Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
OP Offline
E
I posted this under Cheryls question- and I am really having a hard time with this (confused, sad and angry)<BR>ANY HELP?????<P>You know- I have really been struggling with the topic of this thread....<P>I am 30- my husband whom i have loved with all my heart and soul, has cheated on me for 5 years with over 8 different people, often several at once....<P>I am ending our marriage because of his adultery.<P>My problem is this too- am I supposed to pay for the next 30 to 40 years of my life now????????<P>It was HIS sin and decision to break our marriage vows, and I am divorcing him based on the fact that it is allowable in the scriptures and it isn't based on something like just money or differences in personalities- but now- <P>AM I TOO LIVE ALONE AND SINGLE AND LONELY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE BECAUSE OF SIN THAT WAS COMMITTED AGAINST ME, WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT?????<P>How can this be?? Why am i to spend 30 years suffering consequences for his betrayal???<P>I am SOOO struggling with this....<P>Please advise??<P>TLFM<P>

G
G
I really, really do not want to answer this question for anyone except myself. So all I'm going to tell you is my own reasoning for my own situation, which isn't quite the same as yours. Basically, after almost 12 years of marriage my wife deserted me a year ago without discussion or warning or explanation, cut off all communication with me, and filed for divorce.<P>First, life isn't fair, and nobody ever said it would be. When I chose to love my wife and then commit myself to her, I did it unconditionally. I took a risk, and I did it voluntarily. I could have chosen never to love anyone, never to take any chances, and so lived "alone and single and lonely" all my life. But I didn't.<P>Second, I was happy in my marriage, at least for the first six years or so, before I fell into depression. All in all, I have received more blessings in my relatively short life (I'm 37) than many people ever experience in their entire lives. If the best years of my life are over, well, I really haven't a right to complain.<P>Third, I have come to believe that happiness derives primarily from integrity, not circumstance. Right now, I have my integrity, and I have my faith, and I have my love, and I even have my hope. (My wife may someday struggle out of the fog and come back to me.) What price would I have to pay to give up any of that? Next to that price, a life of relative isolation (I do, after all, have family and friends) doesn't seem so bad.<P>It helps that I am comfortable living by myself.<BR>

J
J
TLFM,<P>I am assuming that you are looking at your situation solely from a religious standpoint here. If I am incorrect, then I apologize about the direction I’m taking with my response.<P>I was also having some issues in regard to moving forward with my life following the divorce that I did not want. I had spoken with people prior to my wedding and understood God’ view of marriage, but really didn’t know his feelings of divorce. I asked advice of the pastor who performed my wedding and would like to share with you his response to me. Granted different religions have different beliefs, but just hearing these things from a man of the cloth made me feel better.<P>#1. God hates divorce, and intended for man to stay together for life.. Mark 10:2-9 And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting him. 3And he answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you? 4And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away. 5And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. 6But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 7For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. 9What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder The King James Version, (Cambridge: Cambridge) 1769.<P>#2. God knows there are times that one party in a marriage just decides not to do what is right, what do you do then? 1 Cor 7:10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: 11But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife. 12But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. 13And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. 14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy. 15But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases.<P>Basically what that all says is that if one of the two parties departs, the party left behind is under no further obligation. Once you are divorced, you are under no further biblical obligation with your spouse. <P><BR><P>------------------<BR><I>We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.</I><P>~Joseph Campbell

M
M
I so feel for you today. You sound very hurt and frustrated, as you should be in your situation.<P>I wanted to post this link for you:<BR> <A HREF="http://oneplace.com/ministries/the_calvary_connection/Archives.asp" TARGET=_blank>http://oneplace.com/ministries/the_calvary_connection/Archives.asp</A> <P>If you go to the bottom of the page and listen to the (2) 1/2-hour installments of "Divorce: Who Can Remarry?" you might find some help. <P>There is so much out there about this topic. This is the BEST discussion I've heard regarding divorce and remarriage. I hope it helps.<P>The thing is: You have to listen to it today or tomorrow, because as each day goes by, it will be pushed off the list and unable to be downloaded.<P>Also, the best advice I've heard on looking thru scripture on a subject (and it may have been from this broadcast) is:<P><I><B>When you are looking thru the Bible on a topic, read ALL the scriptures concerning that given topic and after reading them all and with God's guidance, you should be able to understand what the Bible is saying.</I></B><P>I'd never really heard it put like that before, but it makes good sense to me.<P>Good luck any my prayers are with you,<BR>Aloha,<BR>Mrs.O<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Mrs.O (edited June 28, 2001).]

G
G
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mrs.O:<BR><B>There is so much out there about this topic. This is the BEST discussion I've heard regarding divorce and remarriage. I hope it helps.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well, I listened to the broadcasts, but it seems to me that the speaker glossed over some pretty crucial bits. For example, I don't recall him giving any sort of explanation for Jesus' statement that "anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery" (Matthew 5:32) or his peculiar statement immediately preceding it where he said that "anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes <I>her</I> to become an adulteress." (NIV, my emphasis).<P>Basically, the speaker went into a lot of detail about when divorce was legitimate, avoiding the hard questions (such as those involving cases of physical abuse), and then just outright stated that remarriage was permissible if the divorce was permissible.<P>I'm not convinced...<P>

M
M
Hey GnomeDePlume:<P>Matthew 5:32- But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, <I>except for the reason of sexual immorality</I>, makes her commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.<P>My reading of this and what I got from the broadcast regarding looking at ALL the scriptures, is that the reason of sexual immorality is <I>implied</I> in the second part of that verse. So it would mean:<P>"...and whoever marries a divorced woman <I>except for the reason of sexual immorality</I> commits adultery.<P>Now, I'm not re-writing scripture, because if you do take ALL the scriptures regarding divorce and remarriage, that is what I get from the <I>whole study</I> of this issue. If you take only one verse and don't look at the others, then you aren't looking at all that the Bible says about that issue.<P>In cases of abuse....the scripture doesn't say that that is a just cause for divorce. Jesus and the Bible only gave ONE reason for why divorce is permitted and why re-marriage under that reason is not adultry. He also said that if your unbelieving husband leaves you (adultry not even the reason), you are no longer bound. So if you are not longer bound, you would be free....to re-marry.<P>That's my take on it. But like you said, everyone has to decide and research this for themselves. I think this type of open discussion is good tho. <P>The main thing I got out of those broadcasts was that you do need to look at ALL the scriptures regarding an issue before you make up your mind. If you only take one or two verses, you would have incomplete information.<P>Aloha,<BR>Mrs.O

E
OP Offline
E
Thanks for your replies- I do infact, have even more that complicates things and wonder what you think about this aspect-<P>OK- he cheated, over and over adultery with ALOT of different people for more than two thirds of our marriage...<P>When I became aware of this- not from him, from one of his other women, in January (then the rest came out in March), I told him that it was over, I wanted a divorce, and that was final...<P>NOW- he has decided he loves me, he has turned to God, and is committing himself to me, HE SAYS, even after I divorce him- but the fact is- in my eyes, he broke our marriage vows already!<P>I am still planning to divorce him- because of his change of heart- am I supposed to, according to scripture, be bound to him forever with this???? Is that addressed? What have people been counseled? <P>This is such an unusual situation- one i've never heard of prior to mine, because it seems like most BS want reconciliation with the WS and that is NOT the case for me (hence my name)<P>Any insight??<P><BR>Thanks!<BR>

J
J
TLFM,<P>My best suggestion at this point would be to have a talk with a local clergy person to help answer some of your questions. Even you are not a member of a specific congregation, you should still be able to ask advice of someone from your religious denomination.<P>Since this is an area which is really important to you, I would turn to the experts. <P>Best of luck.

G
G
TLFM, I don't think anyone would challenge your <I>right</I> to a divorce. By just about anyone's standards, it's justified. I personally am not prepared to advise either for or against it, since I don't know enough about your situation. My only real advice is to go slow, no matter what course you choose.<P>Don't forget that another Biblical principle is forgiveness. If your husband is <I>truly</I> repentant, then I think you have to seriously consider what hardening your heart against him might mean for your spiritual (and psychological) condition. Not because you might be breaking some rule or other, but because those "rules" are made for our own well-being: nursing hatred is self-destructive.<P>Note that forgiveness does <I>not</I> mean allowing yourself to be treated like a doormat, and it does not mean excusing or enabling continued destructive behavior on your husband's part. I don't think you have any reason to trust your husband, and quite frankly, I think it would be very foolish for you to do so without considerable evidence, accumulated over a significant period of time.<P>You ask if you are "supposed to, according to scripture, be bound to him forever". I don't really think of it that way. Again, God's commands are given for our <I>own</I> good, not just because God has some arbitrary preference for his world to function according to some divine aesthetic. I personally believe that the permanency of Biblical marriage is as much an acknowledgement of the way things <I>are</I> as it is a description of the way things <I>ought</I> to be. The fact is, one way or another, you <I>are</I> bound to your husband forever. You have history together that you will never fully escape. Your experiences with your husband have provided both growth and scars and have molded you into who you are today.<P>What that means in your own particular case, I can't say. If your husband's repentance is a sham, or if it's short-lived, then reconciling with him would seem to be a mistake. On the other hand, if his repentance is <I>real</I>...well...I doubt that any kind of healing from a broken relationship is as complete or fulfilling as the healing that comes from the restoration of that relationship.<P>I don't think it's a bad idea for you to be asking these kinds of questions and thinking about these kind of things. But I <I>still</I> think you would be better off devoting more attention to defining and enforcing your boundaries <I>right now</I>, and not making any decisions regarding divorce until you see how things play out.<P>I think you would really benefit from some good counseling, both for yourself, and also with your husband. The counseling with your husband is desirable as a way of communicating to your husband the <I>importance</I> of respecting your boundaries, and as a way of training him in <I>how</I> to respect them. (My impression is that either your husband does <I>not</I> respect your boundaries and has no intention of doing so, or else that he hasn't a clue what that means and so he blunders over them out of ignorant habit. Or both, if he resists learning.)<BR><p>[This message has been edited by GnomeDePlume (edited June 29, 2001).]

Q
Q
Hi,<P>I wrote over on Cheryl's thread too.<P>Look, my ex-H cheated MANY times, as yours did. I made my own stupid mistake and cheated, in year 18 of our marriage. He kept cheating, and I divorced him. To make matters "worse" I met someone before my divorce was final (it had been filed and he was living out of the home, and had been for months) and now I am married to that man.<P>Doesn't sound too promising, does it?<P>TLFM?, here's what I think you should do: If you are a religious person, go to your clergyperson and ask your questions. Pray about the questions and answers you receive. If you are not a religous person, look at the marriage vow, look at the law, and ask someone whom you respect what they think about what you've found. <P>Then, and this will seem like the really hard part, look inside yourself and ask, "What do **I** think?" and "What can **I** live with?" Now, some around here will tell you that you're being selfish and that that's how affairs begin. Yes, I'll agree, it is how affairs begin... but... it's also how you'll figure out what YOU can live with.<P>Look, let's be honest here... only YOU have to live in YOUR skin. NOBODY can tell you if it's right or wrong. Well, they CAN, and they WILL, but they aren't YOU, now are they? They have to live for THEMSELVES, and you have to live for YOU.<P>I know this feeling you have... this feeling of injustice and pain. When my first H cheated, it ripped me into a million pieces, and I stayed, over and over again, because I loved him, and because it was my duty. One day, it hit me, I don't deserve this. Never mind what anyone else says, I don't deserve to be battered anymore.<P>I suspect you are a Christian believer... I don't know why, but I do. Let me tell you that I too am a believer in Christ. I believe that I will stand before God one day and account for my sins, and for my life. If I was wrong to remarry, it will be **MY** responsibility to stand before God, nobody elses. I choose to take that chance, because I am, after all, only doing my best to understand the scriptures (which say I had Biblical reasons) and to understand this life (only one shot here, and I'm tired of the pain).<P>Best wishes to you...<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<P>And we know. We who have seen. ~Pellegrino

B
B
Everyone has given you some very good advice, but the choice is strictly up to you on whether or not you divorce or stay married. Either one of your chooses you choose, you will have to forgive him. God wants you and I to live in peace; in addition, God hates divorce, but I believe he hates adultery even more. The pain and destruction of adultery is far greater than some people can imagine. It is worst than divorce! This is why, God allows or acknowledges that the victim is free to divorce the cheating spouse. We all have our own interpetation of the Bible. This is why it is important for everyone to pray for individual understanding. Because as many have told you, you will have to answer to God for any decisions you make in life, whether they be good or bad ones. <P>Maybe separating for a while, so you can pray and think about your future may not be a bad idea before you may any final decisions. <P>There are some questions you may want to ask your husband. Is he sorry for what he has done to you and the damage he caused, or is he sorry that he is caught? Is he changing to keep you, or is he changing because he realizes the damages and consequences of his adultery? You also may want to make sure he is tested for diseases. A lot of VD's are asymtomatic. <P>In essence of it all, you are not obligated or owe anyone any explanation if you decide to divorce, except to God and yourself; and God knows......

B
B
I forgot to answer your question. No! He is responsible for his own sins. Although his sins can harm you, you're not responsible for his sins. You've obviously keep your vows and committment to him. He broke the vows! <P>Somethings are worth fixing. Marriage is one of them if both parties are willing to work it out.

O
O
Hi... here's the quote from Bell <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Maybe separating for a while, so you can pray and think about your future may not be a bad idea before you may any final decisions. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I think there is a good book called "Should I Stay or Go: Controlled Separation" by Lee Raffel. I have it and it's very good. Take things slow as others have suggested, pray to God for discernment. Remember to forgive... not to be a doormat or enabler but to forgive truly. It truly is for fellowship with others... if you don't forgive, you will be hindered in your other relationships as well. But all these things take time...<P>Warmly, I say... hang in there. I implore you to get beyond the physical/sexual implications of your divorce and see underneath that all about intimacy and true connection... maybe if you examine that a bit, you may find some contributing factors that may have helped create the environment where you H felt the need to seek his needs elsewhere (please, I'm not blaming). Just be open to examine your true heart...<P>------------------<BR><I>As iron sharpens iron, so does one wo/man sharpen another...</I> Prov 27:17

P
P
TLFM,<BR> AM I TOO LIVE ALONE AND SINGLE AND LONELY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE BECAUSE OF SIN THAT WAS COMMITTED AGAINST ME, WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT?????<P> NO absolutely NOT!! But God expects us to forgive and I think that's the part you are struggling with (and rightly so) I posted on the other thread and you mentioned I was bitter. Well, maybe so towards OM mostly. It's something I'm praying about. But you also sound a little bitter and your heart has been hardened. <P> My W and I hadn't been to church in 3 years and the FIRST lesson I heard when I returned was on FORGIVENESS. STRANGE HUH? "How many times must I forgive Lord? "Seven times?" "No SEVENTY TIMES SEVEN" <P> It's funny, people who murder are forgiven easier than ones who have affairs!! Seems pretty cut and dry in that case. One murders, is truly sorry, God forgives, people forgive, life goes on. But have an affair?? DAMMED!! NOT SO..... The way I understand it to God sin is sin whether it's murder, adultery or using his name in vain. It's all sin! Imagine being so judged and internally tormented for swearing using the Lord's name in vain!!<P>NOW- he has decided he loves me, he has turned to God, and is committing himself to me, HE SAYS, even after I divorce him- but the fact is- in my eyes, he broke our marriage vows already!<P> <P> I agree with GnomeDePlume<BR>Don't forget that another Biblical principle is forgiveness. If your husband is truly repentant, then I think you have to seriously consider what hardening your heart against him might mean for your spiritual (and psychological) condition. Not because you might be breaking some rule or other, but because those "rules" are made for our own well-being: nursing hatred is self-destructive.<P> Well, one of the things I've learned is that we have to "Earn a Divorce" or we are destined to repeat our mistakes. I would at least TRY with professional help of course. You and your H can counsel with Steve Harley over the phone. He is an expert in this field and may be able to help. He claims a 90 something percent success rate!!<P> Another point I'd like to share. You mentioned your kids are older and maybe not so effected by all this. Well, our children "pretended" that it didn't matter to them BUT told us how much all this has effected them AFTER we reconciled and now aren't "Acting out" as much in their own lives. <P> God WILL bless your marriage and it will be better than EITHER of you could have ever imagined IF you try (again) and with the right tools and God's direction you won't be sorry I promise, OOPS HE PROMISED!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] GOOD LUCK & PRAYERS FRANK<BR><P>------------------<BR>desperate<BR>"If yesterday didn't stop today, Why should TODAY stop tomorrow??" <BR>"Wisdom and PRAYER is why!!"

E
OP Offline
E
Thank you all for your replies- you have given me very well thought out insight, opinions and direction in which I need to be examining scripture and my life...And I have done so at great lengths these past three days-<P>I am truly planning to divorce him- I am tired, I am not willing to sacrifice myself again to him, and I have read thru the scriptures and feel that I can make this decision in confidence that it will be ok for me..In his sin, he turned from me and desecrated our marriage and our vows- and I understand that I am no longer bound to him..<P>I know that there are issues of forgiveness...I think in my heart I truly have forgiven him- I am friends with him, I can be kind and loving to him, but I don't think that just because I have been instructed to Forgive him "seventy times seven", that I need to open myself completely back up for this type of pain and betrayal from him again. I believe that you can truly forgive someone, and truly love someone, but that you also must learn your lesson, move forward without traveling the same path twice, and as you are brought thru lifes pain and trials, that you use it to be an encourager and help to someone else!!! <P>I am not perfect- and at this point- my overall forgiveness is not perfect- I do struggle with feeling of bitterness- I am not convinced that forgiveness also goes hand in hand with forgetfulness...I know that God casts our sin from us to remember it no more, but I am human, I am frail, and I am seriously struggling with the "forget" part- too many years and WAY to much pain and rejection (and that was even BEFORE I FOUND OUT ABOUT HIS AFFAIRS- those were the straw that broke the camels back!)<P>Someone here equated this sin to murder- and that murderer's are forgiven and the sin is forgotten and they move on with life- HOWEVER- I don't believe that the VICTIM'S of that murder- the families, the friends, the spouse- are able to forget-and it takes a truly great touch from God to be able to forgive!! I know that no sin is bigger or smaller than another- but my children and I are indeed "victim's" in this- and it is not my desire to drag any of us thru this again...I now have had my eyes WIDE OPENED to the power of Satan and his desire to destroy me.<P>I attended church again for the first time in 5 months (since D-Day), and the sermon was on the Book about the prayer of Jabez....I am going to pray down the blessing of God for my children and myself, and I'm also going to seek counseling for the four of us as well...<P>I'm going to move forward for ME- for my children, I'm going to put my trust in God (slowly but surely I can actually say that again?) and I am going to continue with my plans to divorce the man who has thrown me away.<P>I also am setting my own goals, I am enjoying being seperated quite honestly, and I don't plan to pursue any other relationships any time soon! One thing I have learned thru all of this- is that there is NO ONE that is worth sacrificing my children and my relationship with God over!! NOT EVEN HIM!!!<P>Again, I thank you all for taking the time to respond to me, I'm sorry that I do not plan reconcile, nor have any desire to, but as I examined my heart and my future, I'm confident that God will direct me as I should go- and right now- that is without my STBX..I wish him well, I am happy that God has granted him forgiveness and peace and put him on his own path, but I don't believe that I will be with him ever again.<P>I appreciate your thoughts and your time-<P>TLFM

O
O
Tlfm,<P>You are NOT paying for husband's sins unless you have no sin!<BR>[And if you had no sin, you as spiritually stronger would willingly bear with Love the infirmities of the weaker! Galatians 6:1]<P>Here is why:<P>We vowed and promised to love our mates as rich and poor, as well and as ill, for better and for worse, as every word and its opposite.<P>To do so, we have to love ourselves as better and worse, as all words and their opposites.<P>So to hate being any word is the first sin.1 John 3:4.<P>For to hate myself as any word is to OWE myself Love. Romans 13:8.<P>And to hate myself as any word is to hate you as myself and so OWE you Love. Romans 13:8.<P>You said that you ' have loved [him] with all my heart and soul.'<P>It also adds in 'with all your understanding, with all your strength and with all your mind.'<BR>Matthew 22:36-40, Mark 12:29-34 and Luke 10:25.<P>This also means with all your being and with all words.<P>For example, it is because we love ourselves as being human that we love ourselves as human beings.<P>So tlfm, you need to ask yourself :<P>Do I love me<BR>as being good and as being bad, <BR>as being well and as being ill, <BR>as being rich and as being poor, <BR>as being weak and as being strong, <BR>as being winner and as being loser, <BR>as being failure and as being success, <BR>as being first and as being last, <BR>as being adult and as being child, <BR>as being your mom and as being dad, <BR>as being ruler and as being ruled, <BR>as being master and as being slave, <BR>as being with company and as being ALONE, <BR>as being DOUBLE and as being SINGLE, <BR>as being knowledgeable and as being ignorant, <BR>as being consenting and as being non-consenting, <BR>as being betrayed and as being the betrayer, <BR>as being a struggler and as being home free, <BR>as being any word and as being any word's opposite?<P>Or,<BR>Do I hate being any word?<P>If the answer to any of the above is 'No,'<BR>then<BR>you do hate being any word, and then you are only paying for ONLY what Love you did not have for you and so did not have for him: <P>for you did notand still do not love him with all of your heart and etc i.e. with all of your words: <BR>you love you and him with all of the Love in your heart, but you also hate you and him with all the hate in your heart!<P>Example:<BR>The loneliness you feel is because you hate being alone with yourself!<P>To be alone in Hate of being alone is loneliness.<BR>Being alone in Love of being alone is enjoying my own company and so never ever being alone!<P>And since God is Love, when you are in Love and alone, you are not only with yourself, but God is also with you!!!!!!<P>Do you love being innocent and being guilty?<BR>No?<BR>Then you are guilty for hating you as guilty!<BR>That is double guilt: guilty for whatever and guilty for hating you as guilty!<BR>And so you will hate your husband as being gulity for being an adulterer.<P>Do you love yourself as an adulterer?<BR>If not, how can love him as yourself?<BR>You can't.<BR>You will only be able to hate him as yourself because you can't say the words: <BR>I love myself as an adulterer, <BR>and so can't say the words: <BR>I love my husband as an adulterer!<P>Please read Matthew 12:34-37. John 15:9, 1 John 4:19-20, 2:9-11, John 15:9, Matthew 5:43-48, 25:35-45, 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, Romans 8:28 and 35-39.<P>And pray for God to help you to love you as all words! John 1:1, 12-13 and 1 John 4:8,16.<P>And ask more quetions.<P>In<BR>Omegalove<BR>

O
O
tlfm,<P>So since marriage is based on Love,<P>we break our vows when we hate ourselves and so others as any words!<P>To hate ourselves as any word is spiritual adultery.<P>This hate is what leads to the physical adultery!<BR>James 1:12-13.<P>So even of you did not commit adultery, you are still guilty of the spiritual sin of adultery by hating yourself as any word including the word adulterer!<P>If you remarry without changing your attitude, you will end up with someone who also hates himself and so has the same adulterous attitude and the same thing will tend to happen again!!!!!!<P>And so too, even if he has stopped committing physical adultery, if he still hates himself as an adulterer, he still has the spirit of adultery and he will most likely DO the physical act AGAIN!!!!!<P>To check out his sincerity, ask him if he loves himself as an adulterer.<P>if he says no, then you know WHy he did it in the first place and how you can help him NOt do it again if you decide you want to help save him and your marriage!!<P><BR>In<BR>Omegalove

J
J
I've read your posts and I'd just like to say that I admire your strength in coming to your decision to divorce. I admire your resolve and your determination to end the marriage. You have certainly come a long way to be where you are now - point of no return. I hope you never turn back.<P>I've been where you are now and I have never looked back.<P>Best wishes for your new beginning.<P>Nikita<P>

E
OP Offline
E
Omega<P>While I appreciate all of your posting- NOT SURE I GET IT!!! Can't tell if it is because I'm stupid or because I've only been operating on two hours of sleep a night! HA!! Are you saying that his affairs were somehow my fault??<P>I don't hate myself- and I don't plan to remarry anytime soon-<P><p>[This message has been edited by Too Late For Me? (edited July 01, 2001).]

O
O
tlfm,<P>You asked:<P>Are you saying that his affairs were somehow my fault??<P>Yes, <BR>but only if you also added <BR>the fuel of your Hate for you to his Hate for himself.<P>But you say that 'I don't hate myself.'<BR>In which case you did not contribiute the cause of Hate to his affairs.<P>Now, can I ask you:<BR>Altho you don't hate yourself, do you hate him?<P>For instance, do you hate him as an adulterer?<P>In <BR>Omegalove.<P>[This message has been edited by Too Late For Me? (edited July 01, 2001).][/B][/QUOTE]<P>

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation