Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum
This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at
mbrestored@gmail.com
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 3
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 3 |
Hi, I have been on both sides of the fence. I was the spouse of a cheater, got divorced, and then I found myself in the role of the other woman. Now, I am not either, the spouse of the cheater, or the other woman. I was deceived, was lead to believe that the man that I was seeing was 100% available.
I have been there and done that. Both sides of the fence. I am here because I would like to help. You can all either aske me questions that might help you, or you can blast me. I can take whatever you all want to dish out. I have learned from my mistakes, and my tears, maybe I can help someone here understand what they are going through. Thank you.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 77
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 77 |
BS welcome to MBs. Sorry you went through so much pain. Your post hints that you were the OW but that you were the last person to find out you were is that correct? If it is it must have felt like being the BS again. NS <small>[ January 23, 2003, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Newsunrise ]</small>
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 3
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 3 |
Thank you for your welcome, I am over my pain now and have moved on with my life. I would just like to help others.
Yes, you are right, I was the last to know that the man that I was seeing after my divorce was living with somebody. He justified it by the fact that he was only living with somebody, and not married to her. I felt just like a BS again and he made it very hard for me to end our so called relationship that to me was started on deceit.
I worked with the man and I still do. He is still not happy in his relationship with his live-in, he still tells me the same things that he did before, only I have moved on, and he hasn't. I am engaged and am living with my fiance. My x-unavailable man knows this and tells me on a daily basis that my fiance is not right for me. I ask him who is and he replies that he is. I tell him that if he was the right one for me, then he would have ended one relationship before he tried to start one with me. My fiance can at least give me the security of me knowing that I am the only one and not one of two. My fiance loves me and only me and I don't have to share him with anybody. That makes him right for me.
Thank you for listening
BS
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 24
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 24 |
Both Sides
Why did you D WS rather than try to save M? When, or what, made you realize it was the right move for you? I'm curious b/c I'm there now. Thanks
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
291
guests, and
28
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
| |
Most Online9,682 May 13th, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|