Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#770501 05/09/04 02:29 AM
J
OP Offline
J
I'm going to Chicago. That's where my wife is, right now, and that's where I'm going.
Her parents asked me to come out there a while back, and now, she has, too.
My wife and I had quite the conversation tonight. We talked for about two hours about everything... we were both crying for most of that time (which is good, because she never did that before... cried with me, that is), and she opened up to me about things she's never told me before. I think I may have finally got through to her.
I'm both afraid and excited about the whole thing. The even remote possibility that we could be relocating out there... and, together, no less... has got me going in so many directions. I need to remember what I've learned here... because, this will be my Normandy. 'Do or die trying' time.

One thing, however... she confessed to me that she had cheated on me once... while we were still together. I've known that it happened for a while, now... but, I went along with her cover-ups until she was ready to confess. She admitted to it, apologized, and asked me to forgive her.
I didn't yell, or get upset, or anything. I just calmly told her; "I know, already. I forgive you.". And, that was the end of it. That will always be the end of it. I'd already decided a long time ago that once she owned up to it, that I would leave it behind.

The main point of mine in all of this is that I just don't give a damn about who was right, or wrong, or who was mistreated at any given time. I just want my family back, I want us away from this god-awful city, and I want to move forward, and treat eachother with the proper love and respect we both deserve.
I made sure to tell her that I believe she's worth it. I reminded her that I promised to love her for the rest of my life, no matter what... and that is exactly what I'm going to do.

Please pray for me. Tomorrow will be my last day in Vegas.

#770502 05/09/04 09:03 AM
F
F
Yea, Jarod!!! That's great.

I truly believe that as long as two people are communicating, all is never lost. I'm so happy for you.

Big ol' hug!

#770503 05/09/04 10:01 AM
E
E
Bravo!!!
Blessings for the both of you. May God show the both of you the path towards forgiveness and reconciliation. We'll be wanting an update! Remember we are here for the good and bad news.

#770504 05/09/04 10:17 AM
C
C
Jared- You are amazing at what you are proposing and going to make happen. Good luck, and God Bless you in this journey. I pray for success. Charlene

#770505 05/24/04 09:17 AM
J
OP Offline
J
sorry for the thread ressurection...

I was right about the whole 'Normandy' thing. For the first four days, I had to fight with every ounce of strength, and every tool and weapon I was given by the people and articles on this site.
I know it sounds a little mellodramatic, but I was so emotionally, and mentally exhausted for those four days, that it almost did literally kill me. Even when she said "yes" to me... I felt like my mind and body just wanted to give up.

I feel like a war veteran. She has certainly honored me like one, lately.

#770506 05/24/04 09:21 AM
J
OP Offline
J
the best part about it is this;
the whole thing right now... is happening because she chose it on her own. The things I said and did helped... but, not much. The deciding factor, just like I wanted it to be, was her own mind and will.
It's kind of depressing to know that all my efforts over the last 4 months, and especially in the final four days of the separation, amounted to less than 5% of us getting back together... but, I always knew that was the case. I had to fight like that, though... it's what a warrior does.

#770507 05/24/04 10:13 AM
N
N
Jarod, the MB principles you learned may account for only 5% of why you got back together, but using these tools may be 95 - 100% responsible for a marriage better than you ever imagined. And a better person all around.

Chicago is close to Minnesota. Perhaps you can go to the MB seminar in July, as a honeymoon to celebrate your new start.

Good Luck.

#770508 05/24/04 11:47 AM
K
K
Thank you for posting this. It is so nice to hear a success story. My WH moved out last night and I wonder how I will go on. I believe that we can be happy again and maybe with time he will to. It helps to hear that it worked out for you.

I wish you both the best. Also, I hope you guys are going to start marriage counseling so you can ensure that this doesn't happen again.

Best wishes.

#770509 05/25/04 07:29 AM
J
OP Offline
J
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by newly:
<strong> Jarod, the MB principles you learned may account for only 5% of why you got back together, but using these tools may be 95 - 100% responsible for a marriage better than you ever imagined. And a better person all around.

Chicago is close to Minnesota. Perhaps you can go to the MB seminar in July, as a honeymoon to celebrate your new start.

Good Luck. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So true. I'm applying them in everything that happens. How could I ever stop after seeing what it has done for us so far?

July in MN, huh? I can't see why that should be a problem. I'm sure we'll be there.

now... kloe72... just read my sig, and take that quote to heart. That's one of the things that got me through this mess. I'm sure those words will help you out, too.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 597 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation