|
|
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 610
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 610 |
Hi all,<p>What you are you going to do for Valentine's day?<p>I made a card for husband that talked about all the wonderful memories we have, how they warm my heart and how I think that there are even better times ahead for us.<p>I am also going to stop calling myself and thinking of myself as the BS and him as the WS. We are both "ex-s" I am a formerly betrayed spouse and he is a formerly wayward spouse. I don't know why it took me so long to realize this. I saw a long time ago that the OW was actually the ex-OW or xOW. For me, words have power. They shape our thoughts and our thoughts shape our feelings. Putting the ex infront of her "title" helped put her in her place--the past, a ghost (yes the ghost still haunts me sometimes, but at least she isn't still living in our lives.)<p>So, sign me as "MJ-the ex-BS"<p>Happy Valentine's Day to all.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 741
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 741 |
Good Morning, MJ!!<p>I have a card for H that I bought 2 wks ago. I have it hidden in our closet.. LOL I plan on giving it to him when he gets home in the morning.(he works 3rd shift) <p>As for the rest of my Valentine's Day... I am working *sigh* and then [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] I am going to spend the rest with H and Lil Bit!<p>I don't know if H is planning anything. But I wouldn't be surprised. I would be if he forgot!!! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img]
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 293
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 293 |
Well, I bought my h a card and a Chocolate Bart Simpson.<p>What I am really planning on doing is making him a special dinner with shrimp, spinach, portobella mushrooms, and pasta in lemon butter sauce... (This by the way, is the best entree on the menu at Macaroni Grill...yummy!). Then for dessert I am making a really yummy chocolate cake... Let me know if you want the recipe...this is delish! It will be served with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. <p>Today, h says he wants to go shopping (which was a surprise because he's not much for shopping). We went to the mall and lo and behold he walks into Sears towards the jewelery dept... He bought me some beautiful 1 carat diamond earrings...I was already happy with my 1/2 carats that i bought myself years ago, but I was so happy and shocked!!! I kind of felt bad that he was spending so much on me, but then i thought about it a little more, and it didn't bother me one bit!<p>Happy Valentine's Day to all!<p>[ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: mnca6713julia3 ]</p>
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 107
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 107 |
H is taking me out to dinner at our favorite dining spot. We are bringing 3 year old ds with us. I bought H something he really wants from ebay.<p>Last night he went out shopping for me. Now, he's not good at buying gifts but I think this year he gave it some effort. I'll let you know tomorrow. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I'm actually excited about Valentine's Day tomorrow.<p>Thanks for asking.<p>Take care, Why
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 1999
Posts: 2,430
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 1999
Posts: 2,430 |
MJ--excellent point about ex-s. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] Sometimes words DO make a difference.<p>Julia--can I come over for dinner?! Just kidding [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] Sounds great!<p>DH and I decided to not do anything because the mail system is taking 5 weeks between us and money is tight. I'll be taking my ds to sports practice. Oh well, we're taking a week's vacation when he gets back.<p>Best wishes to all J
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,303
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,303 |
Hang in there Jenny, your darling hubby will be back before you know it! <3<3<3<p>MJ I LIKE your new attitude!<p>Well, we are actually going over some dear friends' house to babysit their kids so that they can go out on a romantic date. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I'm sure they are looking forward to a nice, quiet date without the kids, with no pressure, no worries, no kids barfing at the restaurant... [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 903
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 903 |
BTDT...wanna come over after you are finished there and watch our four kids while we go out too??? Your friends are very blessed indeed...I cannot imagine a restaurant trip without one kid or another barfing etc....lol...<p>Sounds like a nice Card, MJ...I might do something like that next year or so...Lord willing, if I get to feeling better...<p>Julia....new earrings sound nice...please have Your H e-mail Mr. Twiisty and explain to him that sometimes wives like to get things like that...(j/k) you are very blessed!<p>Stacia and Why...hope your day was fun and exciting and "unexpectedly good"...heh heh...<p>Jenny...I hope your son's practice goes well and I know that you will have a good vacation later...plan a good one!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>As for me, I bought my hubby three "funky" boxers...one from the kids (Scooby Doo) one with electric guitars all over them and the other with kisses all over them...I also bought him two cards...one with "sentiment heart stuff" and the other I thought was cute that said,.... "Sweetie...for valentine's day....I got you TWO things......" (inside the card it reads [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>HOT and BOTHERED........roflol....he thought that was neat...lol.....<p>I also bought him the book, "The Power of a Praying Husband" by Stormie O'Martin...Her book "The Power of a Praying Wife" helped me out so much I knew that my hubby might be interested in a praying book for me....wifey-poo....lol....I pray that the Lord would use it in His timing for Mr. T and that I figured I could always use more prayers myself.<p>I got a card that was nice, that only my Hubby could have picked out for me...Mr. T picked this one:<p>"I know that I'm forgetful throughout the busy year, and neglect to say those "little things" that you might like to hear, But on this day, I want to say that you will always be...the sweetest one---the only one in all the world for me...Happy Valentine's Day....Mr. T<p>and I got the ho-hum....USUAL giant heart-shaped box of candy...but I will never complain again because for two years...I didn't get a thing from him due to his stress over keeping our pyschotic OW placated so she wouldn't call me while pregnant...he was afraid I would miscarry...<p>I have a lot to be thankful for and I look forward to better Valentine's Days ahead...<p>Oh, by the way...Mary Janes??? I love the idea of ex-being before our respective titles now..because our EX-OW....is just that..... Thank y'all for the inspiration and friendships I have found on this most difficult of all forums...<p>Hugs to y'all....praying for y'all and Happy Valentine's Day.....(and if you don't get anything from your sweetheart....buy something for yourself and tell yourself it's from God because God loves you, finds you fascinating and He will shower you with all you need!) Hugs.... Twiisty [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img]
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 709
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 709 |
Hello, I just got back from H work. I was trying to get there before lunch but that did not work. I wanted to surprise him. I was 5 minutes late. I bought him a card, a big hersey kiss and some chocalates and left it on his desk. He gave me a card this morning. I wanted to go out tonight but he has to work until 11:00 p.m. He was suppose to do it yesterday but it gto cancelled for today.<p>I think on saturday we willl go out. The zoo here is free that day and it has been so nice here that I am thinking taking the kids. I believe it is close to 50 degrees here in WI. <p>I am not sure about the weather it is nice one day and is freezing the next. The snow alll melted away again. Funny it remains me of my feelings.<p>Dawn
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 1,169
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 1,169 |
I got mine a card that says Know what I love most on valentines day? Inside it has a mirror. Now isnt that sweet and the really good part is a feel it for real finally!<p> I dont know what we're doing its a surprize. The flower shop just dropped off a giant teddybear with roses for me and a frog with roses for our 6 yr old. <p> I already got something that made this day the best. Yesterday I was having one of those crappy days. You know the kind we all have when something triggers us. I didnt have to say a thing h just seems to know and does his best to make it better. He took us out to dinner and after little one went to bed we headed for the hottub.] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] Its in the back yard hope the neighbors didnt look out there windows. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Happy valinetines Everyone! With love, Flowerseed<p>[ February 14, 2002: Message edited by: flowerseed ]</p>
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 901
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 901 |
Im going to work today...about to be off, but when I get home I think I am going to puke! [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Had to add my 2 cents...<p>Love bw
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,884
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,884 |
I'm in the same "boat" as Jenny. Although, mail has been a little quicker for us. I sent Sailorman a heart shaped, cinnamon scented candle, with instructions that he is to bring it home to me so that we may light it together! It stands for V-day and our anniversary on March 18th(13 yrs!) That along with some Granola bars, and Kudos bars, and a couple magazines. He is hoping to get it today, as they are getting some mail today.<p>I am going to spend the actual day with the kiddos, our dog, cat, and my friend's dog(puppy sitting till Tues). I may do something special with the older kids.<p>2 Months to go, and I can "light" that candle!!!!!<p> Hope you all have a wonderful V-day!<p>Love,<p>Tigger
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 1999
Posts: 2,430
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 1999
Posts: 2,430 |
BinThere, That is cool! As a mom, I feel much better going out if I know my little one(s) are happy in their own beds. What an angelic thing to do! I hope you and hubby do something special this weekend. <p>tigger, we're on a similar timeframe--looking forward to candlelighting too! [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>best wishes to all, J
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,303
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,303 |
We had fun. Oldest (OC) put the twins to bed at our home while we helped out with our friends' 4 kids at their home. They were such good kids. So mannerly and well-behaved. My goodness, I got convicted! <p>At one point, I was (VERY) distracted with the screaming infant who was screaming and screaming... Did I tell you she was SCREAMING??? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] When the 4-year old softly said, "Excuse me, Miss BtDt..." It was amazing how that caught my full attention. Decided to teach that little trick to my own kids on the spot! They interrupt and we constantly give in because of their special needs, but still, theres no excuse for them not to learn politeness, huh? It starts at home. The lessons on politeness, values & morals...<p>We read a story about the baby who learned to use the potty and the big brother was pinching his nose. One of the kids said, "That's not nice..." and I thought... Hmmm... We are always doing that in MY house! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] (You know, telling someone that they STINK!) So anyways, it was quite a learning experience for me! A refresher on politeness & manners, I guess...<p>Another thing was this family never eats in front of the TV. I let the big one sit at the kitchen counter to eat seconds and she commented on how she could see the TV from there! I could tell it was her first time probably ever eating in front of the TV! She was SEVEN! WOW... We do have family meals at the table, but we also eat in front of the TV pretty regularly... Oh well, maybe that is something we can work on too...<p>Overall, it was a delightful experience and when the parents got home they were SO happy to have had a night out where they could actually spend time reading a menu and deciding on their meal in peace. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] Imagine that?<p>Thanks Jenny, yes, I could tell the kids were happy not to have their routine too greatly disturbed. It all worked out very well.<p>Twiisty, what time do you want us over???<p>Seriously, ever since we discovered MB and have seen how applying the concepts have improved our marriage, we understand what couples need (time together) and try to encourage them in any way we can! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
|
|
|
Moderated by Ariel, BerlinMB, Denali, Fordude, IrishGreen, MBeliever, MBsurvivor, MBSync, McLovin, Mizar, PhoenixMB, Toujours
|
0 members (),
301
guests, and
41
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
| |
Most Online9,682 May 13th, 2026
|
|
|
|