Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
RobC Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hello all! I have been here before, about two years ago. I have been seperated for 1.5 years and our divorce was final October 18th 2001. A little sad as the ex and I went out last weekend, but under so very disturbing cicumstances. It seems that she has been dating (okay with me, I have), and seems this guy has been stalking. She calls me over and ask me to "talk" to him. He is a barfly (funny, she left me for my drinking) and has been showing up often and late at night with my kids there. I told her I would. She calls back later and says she wants to do something that same night. I asked why and she said she wanted to. So we met and went out with some old friends. Had some fun, however, she was really upset with her girlfriend flirting with me. I have known her girlfriend for many years and we are nothing but friends. Someone I knew asked for my number for help with some computer issues, so I write my number on a napkin and give it to them. She grabs me and asked me "who are you giving your number to?" angrily. I said to that GUY over there who wants some help with a computer problem. Anyway, we go back and end up having sex, crying, her telling me she and I are soulmates and she misses me. I miss her and have always said we were soulmates. However, I have been content with the fact that it is over. Now all of this. The next morning she cooks breakfast and it went okay. I took the kids to church and now I feel like a piece of crap. She has closed up, wont talk and is COLD. However, her list of things for me to help her with grows. I told her I felt used and she said that wasnt true - that she needed me and I was there. Am I missing something here? I thought we were divorced? Anyway, I know it is a bit broken, but I am out of sorts right now. Any ideas?

T
T
Sounds like she needs to grow up.

N
N
Well sounds to me like she is having second thought, but you are content with your new life.

If you do not want to help her tell her so, set the boundaries. She is not your wife any longer, and has no right to ask you who you give your number to.

As an aside, although it is a very important point....you should not have had sex with her, because it was clear to you that she was being a bit too close BEFORE the act. So, without being nasty, weren't you using her a little bit?

R
RobC Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Yes. Grow up. At this point, I think to a certain extent, we both should. We have 3 wonderful children who need TWO parents who are emotionally and spiritually positive for them. Hi Nina! You are right, I guess I kind of did user her. I dont think that was too gentlemanly of me. I shall apologize for not setting the boundary. Second thoughts! Hmmmmmmm. I have this sneaking suspicion that things will just go back to the way they were - unfortunately

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 788 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation