Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
A
ES,<p>I was posting before I saw your last post. I am glad you are both trying to reach an agreement. I would like to suggest that your daughter is too young to be involved in the agreement part and you keep her out of the adult talk.<p>Take care and good luck.<p>ANNA

N
N
ES --<p>I'm only on for a moment, but I want to say that your recent conversation with hopeful sounds VERY GOOD.<p>Best wishes as you iron out the details...<p>I'm glad you're getting some time off of work, sounds like you'll get some much needed rest, both physically and emotionally.<p>Take Care!!

E
OP Offline
E
Just wanted to post about the converstation with my W. . . The name shave been changed to rptoect the innocent. this is the entire conversation by the way.<p>Empty Shell says:
hello
Hopeful1771 says:
hi
Empty Shell says:
I'm glad thta you decided to come on line.
Hopeful1771 says:
I can't stay too long. my mom is sick
Empty Shell says:
so, tell me what you are thinking
Hopeful1771 says:
I'm not sure what I'm thinking right now
Empty Shell says:
try.
Hopeful1771 says:
There are parts of me that say meet with you and talk and there are other parts saying wait til Thursday
Empty Shell says:
why is that? wouldn't it be better to try and work things out ourselves?
Hopeful1771 says:
Yes but I also feel that if I don't work things out the way you want me to I'm going to be the loser here and not get to have the relationship with Daughter that I feel we need to have
Empty Shell says:
you know, contrary to what you are being told, I am not out to screw you or anyone else here. . . .
Hopeful1771 says:
I'm not being told that. Its a feeling
Empty Shell says:
I would like to believe tat between the two of us can work thi out. . . .
Empty Shell says:
I did n't run away and hide with Daughter. I have not denied you any contact with her at all.
Empty Shell says:
I' truly do thin we can do the right things together., if we will just try.
Hopeful1771 says:
I thought we could work things out between us as far as Christmas was concerned and look what happened. I didn't get to see her on Christmas
Empty Shell says:
you did get to see her, and you could have come over and talk with her and me without calling the police on me.
Empty Shell says:
not working together is what has caused us all so much heartache.
Hopeful1771 says:
and have your entire family there giving me the looks and make me feel uncomfortable
Empty Shell says:
we need to try and find to work together on this Hopeful1771, , ,fir Daughter's sake, and for our own sanity.
Hopeful1771 says:
do you just want to meet Tuesday night?
Empty Shell says:
we can do that, yes, but I was hoping that we could try to talk before that too.
Hopeful1771 says:
I have to work all day tomorrow. Need to go to bed here soon have to get up early
Empty Shell says:
I'll pay your gas if that is a concern.
Hopeful1771 says:
I have to be at work at 7 am in the morning
Empty Shell says:
I truly don't want this to be a war between us, with Daughter getting torn apart in the process.
Hopeful1771 says:
Lets get together Tuesday night then. I just can't do it any sooner I'm sorry
Empty Shell says:
I hope I don't have to ask this . . . but it will be just the three of us? Right?
Hopeful1771 says:
Yes it will be
Hopeful1771 says:
I should be home by 5ish or so to make dinner
Hopeful1771 says:
I have to run my mom wants to go to bed
Empty Shell says:
When should I plan on being there then?
Hopeful1771 says:
6ish or so
Empty Shell says:
ok.

M
M
being a mom going thru a D with a H that had A, sorry but you are a mothers worse nightmare, what you did was wrong your daughter loves both of you, even though she was having fun at your house she is still a child under the law, your wife now can get a copy of the police report & use that in court it will make you look bad even though you wanted what you thought was best for your daughter, the courts dont look at it that way, I wish I could just take my child & forget about my STBX but I cant & it wouldnt be fair to our son, dont let you feelings get in the way, its not fair but you may lose in the end if you keep doing things like this. Believe me anything on paper is very powerful in court, Im using my H & his lovers cell phone records plus he was a cop & its written down in his personal records about being with her on duty. Our son like your daughter doesnt want to be with Dad & is willing to talk to the judge about picking his own days to see Dad. Dont listen to friends about what to do, get a lawyer listen to him & do a lot of praying.
M-17yrs
D-soon
C-12,28,gd7yrs
MOW-10
D-soon
C-3 small<p>[ December 31, 2001: Message edited by: misst ]</p>

R
RWD Offline
R
ES,
Just a thought, you may want to exclude your d in your discusions with your stbx. IMHO, she is too young to have a say in this matter, after all she probably doesn't want you to divorce.<p>Also, your discussions may get heated and that would be nothing for the kid to see.<p>Make sure your stbx agrees where d will be, so there are no misunderstanding.<p>Hang in,<p>Bob<p>[ December 31, 2001: Message edited by: RWD ]</p>

M
M
Anna,<p>What has ES ever done to YOU for
you to treat him the way that you do?
I am sure he could do without your
"help", geeeez!

W
W
I must have missed something - I couldn't tell whatsoever that Anna had said anything untoward to ES. Everything she posted was out of concern and care for their family and especially Empty's daughter. What did I miss?<p>As an aside, ES, Anna is right about the lice thing. My middle son got them in the 2nd grade - something like 15 out of 18 in his class had them! It was a nightmare. In addition to the combing and the medicine, we had to dry clean the bedding, put all the stuffed animals in big plastic garbage bags for a week, steam clean the carpet and wash down the walls around his bed with a clorox mixture. Then I still had to coat his head with mayo (olive oil works well too) because Anna is right, they are immune to the OTC meds and the mayo or olive oil will suffocate them. They are supposed to wear the mayo under a plastic shower cap overnight and then wash, wash wash with the water as hot as they can stand.
Tons of fun!<p>You are right, if even one egg survives, they will re-infest all over again. It could cycle on forever.
Best of luck,
W

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation