Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 133
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 133
Anybody else feel like OP is better than you? my W's OM is young (late 30s), attractive, a body builder, has a great personality, wealthy and retired. My kids love him. Heck, if he wasn't the OM I would like him too.<P>As for me, my kids love me. That may be the only thing which saves my marriage and I don't know if that's enough. This is why Plan B really scares me.

Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 483
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 483
NO WAY!!! —I say this with all sincerity & no pain or envy—; W's OP is:<P>1. Needy<BR>2. A 40-yr. old adolescent<BR>3. Bad looking<BR>4. Selfish<BR>5. Corny (although OP thinks her stuff is romantic)<BR>6. Pushy<BR>7. Some etceteras that I rather not mention<P>W says OP is great in bed (ouch!!!), but that's something you learn with practice (I am not practicing right now) & technique (something that can be learned).<P>ALEX<P>------------------<BR><B>Live fully and always learn</B>

Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 181
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 181
OH yes indeedie do I feel other person is better than me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<P>She's younger, not by much.<BR>She's got bigger breasts, by much.<BR>She's got a great paying job.<BR>She's intelligent.<P>Need I go on, [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>she seems to be everything I'm not and she gives him what he wants,<BR>I know it's my lack of self-esteem talking [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] but what do you expect when your rejected by the person you love? <P>------------------<BR>Peg

Joined: Apr 1999
Posts: 813
L
Lu Offline
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Apr 1999
Posts: 813
Hi Hopeful,<P> Oh yeah....sounds like the OP is MUCH better than you....NOT...He's having an affair with a married woman.....he sounds trustworthy , honorable,unselfish(wish I could convey sarcasm here).......LU

Joined: May 1999
Posts: 1,323
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: May 1999
Posts: 1,323
hopefull_1,<BR> Doesn't matter if he looks like Ricky Martin.....he has no integrity.You'll always be the better person,don't forget that.<BR> --Murph

Joined: Jun 1999
Posts: 2,580
R
RWD Offline
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 1999
Posts: 2,580
Don't forget that your spouse has temporary(?) insanity and of course the op is "better" than you. Why wouldn't they leave us for someone better.<P>Remember when we met our spouses we were the best things since sliced bread. <P>This too will pass. It is a temporary feeling that op is better.<P>------------------<BR>"You can't always get what you want! But if you try real hard,you might just find, you get what you need!"<BR>Mick Jagger

Joined: Jul 1999
Posts: 299
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jul 1999
Posts: 299
HELL NO !!!!<BR>I would never take someone else's husband, ever !!! So noooooooo waaaaaaayyyyyy can she be better than me, besides who is my husband with now ????? HER I think NOT !!!!!!!! ME oh yeeeesss, hope she learnt her lesson.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Good always prevails over evil !!!<BR>Jenny<P>------------------<BR>Where have all the cowboys gone ?<BR>Paula Cole<P><BR>

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 660
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 660
What you are feeling is normal. But OM is on his best behavior. He sounds OK by your description but he is a homewrecker, a wife stealer and to be retired at his age? He will get bored of your W in no time, he is a LOSER.

Joined: Apr 1999
Posts: 5,798
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Apr 1999
Posts: 5,798
Let's see...low morals, no morals, low character, party babe, more lovers in the last year than I've had in my life, she can't even be faithful to my H...nope she's not better.

Joined: May 1999
Posts: 1,965
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: May 1999
Posts: 1,965
Young and attractive...nothing to do with worth.<P>Body Builder...may be interested in fitness and good health...or he may be self centered and adores his own body. He also may value great beauty over anything else in women.<P>Great personality...meaning a suave sophisticated smooth talker? That's social technique...not his true colors. How is his moral character? I rest my case.<P>Wealthy and retired. May be he worked hard and deserves every penny he has. But if he has unlimited play time, and low morals, he isn't going to be interested in your wife a lifetime. There will always be someone prettier, someone younger and unless she dumped the kids...they would get in his way.<P>Of course you can't point this out to your wife, she doesn't see it this way...but if she leaves you for him, she is will get dumped by him or cheated on by him. <P><P>------------------<BR>Faith, Hope, Love Remain,<BR>but the greatest of these is Love.<BR>1 Corinthians 13:13

Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 1,299
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 1,299
I think every betrayed person probably has feelings of inferiority at some point in the discovery process. In my case, the OW is 11 years younger, much thinner (almost anorexic), and much more impressed with my husband than I am. She is also much tackier, more jealous, and completely disloyal.<P>Keep in mind that the betraying spouse is only seeing the things about the OP that the OP wants them to see. There are no financial, household, or children's problems to contend with. Sure, the OP looks good now, but what about when real life sets in. Who can really be counted on when your spouse needs someone, a loyal partner or a lying cheat?<P>The important things about a person are what is in their heart and soul. Everything else is just fluff anyway.<P>Peppermint

Joined: Apr 1999
Posts: 1,189
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Apr 1999
Posts: 1,189
NO WAY is the OP better than me!<P>OW is needy, low self-esteem, unattractive, uneducated, unintelligent, red-neck inbred trash, worn-out looking, built like a man, psycho...etc. etc. etc.<P>My H even says that she has NOTHING over me and that I am the better person in every way.<P>He was drinking daily when he was involved with her. The only thing that she had over me, is that she "enabled" my H's drinking, while I did not.<P>Thank the lord that my H is doing his best to work on his addiction and that we are in recovery.

Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 133
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 133
<B>Lu</B><BR>Sarcasm ----> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>You're right. In fact, all of you are right. I'm here at work reading your replies with tears in my eyes. Thanks for reminding me that integrity is important, and faithfulness is important, and determination and persistance and dedication to family are important and love is not an emotion it is a *decision*. MY WIFE KNOWS THIS.<P>

Joined: Dec 1969
Posts: 426
M
mkn Offline
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 1969
Posts: 426
He is better.... in every catagory....

Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 176
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 176
Despite opinions from those who 'know' both me and OP, I am better. Sorry, don't feel better. H talks about how he has everything so much better now that he is happily with OW. more attractive, smarter, and better to him than me - are his words. <P>Sometimes I think a homewrecker couldn't be better than me - but she has the man I love, so what is it?<P>Try to keep your head up anyway. My opinion for the moment is that NO ONE could be better than the person who stands up and fights for what they believe in, including their marriage vows.


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 301 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Separation
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:24 PM
beverage sizes in large office
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:22 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0