Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#53048 01/18/00 12:03 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Hey Gang,<P>I was playing ambulance yesterday. We had our butts handed to us in a sling. I had a severe case of flat a$$ syndrome from sitting in the drivers seat all day and night.<P>But, on to the point. We were coming back from a Philly hospital heading to the next pick up and I cut through town to gain some time. We were two cars behind one that looked like Vals buggy. Lately I see cars like that all over, go figure. Vehicle in front turns and I notice it is her. She turns into a shopping mall and I just drive past with an uneasy feeling in the gut. I haven't heard from her since last Thursday when I gave her the letter and card. I thought that WAS my reply.<P>We are almost to the next pick up and the truck cell phone rings. My partner picks it and says I think it's for you. Sure enough it's Val all happy and bubbly. She says I just noticed you were behind me and where are you going. Told her our desination and she said wait outside for a minute. I parked the truck at the ER and she was already there.<P>She was all smiles wondered how I was, how's my son doing in college, when does he go back, stuff like that. I asked if she read the letter and card and what she thought. Her reply was that she doesn't know how to take me sometimes. I said take me as your H that wants to show the woman I married that I love her and can treat her very well. She gets teary eyed and sees my wedding ring asking why do you still have that on? Because I am still married and commited to the relationship. I asked if we could get together and talk. She has classes M, T and W. She said TH or F. I got TWO nice kisses and a very sincere I love you.<P>Now, lets see if she calls and wants to meet and how well it goes.<P>I can still see the love in her baby blues. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] How could she not know it was me behind her? Not many cool people drive a big chartreuse vehicle with red lights and a hood that says "ECNALUBMA".<BR><P>------------------<BR>"It's not over till we say it's over! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? H*ll no!" Blutto...Animal House 1984<P>Wishing us all the Best.<P>Medic<P>

#53049 01/18/00 12:18 PM
N
NSR Offline
N
Tim,<P>I'm all smiles today... (with your good news)<P>I'm hoping for the best for you...<P>You're another one of those one-in-million men...<P>Praying for you all the time!<P>Jim

#53050 01/18/00 12:44 PM
P
P
All smiles here [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#53051 01/18/00 12:45 PM
F
F
congrats.....best of luck<P>amanda<P>------------------<BR>I will love my husband "Always & Forever" <P>thevancefamily@hotmail.com

#53052 01/19/00 01:13 AM
C
C
WOOOHOOO!!!!<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>VERY HAPPY FOR YA BOTH

#53053 01/19/00 01:13 AM
Y
Y
Medic,<BR>While you are the one taking all of the great first steps, just remember, if she doesn't call--call her [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#53054 01/18/00 02:24 PM
R
R
Tim,<P>I am so HAPPY for ya!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I am also pea green with jealousy, too!!!!<P>Desiree<P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Davy<BR>

#53055 01/18/00 02:29 PM
W
W
Medic,<P>I got butterflies in my stomache for ya...<P>Sounds as if things are moving in the right direction...<P>Hang in there man..<P>Keep your sense of humor my frind...<P>I had to hold a mirror up to my monitor to read...ECNALUBMA...AMBULANCE...<P>I'm gettin smarter and smarter each day..<P>B<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR><p>[This message has been edited by WilliamJ (edited January 18, 2000).]

#53056 01/18/00 02:41 PM
P
P
Is that what that was?!!! I thought it was vandelism or something! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Chartreuse though? UGLY!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<p>[This message has been edited by Paul Moyers (edited January 18, 2000).]

#53057 01/18/00 03:10 PM
F
F
Hi Medic,<P>I'm fairly new here but I have been following your story. I just wanted to wish you the best of luck with these new developments! <P>And yes I got the backwards message!<P>falsely accused

#53058 01/18/00 04:18 PM
S
S
How could she not love you [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I bet it is hard to resist that quick wit of yours [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Great job!!!

#53059 01/18/00 04:54 PM
S
SDS Offline
S
Tim, That really sounds good. She didn't have to call you. She knew what shewas doing. Sounds to me she is interested but remember take it slow and baby steps.<P>{{{HUGS)))<P>------------------<BR>di<P>

#53060 01/18/00 06:11 PM
L
L
Yayyyy Medic.<P>Sure sounds good to me! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Lori

#53061 01/18/00 07:39 PM
Y
Y
Medic, <BR>We all have been watching for your post. Good for you and our prayers are with you. By the way what brand of ambulance were you driving? I used to work at an ambulance factory maybe I worked on that very ambulance right her in the middle of Kansas.<BR>Greg

#53062 01/18/00 08:13 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Hey Guys,<P>You could have knocked me over with a feather after she left the ER parking lot. I figured that since I didn't hear from her at all from last week, it was stick a fork in me, wer'e done.<P>Jim, Thanks for your Prayers and good wishes. Our time will come.<P>Paul, "The SandMan" [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] You slay me!<P>Covenant, Thanks Buddy<P>Derby, You bet that if I don't hear from her I certainly will call. I really believe that she will. I have not seen her that happy to see me in quite a while. Well, it's either that or she had a really good time in class.<P>Desiree, Don't turn green yet. When she says yes to renewing our vows this July, THEN HULK OUT! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Bill, You would be surprised how many prople ask why it is backward on the hood. I tell them it's that way so we can read it from the inside of the truck. They walk away happy to know the answer. Alrighty then.<P>Paul, our trucks are the same color as the little icon guy who sticks his tongue out with white stripes. You can see us coming a mile away.<P>Falsely, Thanks for your kind wishes.<P>Susan, You are making me blush. Behave!<P>Di, I was really shocked at the call, kisses and brief but loving visit. You might say even defibrillated.<P>Lori, Baby steps will get me where I want to go. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><BR>Just those few short minutes with her last night put the biggest smile on my face. I am moving forward with cautious optmism.<P>Will Val call and meet with Tim later this week? Can she come out of her fantasyland? Is that Brians car that just slide under a gas truck and tastes his own blood. [Sorry] <P>Stay tuned! Same Medic time! Same Medic channel! <P>I need to get some sleep, Really thanks guys for all your Prayers and best wishes.<P>Tim<BR>

#53063 01/18/00 08:18 PM
A
A
Medic,<P>Sounds great! Keep up the good work!<P>Ad

#53064 01/18/00 08:23 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Whoops,<P>Sorry Greg,<P>Didn't mean to leave you out there Bud. We have two Brauns. I was used to my volunteer squads Hortons when I started out 21 years ago. When I first saw the slant sides I thought the were the ugliest trucks around. Yep, they are so ugly I now own two. They move in and out of traffic nice. Sweet truck. <P>It's amazing how quick cars get out of your way when they see a big yellow truck head on in their lane of traffic. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Hey, we gotta have fun too!<P>Zippy the Pinhead.<BR>

#53065 01/18/00 08:39 PM
S
S
Medic,<P>All I can say is that I am so happy for you and keep up the good work. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Yeah!<P>------------------<BR>God bless you and all of us.<P>Samantha<P>

#53066 01/18/00 09:27 PM
R
R
Hey, Zippy,<P>Have you finished addressing the invitations, yet????? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Desiree<P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Davy<BR>

#53067 01/18/00 09:53 PM
W
W
You should have invitations in your stationary file.<P>You have my address.<P>B<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation