Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Duff Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I am reading countless posts all about how the female is the addictive personality; this may be very hard for you all to relate to, but my husband is the co-dependant/addictive one. We have been together for seven years, married for three (never lived together before then) and we are just now going to counseling because I am thinking of leaving. My husband probably may sound like every woman's dream in his over-attentiveness and
dependancy, but try and put yourself in my shoes. I am going crazy from lack of breathing room. <p>He cannot stand to be without me, ever. If we are in our house, he has to be by my side at all times. If I am in the bathroom too long, he comes knocking on the door- if he isn't already in there with me (when I am getting ready for the day only, of course). He whines when I go to the gym, or anywhere without him, and he hates the fact that I have a lot of friends to socialize with. He won't go anywhere without me, not even to a convenience
store. He says "I love You" and "You are my best friend" at least 20-30 times a day, and it feels like overkill. Meanwhile, I have been slowly falling out of love with him.<p>Lately, within the past year, I have putting my foot down and he is trying to loosen the nuce, but it is still tight. I know that he is trying to change, but I am so turned off. Hence, I am depressed and wanting out. The kicker is that I love solitude, and always have. He can't stand it, or allowing me to have it. We are like night and day, and I can't believe that I married him.

T
T
Duff,<p>Does he work? Does he have friends of his own to do things with? if not..maybe the counselor could help him see that he needs that for himself..<p>That way it will give you time to miss him..and him time to miss you..

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 315 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation