Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,172
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,172
Okay, I've been giving stbx all the space he had wanted. Haven't been calling and only e-mailing him in dire need and with a very detached tone.<BR> Yesterday I had a friend call his voice mail and leave a message telling him to please respond to his e-mail. He can see what number called in last and within one second(not an exaggeration) of her hanging up the phone he calls back. Asks three or four times if it's all right for him to call back later that night. Gets a very cold "do whatever you want to do" from my friend(I refuse to talk to him) My friend goes out and I put the answering machine on lest he call. He does, five times. He doesn't get anyone. <BR> This morning I check my e-mail and there's not one, not two, but six messages. All of them ending with sweetness and light. <BR> What the hell does this man want or expect from me? I left like he wanted, moved my things out, like he wanted, don't call, like he wanted. Now he seems like he's in a panic to maintain contact. <BR> I don't get it. He wanted the divorce. He told me to leave. He had the affair and wanted OW so badly he threw it all away. Am I supposed to just call him up and tell him how much I miss him and love him now? I'm not sure that I can do that anymore. Maybe a couple of weeks ago, yes. But my feelings are changing rapidly. This is so frustrating, I'm not even going to answer this latest barrage of attention seeking.

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 271
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 271
I think this sounds good but I am no expert in Plan B. You really need to think about what you want and what your purpose of doing all this was for. To get him back. <P>Maybe more experienced persons can give bette advice. I would like to be in your position.<P>Hopelessmom

Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
I've been divorced for over 2 years. X has remarried. And he still treats me weirdly. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I don't know it they ever figure out what they want. Except mine would like for me to get out of his life. But, if I do that, his children are going with me. I think some WSs are just sick puppies who don't own mirrors and, therefore, they can't see themselves as they really are. Mine is a puzzle to me.

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,454
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,454
Plan B means no contact until he is ready to take action on repairing your marriage.<P>I think you shouldn't respond.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 17,837
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 17,837
As long as they are in the fog. NO. <P>L.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 448
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 448
I too, wish I was in your position. I agree with hopelessmom, in doing what you want.<P>It looks like you shouldn't respond.<P>Please keep us posted!<BR>Petrie

Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 5,924
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 5,924
Plan B, means no contact UNTIL he wants to comply with your needs on how to come back to the negotiation table of POJA. He must mumble certain words before you consider sitting down with a harley counselor.<P>have you told him this in writing? has he mumbled the correct words?

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,172
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,172
Nope. All along he has maintained that all he wants is a divorce. No move to get papers or a legal seperation but he wants a divorce, period. Actions speak louder than words and I have a feeling he may be changing his mind soon(my other post explains) I myself have not said anything to sway him, I backed off, took all the pressure off of him and am sitting back watching the incoming storm.<BR>At this point I'm not one hundred percent sure I want him back, not after the way he's acted through it all. I have seen no remorse or move towards reconcilliation. It's all on his shoulders, after all he wanted it that way.

Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 5,924
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 5,924
The only point i am trying to make, is to make sure that he KNOWS that the door is still open with you IF he wants to do what you require to reconcile.<P>And he can't hear words, didn't you know that fog deafens one as well as blinds one? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>now, since you really hold all the cards, then you can make the conditions very favorable so that if he decides to come back, and agrees with your conditions, that he is real serious, and has made a difficult decision.<P>good luck

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,172
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,172
I understand and he knows the door is open(only very little though) and I wouldn't turn him away but I won't make conditions overly favorable either. I've bent over backwards since this whole thing started and put my dignity through the wringer to appease him. I've come to find that my stbx does not respond to sweetness from me but rather becomes interested as soon as I lay down the law and stop playing "nice girl". I'm tired of these games of his and so am just moving ahead with my life. I'm starting to enjoy my freedom and frankly have no interest in moving back to my old state. He wants to see me he can come here.<BR>I gave up Plan Bing and Aing a while ago, it got me nowhere. As soon as I went full tilt divorce mode though he's suddenly feeling lonely and wants to get close again(by proxy through my friends) He's like a five year old and I'm tired of playing indulgent mommy, he needs to grow up already.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 301 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Separation
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:24 PM
beverage sizes in large office
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:22 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0