Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#460746 01/22/02 03:05 PM
G
OP Offline
G
An update for the group. WS came over Sunday night and we cooked dinner together. She had told me earlier in the week she was wanted to move back home in two weeks. At first, she said her excitement wasn't as high as she wished.<p>Sunday, she had some great ideas about the house, about counseling, etc that made me feel as though she was getting a little more excited about it. She said she was anxious to start, but realized it was going to be a lot of work.<p>She's almost finished SAA and has finished both questionaires, which we are going to go over between us. We may schedule one telephone session with Dr. Harley, but ultimately are trying to find a local counselor that subscribes to the MB concepts.<p>In the past few days, she's been great. Her kisses have been unforced, her demeanor has been better and overall I'm actually seeing her in a light that I haven't in a long time. She let me know that OM called over the weekend, though didn't leave a message. I think she's been honest about it the past few weeks, telling me when he's called. She knows that ultimately, that if he continues anymore attempts at contact, she'll have to send no-contact letter.<p>So, I'm optimistic. Not doing the happy dance quite yet, but nonetheless am excited that I didn't have to resort to Plan B. I was at the absolute edge, ready to if she was going to waffle. I'm in the process of planning a get away to Mexico for the two of us that I think will do wonders for us. <p>I'm still praying daily for my marriage and everyone elses--<p>We are looking at this as a "starting over" per se, which is if you think about it.<p>God bless,<p>Guido

#460747 01/22/02 03:35 PM
R
R
[img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] . It pays off. Keep us updated once in a while and help around newbie if you can.

#460748 01/22/02 05:19 PM
O
O
Hi G,<p>What good news. Slo and steady though. K? It is good to know that she is making an effort also. <p>You have put a smile on my face today. Pretty good since I have the flu and don't really feel like smilin'. LOL!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Take Care,
L.

#460749 01/22/02 09:20 PM
S
S
Good Luck. I am so happy for you. Take it slow and easy. Keep in touch. Don't forget everything you have read.

#460750 01/22/02 10:49 PM
T
T
Great to hear !!!!!. Keep up the good work, and God bless.

#460751 01/23/02 12:32 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks everyone for the support!! I plan on staying around for awhile, as this is hardly over yet. <p>Orchid--Yes, I will take it slowly, as extremely difficult as that is for me. I realize that is necessary to have gradual changes. I think that she will be more willing to give me feedback and vice versa this time around. Also, you need to get yourself a flu shot next year and you won't have those nasty problems. I call on docs, I suppose that makes me an expert [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Redhat--you da man. You've been the rock--keep it up. Hopefully, your WS will see what she's got to lose. I appreciate the quick responses you've given, especially in times of crisis.<p>Everyone else--thanks much for support, help, listening to me whine and complain etc.<p>I truly hope that my updates will be positive and great, as opposed to telling about Plan B or Plan D. I've certainly given it 110%.<p>God bless,<p>Guido [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img]

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 309 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation