Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Bill Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Terri,<br>I have discussed this with my wife. But, she says that she has been doing that for so long that the mere "act" of showing love does not do anything. She needs to "feel" it.<br>Monday night we had a heartfelt talk. Yesterday was really bad for me. I pushed her for things she is not ready for. And I knew it. I said some things that hurt both of us. Why? Because I didn't want to be the one to get stepped on this time. I didn't trust her that she wouldn't bite back. Take back her "I Love You", again. So, I did. I realized what was going on last night. So, we talked again. I apologized for doing what I complained about for the past 5 months. <br>She said not to worry, we will work through this too. <br>Baby steps.<p>Maria,<br>If you can "act" it, do so. Give him anything you can. Whatever you can. He is a drowning man looking for a rope. I am sorry that you feel that your marriage is so hopeless. It is something that my wife kept saying for the past few months. Now, at least, she sees hope and possibilities.<br>Just by your being here, in this forum, means that you want to do something to make it work. And, that somewhere inside, you do have hope.<p>Let's look to the new year for new beginnings.<br>Happy New Year.

M
M
To a good New Year! Cheers!<p>And here's to just plain trying hard, too.<p>But it really is hard when I just do not want to touch him or have him touch me. I am partially afraid that if I touch him, he will want to progress to another level of intimacy that I know I do not want. <p>I will try......just for yall. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

B
Bill Offline OP
OP Offline
B
It looks like my wife has gone into her depression again. Yesterday she spent the whole day in bed. She must have made dinner, because it was waiting for me to be re-heated. Today, when I called from work, she said she was still in bed, but planned to go out. I don't think she will be getting out of bed, again.<br>This past weekend, she was having chest pains and anxiety attacks. It does not sound good.<br>(She still refuses to take any medications).<br>Tomorrow is her appointment with her therapist. Hopefully, she will go.

S
S
Bill,<p>(((((HUGS))))). Hang in there. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<p>Steph

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 188 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation