's the latest from your H?

He figure it out yet?

SS

S
SwH Offline
S
Hi Ging,

If I have time I will call you tonight - ok - or IM you

S-
Me 55
WS 48
2 boys
1 girl
S
S
Hope you are having fun.

Making 10,000 a day on the stock market.

Getting along well with your maids.

Not going so far out in your swiming pool that you can't get back before dark.

Not getting too many speeding tickets in that Ferrari.

Just checking.

SS

G
OP Offline
G
Not doing so well on the stock market,had to fire all the maids,the pool got a whole in it I had to throw it away,and I blew the engine on my Ferrari.....LOL

But other than that I think Im doing good,having fun and laughing a little.

No my H does not get it,he never will the question is when will "I" get it and just let go and move on???

But till then I will try and enjoy life,struggle thru the down times,pick myself back up and go forward the best I can.....

Thanks for checking.

Sue........call me,I need and update!!!!!!!!

BS(me)44
WS-45
married-28yrs
2 boys-27,19
2 girls-23,16
D-day-12/07/2002
S
S
Too bad about the engine - I understand those are expensive to fix.

I hear you about the help too, I understand it's hard to get good help these days.

If you get down on your luck, you can always sell your life story to Hollywood, it's far more interresting than much of what is coming out these days.

How about a real update.
School plans
What H says when he comes to visit
How Son is doing -
how Daughters are doing,
Grand Kids
Your job - I bet you worked the weekend.
And, like that. Some of us do care, in case you didn't know.

SS

G
OP Offline
G
How am I??
I am ok.I am ready to start school in Aug.
My son is ok,,,,,,,,moved the girl friend in(or should i say mother of his baby)this was a very bad move.
My girls are doing fine,my SIL was accepted to pharmacy school and starts the beginning of Aug.we are all so proud of him and happy for both of them.
My oldest son is doing well.
All grandkids are great!!
Job is good,and I only had to work sunday of the long weekend had the 4th off and had a great day!!
As for H,,,,,,,not much change there.He says the same things over and over but no action,only time will tell.

Thanks for caring!!

BS(me)44
WS-45
married-28yrs
2 boys-27,19
2 girls-23,16
D-day-12/07/2002
S
S
How am I??
I am ok.I am ready to start school in Aug.

Are you excited, or scared, or both?
Taking what you had planned, or have you decided to go to medical school?
Well, you could. You are smart enough.

My son is ok,,,,,,,,moved the girl friend in(or should i say mother of his baby)this was a very bad move.

Is he there in the big city too? I think once you didn't want to see him because it was too hard to cope with. I was thinking about that, and wondering if he was doing better, enough that you can have good times with him. Sorry about the continued bad parts.

My girls are doing fine,my SIL was accepted to pharmacy school and starts the beginning of Aug.we are all so proud of him and happy for both of them.

That is great !
Except for being in the poor house while he is in school.

My oldest son is doing well.

OK, I can only remember one son. Somewhere I got lost. Tell me about both of them, so I can keep them straight. (that is, if you don't mind.)

All grandkids are great!!
Yes, much more fun than kids. You send them home at night, and let their parents worry about them. At least, most of the time. You can laugh at more things they do too, because it's those "rotten" kids that get to deal with it. What an education. Of course, I tease, but it is fun.

Job is good,and I only had to work sunday of the long weekend had the 4th off and had a great day!!

You should have had a great day, great people always should, especially on holidays.

As for H,,,,,,,not much change there. He says the same things over and over but no action,only time will tell.

So, are you still doing family things? Dinners on holidays, and stuff like that?

To be blunt, I am thinking about your dreams. I know what you want, and what you should have. Just wondering if you have any of it, at least in part. When you moved, you seemed so lonely, and you are doing better now. Lots better.

It's just that we want you to be happy long term, and have your dreams come true. School will help, I am sure, but there are lots more. You do seem to be looking out more, making plans, and following through. All of this is good. Do you feel like you are you getting there?

Thanks for caring!!
That part is easy. You are "good people", I hope you know that.

SS

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (Blackhawk, 1 invisible), 441 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation