Hi
I also read the book "Emotional Infidelity" by Neuman. This same problem happened before I read it, although to a much much more milder degree. My husband had an online friend with the same academic and career background. They used to talk about computer stuff and even called each other "twin". I even met the woman and her husband a few times. They lived across country so there was little chance for contact. Well this woman wanted to go into business with my husband. My husband has always been radically honest and had told the woman that whatever she told him he would tell me. Well, she wrote a few inappropriate things in an email to him which she thought was private. She forgot my husband shows me everything. I got suspicious of her motives. After much discussion my husband agreed that what she said was inappropriate and working with her would just be problematic. Even though he was not attracted to her, he realized he had no control over her feelings for him. He also realized that spending time with her and enjoying the success of inventing a new product or building a business would create too much intimacy with her. He broke off all contact with her and has forgone the possibility of making a substantial sum of money in her business venture. One's marriage is not for sale for any amount of money.
Teresa