Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
OP Offline
W
After writting on and off, mostly off, for 52 months I finished my 4th step and am doing my 5th step with my sponsor on saturday [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Bill

Q
Q
WOO HOO, that's a lot of work, man!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

B
B
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WilliamJ:<BR><B>doing my 5th step with my sponsor on saturday [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey Bill,<P>Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose. It is time to let go of all that stuff and get that burden off your shoulders. Good Luck!<P>Prayers and stuff,<P>Bumper <P>

M
M
Congrats!! <P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

B
B
52 Months?!? Woah, my sponsor gave me exactly 30 days!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I guess you have written a pretty darn thorough 4th step, congratulations!!!<P>The 5th step is SUCH a wonderful experience. Being able to say all that awful stuff and still get acceptance and love back in return is so healing.<P>Good luck on Saturday William!!<P>(((hugs))) BR<P>------------------<BR><I>Pain is a given, misery is optional.</I>

W
OP Offline
W
I filled a notebook and a half, front and back of each page...I only hope I can read my handwritting...it resembles ancient hiroglyphics LOL

O
O
So, what kind of a group are you all in?<P>AA<BR>Al-Anon<BR>Codependency<P>????<P>And do you know of any alternative programs? I have the feeling that I'm wanting to do something for myself, but I don't know if a 12-step program is right for me.<P>~Amy

Q
Q
Actually, I was in OA (Overeaters Annonymous) and a church group that used the 12-step program, called, "The Road to Recovery"... the steps don't change, but I liked the church group because they used Jesus as "God, as we understand Him" and we all agreed on that.<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<P>And we know. We who have seen. ~Pellegrino

F
F
Wow, Bill. <P>I am so proud of you. The fourth step is a BIG step, and I am so very impressed that you showed such dedication and determination to stick with it after 52 months. GREAT job. <P>I must admit that I am still struggling along in my fourth step. For me, it is so hard to fearlessly face myself and be honest. I cling to that illusion hard! But, Bill, I draw great inspiration and encouragement from you knowing that you stuck with it for 52 months. <P>Thanks for sharing this with us, and you know what? Congrats, bud! Here's a hug for courage! {{{{{Bill}}}}} <P><BR>CJ <P>------------------<BR>Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

W
OP Offline
W
Amy,<BR> I am a member of Narcotics Anonymous...<P>CJ,<BR>In now way should I be looked on as diligant...52 months is entirely too long to take an inventory. I should have been finished in 6 months. I started writting again 4 weeks ago for the first time since last July...<P>Bill

B
B
[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <B>WAY TO GO BILL!!!</B><P>I think that sticking with it to completion... no matter how long it takes, is a fantastic accomplishment!<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{Big Hug}}}}}}}}}}}}<BR>Busty<BR>

L
L
I just got back to Al-Anon. Thought I'd "graduated" 10 years ago after my H got sober. Not! I remember how anxious I was about my 4th and 5th steps, but doing them is a very humbling yet empowering experience (I probably need to do another one by now). Congratulations! Who cares how long it took. You did it, that's all that matters.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 315 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation