Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#719470 01/18/02 04:25 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 4,416
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 4,416
I'm heading out for a week long business trip to the Vail/Beaver Creek area on Sunday....<p>I need some suggestions on fun things to do in the evening that don't require a lot of cash...<p>Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#719471 01/18/02 05:18 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 845
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 845
Hey Billy...<p>Have a great time! C'ya in a week!<p>Ciao,
Nicole

#719472 01/18/02 05:25 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 4,416
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 4,416
Same to you Nicole.<p>Safe travels my friend..

#719473 01/18/02 05:27 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 534
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 534
Bill,<p>You said..<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>
I need some suggestions on fun things to do in the evening that don't require a lot of cash...<hr></blockquote><p>Sorry, I have to laugh. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] Vail is not a cheap place. There is a lot of tourist places like shopping, skiing, ice skating. Is that what you are looking for?<p>I need more details before I can give you more.<p>You will have a wonderful time here but be prepared to freeze you rear off. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] We haven't gotten above 30 all week.<p>K/DSN/LostNco
[H]'s wife [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]<p>[ January 18, 2002: Message edited by: Knewjie ]</p>

#719474 01/18/02 05:41 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 4,416
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 4,416
K,<p>I do know it's not a cheap place that's why I'm asking for help from the locals. <p>I've been there a couple times but it's usually just for a night or two and now it's a whole week. I'll walk the shopping area for atleast one evening of entertainment.<p>I'll be working from 8-5 out there then I need supper and a little fun. But believe me I'm coming out on a beer budget.......<p>Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.<p>
Broke Billy

#719475 01/18/02 07:21 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 157
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 157
Hi Broke Billy -<p>I am Broke Krista, so it is a good thing I don't have business in Vail. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] I love that little town. Where are you staying? If your hotel has an outdoor hot tub, I would definitely do that. I love it when it is freezing cold outside and so hot in the hot tub. (Hence the name. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] ) I would also swim, if that is an option. I would go to the nice restaurants and order appetizers and wine. I would go to the local bars and watch sports. (I can't think of a specific name of one, sorry.) I would most definitely people watch, preferably in the lobby of the grandest hotels. I love the little shops, and would window shop and dream. I would walk along the river walk, even though the above poster is right, it is FREEZING here right now. Do you get to take a day off to ski? It is really expensive, but it is at any of the resorts, since the same company owns them all. Have fun and enjoy yourself!

#719476 01/19/02 12:34 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 7,027
*
Member
Member
* Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 7,027
Hey - great place to visit - I do prefer summer visits there - unless I'm skiing. <p>There's a nice little side road that runs along the highway - it's a really nice drive even in the darkness - if you happen to have a car. I would recommend it for an evening... stop occasionally so you can listen to the sounds of the stream. It's so relaxing... Oh I do hope you are coming when it's a full moon - the nights are wonderful!<p>Shopping is always incredible in Vail. Even if you are just looking - which I do mostly there - hardly EVER buy - can't afford it.<p>Watching the night skiiers from one of the lodges is incredible too - if you happen to stay at one of the lodges - you can do that from the hot tub -of course if you do THAT the first night you won't be looking for anything else to do - it's a spectacular sight!!!<p>But - mostly - just have an INCREDIBLY GOOD TIME!!! You'll LOVE Vail - it's wonderful!!!<p>Make it a great time.<p>Jan

#719477 01/19/02 07:03 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 4,416
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 4,416
Thanks Y'all,<p>
Actually I'm staying at the Comfort Inn in Avon. Most all of business is at Beaver Creek but I do love the downtown Vail area. The window shopping is wonderful. <p>I think they are having a ski competition there on Thursday so the town should be hopping. Unfortunately, I can't take a day off for fun so I just have to do that all in the evenings.....

#719478 01/19/02 07:28 PM
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
Hey, how are you Jester. I miss you lots. The life of a Princess can be difficult, you know. And having a jester around brightens it up a lot. <p>You know where to find me. <p>By the way, I trust you remember that our own lovely CJ - the Lady-In-Waiting - FaithfulWife is out in Colorado. I'm hoping to be there sometime this summer.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 301 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Separation
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:24 PM
beverage sizes in large office
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:22 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0