Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#703200 09/12/01 08:25 AM
N
OP Offline
N
Okay, I know I post new topics a lot, but this is important!<P>Orchid had a great idea on another board, she has asked all there to sign in. I thought it would be reassuring for us here too.

J
J
Jacky I am here....<BR>We were put on standbye yesterday but now on stand down to go to NY to help... We all feel so helpless here.. But we are fine..<BR>Wishing everyone well<BR>Janet

S
S
I am here too. I work in Downtown Los Angeles so our offices were closed yesterday but it is back to business today.<P>Michele

D
D
Never in danger here. The blood center I work at was swamped yesterday with donors, and will be today; we processed several times our average number of units. <P><B> Folks, even if you are a thousand miles away, go donate blood sometime in the next week.</B> The New York metro hospitals will use up everything in the northeast; bloodbanks farther away will fill in at the hospitals farther out; etc. etc. etc. In some cases, excess supply will be flown from wherever it is found to New York. So, the unit you donate in LA may go straight to NY, or may help someone else in another city whose blood supply went to NY. Either way, it's vital.<P>I heard last night from a friend who works at Goldman Sachs, about 1/2 mile south of the WTC, and lives on 16th street - everything south of 14th has been evacuated. She sounded horribly shaken, but alive. She only had time to say that much, and ask me to relay the message to local friends. I had been watching the coverage in horror, and feeling an unfocused empathy for the victims and their families, but hearing the fear in her voice made this more real to me.<P>A grad-school friend of my wife's is a volunteer reserve firefighter in Brooklyn. We assume she must have been mobilized on this. We haven't heard from her; we hope only because she's too busy.

N
OP Offline
N
dabig train,<P>Can I suggest that you post about the blood donations on all the forum boards? Then it will get a much wider coverage, and, hopefully, a good response.<P>Glad to hear you're fine, though shaken, even though you weren't close to it all.<P>I know there are a few posters from PA. Haven't heard from them yet!

J
J
A friend of mine was a firefighter here and moved to New York he is missing and we heard about it last night....<BR>We all are just sitting here waiting...<BR>Wish everyone well<BR>Janet

J
J
This is the one time I'm glad to live in Minnesota out in the middle of nowhere. Our only fear here is the rising gas prices. No mass transit here. <P>My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you who are directly affected by this horrible tradgedy.<P>Jill<P>------------------<BR>live for today for there may not be a tomorrow

With a new name - same old me - I'm here - my old user ID quit working for some reason... <P>Safe in Colorado, Constantly praying, Jan

I
I
hey sis, <BR>it's me... i think you already know i am okay... my daughter is still a little shaken, and i'm not sure how my son feels... my d is acting kind of young... different from her ususal upbeat, grown acting [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]self... she really isn't doing too great... i love them both though and i think it is time for me to concentrate on them and maybe i will be able to get this d stuff off my mind...<P>

N
OP Offline
N
Yes, I do know you're okay, sis....it's good that people are responding to this, thoug, because even if <B>I</B> know they're fine, others may be worried.<P>Take care of thos kids....they're so precious!<P>Jacky

E
E
Hello everyone I am here. we were evacuated yesterday morning. We are in the Zurich Twin Towers, Chicago, IL. We have a few Top Agencies in this building and we work directly with US Customs, so we had to go. <P>Today is a mess, trying to check on our employees and Agents in NY. One of our top Agencies was on the 101-107 floors, in the second building. So far 1100 out of 1700 missing in action today. Another Agency, higher up, has not accounted for a single person yet. This is so unreal.US Customs had many floors in building 1 & 7. Afraid everything is gone there. <P>So I am here but real busy. Keeping my mind off missing friends and customers. Sorry for carrying on above, my mind is scattered.<P>Lots of prayers to everyone.<P>e_w_s

J
J
Just to update the firefighter that was believed missing is fine in ny...<BR>Janet

C
C
Here and fine. <P>I went to give blood yesterday and the 3-4 hr. wait was a bit of a problem given the rest of my schedule for the day. I have an appt. to give platelets on Saturday. I figure I can give them every two weeks for a while and that may be as important as whole blood.<P>The blood crisis will not be a short one so I recommend that, if the long lines today overwhelm you, you go next week when the need will still be incredible.

W
W
I'm here, too. -Mike

E
E
Mike:<P>Hello! Glad you are okay. Do you have acess to email? If so please email me or call me. PLEASE.<P>Michelle

B
B
Hi gang, I'm alive and well. We've made about two dozen phone calls across the country to make sure all of our extended family is OK. Thank heaven none were in NYC. And yet somehow there is a sense that our family was there, that those who fell were our family. We grieve and our prayers go out to all who are still waiting to know.<P>Prayers and stuff,<P>Bumper

D
D
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cinderella:<BR>I went to give blood yesterday and the 3-4 hr. wait was a bit of a problem given the rest of my schedule for the day.... The blood crisis will not be a short one so I recommend that, if the long lines today overwhelm you, you go next week when the need will still be incredible.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Very true. Glad you made the appointment.<BR>

I
I
some things just can't be said any better, therefore, i like to bump the important stuff... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>kim...

R
R
Air Force one landing in Omaha yesterday.......I didn't know they would bring the President so close to home for safety. <P>Knew you were somewhere in New York Bumper, I'm glad you checked in.<P>This is awful, I have no words. My mind can not comprehend such devistation and lives affected by the cruelty of terrorism.<P>Gayle<P>

B
B
I'm here, safe and sound in NM... <P>Has anyone heard from Nick (cOOker) or Marsha (LadyM)? They are both in the Navy in VA... just wondering...<P>Offering up thoughts and Prayers to everyone... May God Bless and Keep us in HIS Care...<P>Dawnetta

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 682 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation