Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74681 02/21/01 01:34 AM
S
sosorry Offline OP
OP Offline
S
My husband and I are both survivors of affairs. I had one-he retaliated-they are over and we are back together-mostly happy. Our "others" were both people we work with. I no longer work with mine, he still works side by side with his. I have a "chip on my shoulder" regarding his work. During the time we were having trouble...they were all taking him out...partying...telling him he could do better..etc. (they all are a decade younger than us). Anyway, I find it hard to send him to work, but do and try to be supportive (ask him how his day went...get involved etc.) The problem I am having is now women he works with (that were not aware of this situation)-are contacting him by instant messenger at least daily. We'll be on the computer together...and one of his "buddies" chime in...they will talk about work and always his other is mentioned in passing or they will forward e-mails that were also forwarded to her. My side is that I feel my living room is "our space" and I am tired or reminders every day of her nor do I feel it is appropriate that his female friends (who do not even know me) contact him daily. It, too me, would be like calling him every night just to chat. He thinks I am being unjustly jealous and insecure. He has given me no reason to feel that way since we have reunited. Am I wrong-am I being overly jealous and am I making everything worse by complaining about it? Thanks for your insight.

#74682 02/22/01 08:28 PM
W
W
You are correct in feeling that you space at home is your space and not to be infultrated by "outside sources." Have you tried turning the computer off or at least signing on in invisible mode.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 893 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation