Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#720625 02/04/02 04:26 PM
M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi everyone,<p>Ok, so I don't post much at all anymore. But I do still read and have a lot of friends who post here.<p>Major things have been happening here. I started dating an incredible man in November. Things have moved along quite quickly but it's all been great!<p>So...on March 8th, he and I are getting married!! Some of you may think that it's too quick and that's ok. I realize that also. But this is something that I'm very sure of. It doesn't matter to me how long we've been together. I dated my ex for 3 1/2 years and it turned out to be the marriage from hell. <p>I'm not nervous about this at all and I haven't had a hard time trusting him. We talk all of the time and he knows all about my ex and how he treated me and my children. He is nothing like my ex. He is good to me and my kids. And ya know what? He doesn't mind that I have 3 sons that he will become the primary father figure for. And his 2 sons get along with me and my children well. <p>After 2 years of being on my own and finding out who I really am and what I want, I finally found happiness. <p>Love,
Mitzi [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

#720626 02/04/02 04:30 PM
N
N
OH MITZI, <p>Your new H is one lucky man!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>BIG CONGRATS, and (((((Mitzi)))))<p>Love, Sheryl

#720627 02/04/02 04:39 PM
S
S
How wonderful!<p>Good Luck, Best of Wishes!<p>don't forget all the good MB stuff you have learned

#720628 02/04/02 04:49 PM
R
R
I am so happy for you!!!<p>Talking about quick ....<p>You deserve the best, honey! This is wonderful news. And we all know that because you are an MB Vet, that you have all the tools necessary to make a happy successful marriage.<p>Love to you, Mitz. Keep us updated.<p>Congrats!
Jo

#720629 02/04/02 07:39 PM
M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Sheryl,<p>(((((HUGS))))) to you too! <p>I'll keep reminding Terry how lucky he really is! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Sing,<p>Believe me, I won't forget a thing I've learned at MB! I'm still learning too. Thanks!<p>Jo,<p>Thanks for the kind words, Daisy Jo! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] It's wonderful being in love with someone who appreciates and respects me! I'll definately keep you posted! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>BTW, the we're going to VEGAS!! YIPPEE!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Love,

#720630 02/04/02 08:44 PM
R
R
Mitzi,<p>You take care. I share your happiness, but also tell you that it is OK to go a bit slower, too.<p>Wishing you the happiness you deserve, Desiree

#720631 02/04/02 09:07 PM
M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Desiree,<p>Thanks for the well wishes and also for the concern. I know that it would be ok to go a bit slower. You know how you get those gut feelings when you just know that something is right? This is one of those times for me. I'm happier than I've been in years.<p>Love,

#720632 02/04/02 09:41 PM
R
RWD Offline
R
Mitzi,
I too want to wish you all the best. I was going to respond on the other network but just hadn't been able to get to it. So all my best wishes!!!<p>God Bless,<p>Bob

#720633 02/04/02 10:45 PM
B
B
Hi Mitzi,<p>I'm so so happy for you. This is wonderful news. <p>Like the others, I say 'slow' is ok, but you're right about one thing. Our gut feelings. I think after all that we have been through, we are more in tune with ourselves than ever before. And nobody knows better than you how YOU feel.<p>So, if you're happy, I'm happy.<p>All my very best wishes girl, and you remind Terry that if he ever does wrong by you, you have people in EVERY corner of the globe that will hunt him down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<p>But then again, after all we have learnt at MB, you've already got that sussed and that last comment of mine was not needed was it!!??<p>Wow, this is so good. When you said Vegas, is that where you're getting married.?<p>It's quite trendy here at the moment to 'pop' over to Vegas to get married. And no, I don't mean Bris-Vegas!!!<p>Keep us posted<p>lots of love and hugs to you both<p>Jo<p>ps What color frock would you like me to wear....
I don't want to clash with the Bride...........

#720634 02/05/02 09:53 AM
P
P
Oh Mitzi!<p>Congratulations!!! I hope this marriage turns out to be everything you have ever dreamed of! There really ARE happy endings!<p>Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness!<p>Peppermint

#720635 02/05/02 11:51 AM
711 Offline
Congratulations Mitzi! <p>BTW, my parents have been married 40 years (second marriage for both) and they knew it was right after only two weeks together. They still, to this day, look at each other with love and affection in their eyes! I wish the same for you!! And me one day!<p>Jen

#720636 02/05/02 05:12 PM
M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Bob,<p>Thanks! I'm so glad that everyone here has been happy about this. Honestly, I kinda worried about posting this because I know that this type of news isn't always the easiest for some to read or respond to. <p>God bless you too!<p>Bonnet Jo!<p>YES! I'm getting married in Las Vegas! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] I keep telling Terry that I'm going to get an Elvis impersonator to perform the ceremony or sing! LOL Plus while we're in that section of the states, we're going to go to the Grand Canyon! I'm extremely excited but also nervous about flying! YIKES!! I've never been on a plane! LOL LOL<p>THanks so much Jo!<p>
Peppermint,<p>Thanks a bunch! I honestly think that I will be happier than I've ever been. So far, I have been and it just keeps getting better! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Jen,<p>Thanks! It's funny you mentioned that about your parents. Terry and I had only been dating for about 3 weeks and he told me that he was going to marry me one day. And I felt the same way. He's perfect marriage material! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I also wish the same happiness for you and everyone else here! <p>Love you all!

#720637 02/05/02 05:48 PM
M
M
Congratulations, Mitzi! I'm so happy for you, but sad because another good one's been snatched away. :-)<p>Really, God bless you both! <p>Aloha,
Ms.O<p>PS Did I miss it, or what's his name? What's he like? How did you meet? Inquiring minds want to know.....

#720638 02/05/02 06:02 PM
M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Ms. O,<p>Enquiring minds, huh? LOL LOL<p>My STBH's name is Terry. We were introduced by mutual friends. He had asked me for my phone # because one of my friends told him I was single. I told him that I wasn't going to give it to him because the last time I gave my phone # to a guy, he turned out to be a loser! LOL So, he asked my friend and she gave it to him. Now I'm glad she did! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>He's 28, the father of 2 of the cutest little red-haired boys, he spent some time in the marines, and is now a guard for the Maryland Department of Corrections.(UNIFORM!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] ) He is also very honest, talkative and he makes me laugh. Plus he's very affectionate and that's great for me! <p>AND he's pretty easy on the eyes too! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] He's 6'3" and about 220 lbs. with dark hair and brown eyes. <p>He's perfect!<p>Thanks for asking! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Mitzi [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

#720639 02/05/02 08:50 PM
O
O
Hi, <p>I am soooo happy for U!!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Congratulations!!<p>L.

#720640 02/05/02 09:18 PM
O
O
Wow, Mitzi...<p>He sounds like a dream! Have you been pinched lately to see if this is real?!<p>Seriously though, I wish for you all the best and as some have already stated, given what you've been thru (what we've all been thru) we know what is in our gut and I pray that you find the peace, joy and happiness in these next years!<p>It's so nice to hear of a successful story with a happy ending!<p>Blessings,
Nicole

#720641 02/05/02 09:30 PM
J
J
ahhhhhhh... uniform......
Best of luck to you and Terry!

#720642 02/05/02 10:15 PM
M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Nicole,<p>I've actually pinched myself so many times in the past couple of months! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I have a feeling that this marriage is going to be so much better since I know about MB.<p>justthewife,<p>Yep, a uniform! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] Thanks! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Orchid,<p>Thank you!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Mitzi [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

#720643 02/09/02 03:16 AM
M
M
Hey Mitzi,<p>Do you need a flower girl or a ring bearer? G and I are only 3 hours away!!!<p>Congrats, [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Zippy

#720644 02/09/02 03:22 AM
F
F
Great News! My God bless your marriage REAL BIG!!! The bigger the better.
Lots of love and happiness!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation