Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
((((((((((((Free))))))))))))
I am so sorry to hear of your loss, I am so glad to hear that your Dad knows the Lord, as he is now face to face with Him.
I will pray for you and your family, for strength and continued peace from the Lord.
How special that you were the last one to be with him. Cherish your times together, and know that he is in the presence of the Almighty!
God be with you and comfort you and yours...
Love in Christ, always SW

W
W
This morning, as I was praying through the "Miracle Hour of Prayer" I got a sense that there was a healing going on (big time) somewhere in this MS prayer thread. The words I got were "cleansing". Thank you Lord!

D.

L
L
Faithfulwife and others who have asked," why me"?
I must admit I have also done this. But I know better! Its just hard not to wonder if God has allowed these things.
First, I'm a prayer warrior involved in an online Christian group for almost 3 yrs. I've seen many prayers answered and healings, deliverance from demons and so on.
Yes! Demonic possession and oppression is very real!
What I really want to say, is when we ask "Why ME", we should remember satan is the ruler here on earth. He has been given this time here to do what he will, but his time is short.
Of course, we have the greatest power on our side, and he always has us safely in his hands.
Satan does these things to us! NOT God.
Satan enters very sneaky, slipping in on all sides through people we know and love.
There is free will to deal with as well. God will not just reach down and grab someone who is off on the wrong path unless and until they turn to him and ask him to change them! They have choices between the two, good or evil.
If one is a true Born Again Christian, the Holy Spirit will deal with that persons conscience, drawing them back from evils. But when one has no relationship with God, or has no maturity, they can and will fall by the wayside.
Are we under test? Yes, I think we are. Just read Job if you want to see a man of God tested beyond what we probably could stand!
His faith never wavered. In the end he was rewarded ten fold.
Belonging to Christ is not going to keep us from the ills of this world. In fact, being his puts us under more attack by satan to draw us away and lesses our faith.
The closer you draw to God, walk with him, the more you will be tried. I can guarantee it for the bible says so!
Stand fast though. For your redemption draweth nigh!
The hearts of the WS's are the ones that must change. And they may do so or may not. We can only pray for their eyes and ears to open to God. And God does answer prayers as you all know. But he is not going to deliberately make a person change. Not until they ask him personally to do so. Some have to hit rock bottom before they ask to be lifted out.
We can pray for God to open eyes, ears, hearts to the word. But it's like salvation. Nobody can do it for you. Only the person can ask and receive for themselves.
We can show by example, we can gently introduce the word of God, but we can't make them accept!
Some will learn, others will deny and go on until it's too late.
Anyone read the book, "Growing through Conflict" by Erwin W. Lutzer? Read it if you have not. It's the story of David.
It also addresses King Saul who wanted to serve God, but kept moving away until God allowed his heart to become hardened.
Some of our spouses are like this. There will come a time when God turns his back on them and allow them to follow their path right to the pits of hell.
Sadly, we don't want to see this happen, but they have the choice that is not in our control.
Only prayer for strength, to see us through it is our strongest weapon. I believe we can see changes through prayer, but we have to remember, God sometimes says NO! The most helpful prayer will be the one our WS's pray for themselves!
Some have the attitude that they can do as they wish for most of their lives, then run to God at the last moment. Sadly, that last moment may come before they go to God on their knees.
Do any of you pray deliverance prayers over your spouses? have you annointed your homes, spouses, children, everything to prevent satan's entrance?
I've seen it for myself. Deliverance works on many. Ask your pastors if they do this, if not, to direct you to a group that does.
Then you can also annoint your home and family for yourself as well. I have annointed my H while he was asleep!
When he was off on a trip, I just knew he was lying and with another woman. I prayed for God to intervene and make this relationship fail. I had many prayer warriors praying as well. Since my H professes to be saved, there was the hope that God would move the Holy Spirit on him to turn away. He did! But I think if he'd been a non believer,it just may not have been answered in the same way! Rebuke the Jezebel spirit as well.
For this is the one moving strongly throughout marriages at this time.
Love in Christ and God bless you all, LouLou

S
S
Hey everyone,

During your prayers today could you lift up my W. She quite going to our MC over a year ago and has only talked about going back once a few months ago.

Well she has been talking to her girlfrind and has recommended our MC to her. The appointment was made for today about 4 pm HST. My W called her and not only offered to drive her to the MC but insisted. Her friend has excellent directions and could easily make it on her own, but I guess I'm hoping my W will see MC today and make an appointment of her own and start counseling again. It sure would help us recover faster.

The other thing is that I've been having a hard time concentrating on praying today. Just wanted a little lift from you all.

Thanks,

S&C

W
W
LadyLou,

That was the best description that I have read. You have an excellent way to put your words on paper (or screen).
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Do any of you pray deliverance prayers over your spouses? have you annointed your homes, spouses, children, everything to prevent satan's entrance?
I've seen it for myself. Deliverance works on many. Ask your pastors if they do this, if not, to direct you to a group that does.
Then you can also annoint your home and family for yourself as well. I have annointed my H while he was asleep!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I had this same conversation with a prayer warrior friend today. She suggested reading the books " A pig in the parlor" and "Ridding your home of spiritual darkness". She is involved in a deliverance ministry with her husband. I told her that I didn't think much about spiritual warfare until the last year or so. I had my house annointed but after talking with my friend, feel there is more to do.

Thanks so much for sharing your insight!

God Bless,
D.

P
P
Thanks everyone for your prayers. I'm doing great. Hardly any pain. Got back to my mom's tonight around 8pm. Surgery went well for me and for my ex's wife. Wierd situation but it all worked out ok.

Now if I can survive a few days at mom's with 4 dogs, a nervous nelly mom and my 2 kids who never seem to have anything ironed to wear or homework done, all will be great.

Thanks again and I truly give the praise and glory to the Lord. I felt the prayers of many over the past 48 hours.

Lynn

G
G
Hello, All:

My priest came down to the ferry where I work and told me that my annulment had been approved by the diocese. I am no longer married to my ex in either a legal or ecclesiastical sense. I am totally free. Having said that, I feel that Satan is having a bit of a field day with me. Tonight at Mass, I was filled with resentment towards my ex and wondered why in the world I would ever hope or pray for the restoration of my marriage. Her mental abuse of me in the last months of our marriage and breakup were replayed in my mind with stunning vividness. Her infidelity, still denied, but confirmed by third parties, stung me afresh and like it was new again. A couple of the things that she did where really despicable and I feel all the pain again. I feel that it is God’s Will for me to pray, and stand, for this marriage, but I am having one heck of a time following that Will today. This woman is still distant and cold towards me. I do not feel like praying for her return or for her soul or for anything. I just want to leave her in my past and move on with my life(at this moment, anyway). I ask all of you to pray real hard for me that my heart does not become hard again (especially as this is Ash Wednesday!).
I feel as if I am being assaulted by Satan, please folks, pray for me.

Andy

C
cajunky Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hi...I have been a stranger to respond to everyone but I have been so busy tying to get this 6:33 program in order and going for church that I have had very limited time to be on computer.

Peoplepleaser.....I am glad to hear your surgery went well. I prayed that it would and that God would use it somehow to restore your marriage or at least let your husband notice you again. I will pray for your recovery.

Free.....I am so so so sorry for the loss of your father. I know it must have been hard but you did all you can do. Take comfort in knowing God used that situation to draw you and your husband closer together. It sounds like your dad was one heck of a guy. I can honestly say that it would have been a privilage to meet him and I can't wait to meet him in heaven.
I will pray for your family. I know the days ahead will be tough but remember that you have us praying for you.

Ephiphony.....Glad to have you join us.

Lupo.....You are right. We don't praise God near enough. If we really sat and thought just how God blesses us every single day and thought about just how big God is that we wouldn't doubt him for a minute.

Not my will......"Power of a Praying Husband" was a very powerful book for me too. I realized real quick how much my wife needed my prayers on a daily basis and how much she needed me to pray with her. I know it is easy to get discouraged about your stand but persevere through the rough times and you will grow like you never could have imagined. God will bless you for your trusting in him and having total faith.

Faithfulwife....thanks for the verses. The day I browsed through and read them was the one day I needed to read them the most.

WGTT.....Sounds like you had a great lunch. Words like that are so encouraging. I know all our marriages can be restored.

I know you guys have been through hell and I have put my wife through hell and I have been there too but I am just so believing that if we would put God in the middle of our restoration that he would heal all the hurt and bring us to a new place with our spouses that even we can't imagine.

My sister saw our youth pastor in a pizza place the other day and he said " What has happened to your brother". My sister said "What do you mean". He said " I have never seen him like this. He is really turning on and doing things like I have never seen before. God is using him so much right now." She said " I have my old brother back finally." I heard all this from my mom because my sister told her today. I told my mom " The great thing is I am loving it so much I never want to give it up. I haven't felt this way in a very long time."

I am praying for you all on a daily basis.

Love in Christ
cajunky

<small>[ March 05, 2003, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: cajunky ]</small>

L
L
Wow. I'd been avoiding this thread this week, though I continue to pray for everyone, because I've pretty much given up on my marriage. But I checked in tonight and so much has happened.

{{{{Free}}}} that must have been absolutely traumatic, having to deal with your dad's heart attack alone, driving 105 mph trying to get him to the hospital and then not getting there in time. I'm sure your dad is with God and it must have been his time, but I hope you're doing ok...

And CJ, thank you for the honesty in your posts. I wish we could all stay firm in our convictions all the time, but in reality, we're only human. I so empathize with your feelings about your H, having been through a lot of similar stuff. I have really been working hard to accept where he's at (wherever that is) and to forgive and let go with the faith that God is in control, not me.

To everyone else, I'm praying for your marriages and yes, cajunky, I pray for my own as well, but not for any specific outcome. I pray for God's will for all of us, including myself, my H, and the OW.

E
E
Yesterday was the worst day of my life. My wife told me that she no longer desired to continue with our marriage. I was devistated and did not see this coming. Maybe I was blind. We have struggled through our 4 year marriage. I made a horrible decision 1 year ago by having an affair that really pushed our troubles over the edge. We had tried to work through everything over this past year. The first six months went surprisingly well. Well enough that we decided to have another child. The last 6 have been up and down with the same issues we've always had. My wife tells me that she just cannot do it anymore, that it is effecting her behavior toward our daughter.

I cannot blame her for her feelings. I truely believe that we would be together always. I do not hate her. On the contrary, I love her so.
We have been talking about how to proceed with everything. It's all so overwhelming to me right now. I know what her wishes are and can respect them. Yet I do not want us to split. I asked her if she has given up on us and she nodded yes.

I haven't eaten in 2 days. Can barely get any liquids in me.

My initial thoughts were of our nearly 3 year old daughter and child on the way. Niether of us want them to be affected in any way. I fear it is inevitable. She believes it is workable. Her parents divorced when she was 2. And I will agree, my wife grew up to be one of the most wonderful people I have ever met. I do not want to miss a day of childrens life.

We still love each other, but her pain is still there. I have prayed everyday for the past year that God could help us through this and heal our souls.

I am trying to be accepting of the situation, yet it's not what I want so that makes it even more difficult. At this point, I feel as though the only thing I can hope for is to be actively involved in my children's lives. Maybe one day I can work through my issues and find a new place in my wife's heart.

I am asking for everyone's prayers for my wife, my children, myself, my family. I still believe a miracle can happen.

S
S
Dear E, Miracles do happen, God is faithful, keep your eyes on Him, we will pray for you here. Have you got a church you attend? Go and see your pastor, and get a network of people around you to pray for you. You need support. I know you'll get it here at MB. Hang in there, God will see you through.
God Bless, SW

W
W
I am overwelmed by the love and concern of WH's 4 brothers. They have been wonderful to me. Please pray for WH, BIL will attempt an intervention this weekend some time.

D.

E
E
Thank you Stillwaiting. I appreciate your prayers. I did stop by our church, at least the one we use to attend. I did not see our pastor yet but it is a good idea. I do not feel like we are worth giving up on. But if my wife truly believes that, then I will eventually have to accept it and move on. I still pray for that miracle.

L
L
WGTT, I'm praying for your WH and for your BIL, that God will be with him...

W
W
Let's Try,

Thanks for your prayers, it means a lot to me!

D.

F
F
Cajunky,

Can you please add me to the prayer group?

My husband and I were separated on October 28th. In the beginning there was a question of an EA. I have a huge problem with jealousy and he stated that there was nothing to the emails that I found and that he and an old friend were talking about their marriages. When I confronted the friend about it, I also sent him a copy of the email so that I would be very open in what I was doing. He became outraged and stated that I was controlling him, etc. He states that my jealousy and mistrust was the reason he was leaving.

Since him leaving he had been very adamant for the first 2 months that he was not coming home EVER. Then I broke down in front of him and he finally opened up to me and said that he was confused about what to do. We began to get closer and closer and he started coming and staying at our home on the weekends. Then one Sunday night I cried when he left and told him how hard it was to see him go. Since that time he has pulled away from me again. He says that he is still very confused and that when he is at our home he doesn't want to leave, but gets angry with himself for feeling that way. I've been in counseling since the very beginning and he did go and speak with my counselor one time. He now seems hesitant to go,however, we have talked about him needing to try to get his mind sorted out.

I gave him a letter last evening asking him to put aside all his feelings and fears and just let himself accept and give the love we have for each other. I asked him if he would be willing to commit to counseling for 2 months at least. I'm waiting for a response.

I am feeling rather used and mistreated at times. At other times I see that he shows me he cares in the only way he feels safe doing. He has stated he doesn't feel it's fair to me if he stays here and makes me think that everything is going to be O.K. when he just doesn't know what he wants.

So, my prayer would be that he is able to begin to take the time to really think this over and to search his heart. I believe in doing so, he'll find it's right here with me. I pray that his heart is softened and that he agrees to go to counseling so we can further work on our relationship and our marriage.

I want so badly for our marriage to be restored, however, I'm not sure how long I can keep on like this.

If you need any further info. you may contact me at littlehollywood_70 @hotmail.com

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,093 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation