Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Just curious if anyone out here has any stories on psychic reading they can share with us in regards to their marital situation.<P>I have been to two different psychics within the last 4 months and they both told me the same thing in regards to my husband. Very strange. I have never been a big believer in psychic but I was out with a few friend and they convinced my to go for fun.<P>They both said that my h is having mental problems and that something soon will make him realize he needs help. They both said he has trouble communicating. At that time, he will get away from OW and go be by himself and get the psychological help he truly needs. After that he will come back to me and I will love the changes I see in him and we will together forever very happily. <P>As much as I want to believe that, I have a hard time. Although, I keep holding onto the wonderful life together we did have for 19 years together until this OW entered his life. Both Psychics also said she is crazy and extremely possesive of his every move.<P>Another note, my h attorney called my attorney the other day to talk about our case and they both decided that a psychological evaluation will need to be ordered on my h since custody is an issue in our case based on the very erratic behavior of my h and OW. My h attorney asked him why he was having this affair and what was wrong with his marriage? He replied to him that he loves me and the kids,that we had a wonderful marriage and that I was a saint and a wonderful wife, but when it comes to this OW, he just can't control himself. That statement alone was all his attorney needed to hear to suggest this evaluation. <P>I'm beginning to wonder if there might be something to these psychic reading afterall?

V
V
I've never been to see a psychic before, but I do believe that there are certain people in the world that can see special things. In your case, it does sound like these psychics hit the nail on the head. Very cool.<P>------------------<BR>You can't live with them, you can't kill them!<BR>Viki

S
S
Mystic77--Personally, I'd say there are very few really good psychics but this is in my own experience. My mom has a "psychic" friend who reads for her all the time but I think he's only seeing what she's either wishing or feeling at the time. He knows her too well. <P>On the other hand, I saw a psychic 4 or 5 months ago who was very accurate about myself, my family, and my situation without any previous information from me. I asked her about 10 questions, gave her no details about me or my questions and I brought along photos of my family. I believe in what she told me. I don't believe in my mom's friend. <P>I think the important thing is to trust your own instincts and if you want your husband to come home, use the information you've been given by the psychics as well as continue to work on yourself to create the goal you want. Thoughts and wishes are very powerful and we have the power to create our own reality IMHO. Maybe the psychics you've seen are giving you a key. Only you know. It is interesting that they both said similar things. <P>I hope and wish only the very best for you and your family. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Y
Y
Here is the other side... a betrayer's (me) visit to the psychic. <P>I was always skeptical... that is UNTIL... I finally went to one. I had only heard about her, never met her, and I was appointment #5. No names were given. She is a very popular woman who people have talked very well about... I went a couple of times during my "Meltdown" as I like to call it.<P>The very first time in my life that I ever went to her, I hadn't even sat down yet and the first thing out of her concerned, soft spoken mouth was, "Who's the blonde haired man?" <P>Well... my knees went weak and I told her, "A friend". She wasn't buying it...<BR>She proceeded to tell me that he was in love with me and that I had very strong feelings toward him also. But then she asked me who the dark haired man was.. "My Husband," I replied.<P>She told me that my H was very confused with my behavior. He was thinking that I was on drugs and she didn't mean prescription drugs because he couldn't understand. She said, he was a good man, a devoted man, and he loved me very much and was hurting very badly and he didn't know what to do. That he was lashing out in violent ways towards me because of his frustration... <P>She also said, that I was going to get a divorce if I kept heading in the direction that I was. (what was really scary to me was the look on her face.. of total fear!) She said I was drinking far too much. I needed to NOT drink anything at all and then added that she doesn't usually say things like this, but it would kill me if I didn't stop. This was serious! (ALRIGHTY THEN!! Scared me to death!)<P>She asked why I was so depressed and why was I trying to destroy my marriage... Well... needless to say, I was in tears by the time I left... and whether it be true or not, I left with a feeling that I NEEDED TO CHANGE!<P>I took out a pic of OM and asked her to do a reading on him. She told me that he was NO good for me. And that he was having an affair with a blond haired woman. (I am Brunette and so is his x-wife) <P>If nothing else.... it started me back on track to getting my marriage back in order. Once I stopped drinking so much (Because of my guilt) things started to clear up and made much more sense, naturally.<P>Mind you, the readings weren't the only contributing factors in my straightening out my life. There were other things involved, but I think everyone should at least try it once... It is a real eye opener....<P>The things they tell you are not set in stone. But it is how they see things at the particular time. There is always room for change...<P><p>[This message has been edited by Lacee (edited May 10, 2000).]

J
J
Psychics, mystisim, prophets, they have gone by many names. Yes I believe they do exist because God has used visions and revilations to get his message across. But there is more than one way to skin a cat and not all visions come from God. I don't know your religious faith, but if I had to put a word to mine it would be diest. Even that doesn't quite fit. But what I have learned about psychis is:<BR><UL TYPE=SQUARE><BR><LI> They can only tell you what you know. You may not know that you know it, but you have been exposed to the knowledge before.<BR><LI> The things they predict can be changed. <BR><LI> Beware of self-fullfilling prophices. Fate has a sick sense of humor.<BR></UL><P>and finally a warning: the more you open yourself to these things, the more you leave yourself open. It's like opening a door to see what is outside, the open door lets the outside in. So protect yourself.

A
A
Mystic77,<BR>Please email me directly (jlsr100199@yahoo.com). I would like to share something regarding this topic with you. Whatever you do, please be very careful. You are playing with the enemy.

M
OP Offline
M
Why do you feel I am playing with danger? I don't feel all that comfortable sending you a direct e mail because my real name is attached to it. I don't want that getting out. <P>I am interested in why you think this is dangerous? I am sure you would be benefiting others as well if you fill us in. Once again, I went more for entertainment purposes. I was very impressed i have to say., This person told me many things about myself that only my family members that have passed would know. She was dead on about everything. Please help me to understand why you think this is bad... Thanks

C
C
This topic hads been addressed here before & it went on for a long time. A few tempers were flared because of the religious discussions.<P>I believe Alcoholic's Wife wants to tell you messing with psychics is the work of Satan and can only lead to an extremely dangerous (spiritually) situation.<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>Marriage & Relationship Resources</A>

P
P
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mystic77:<BR><B>Just curious if anyone out here has any stories on psychic reading they can share with us in regards to their marital situation.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I would be skeptical. I went to a few. Anything to find some answers! NONE of them told me what was going on. In fact, one of them told me that I was holding on to past hurts and if I didn't change MY ways, I would lose my husband. What?! (I am not the cheater).<P>Maybe I wasn't specific enough. I asked them to tell me about "my relationship." Still, the affair lasted too long for it to be overlooked and there was a CHILD. How could they miss that?<P>I got two readings from the same woman about 2-3 months apart. Exact same readings each time. I guess she was right about what she said, but she didn't tell me what I NEEDED to know.<P>Are their real ones out there? Definitely, but few and far between. My mother is dead on the money when she reads, but she doesn't like to read for her kids. She doesn't want to know if there is any bad news.<P>Along the same lines though, has anyone ever had a past life regression done to see what karmic ties they have to their spouse? <BR>

T
T
Hey Missy, thanks for responding to my post!! I'm not sure how I feel about psychics. I think that there are people who have been given that "gift". I also agree that it can open you up to the negative or evil if you will. <P><BR>I happen to have always been interested in dreams. I pay attention to mine. (that is itself would be a long story)<P>My H came home from his trip that led to the "possession" and had nightmares. In fact, the first night he was home I noticed it. I had actually noticed a difference in him immediately upon his return. He even told me after he got off the plane that he felt disconnected.<P>He has had a few nightmares since then. I witnessed them when he still lived here and also when we were on spring break.<P>I've slept with him for 13 years and he has never had them before. He was truly yelling out in his sleep. He told me one was coming face to face with death.<P>So if you have any interesting dreams,post them to me. I love to discuss dream interpretation.<P>Now back to the psychic. The one thing she definately got was that HE HAS A PROBLEM.<P>HE really needs to see a counselor. You would have to search and find someone that he would believe in. <P>MY H denied having aproblem at first. I actually "convinced" him into seeing a counselor by telling him he needed to find a good way to tell the kids he was moving out. He went with that goal, and he has now been going for 4 months. He finally admitted to me last week that he has a problem.<P>My H is very analytical. I searched for someone who was smart, Had a lot of experience and credentials and in this case for someone that specialized in men's issues or MLC.<P>My H is the kind of guy who wants to believe he can figure out what the problem is himself. He is smart and has about 22 years of education. I really had to find someone that he would look to for answers. <P>If you can find any way to be the one to help your H find a counselor do it. Really interview the people. I know you are hurt, I am too, but you really know your H, probalbly better than himself. Keep looking at this like it is an "illness". Feel for him alittle and in his pain (see my response to your response to my response (can you follow that)) see if you can find that window and very non threateningly, give him a few names of people to go to. <P>He does need to go to counseling Missy. You know it, his family and friends know it. He just hasn't admitted it to himself yet. I am encouraged by his looking bad. I remember S.Harley saying this to me about the really fantastical affairs. He said " they crash really hard". I asked him how you can make them face reality when they will not give up OP. He said " What do you do when a drug addict will not give up the drug??" I said I didn't know. He said " you wait for them to crash". <P>I think it is pretty obvious when they begin to crash. What they look like (miserable), how they sound (miserable) is a clue. <P>I am asking you to stop personalizing this!!! He has a problem... He is depressed or suffering from low self esteem or a lack of confidence or all of the above.<P>TRy now to be his friend. Especially if he is miserable. Bring your hurt here!!! Start by being his friend. <P>Very gently, get this man to a counselor. you have got to do it. Find someway to convince him, but make sure you find a good "fit". Again, I mean that you know your H. Talk to them and see if you can find the right one for him.<P>I am currently interviewing couples counselors. I think I found one today. I know the things that really bug my H. and this guy (I went for a man, not a woman) sounds just right. You will know....believe that!!!!

S
S
Hi Mystic -<P>Ooooh, this is all so interesting!!<P>I have gone to a few psychics in my life. Some eerily good and some blatently bad!!!<P>A true and good psychic's mission is exactly as Joe in TX said.....they only tell you what you already know - even if you don't realize it yet!! They guide you to follow your natural instincts. They jolt you into doing some thinking for yourself!!!<P>There are some who will mention things or people that we have not come across yet but soon will.....<P>For example - Before I met H (about 2 years before) I went with a friend to a well known and elderly woman "seer". She was legendary in our area for three generations!!! My friend was the one who really wanted the reading about her fiancee and I just went as a hoot!<P>This woman was more interested in me for some reason....she told me all about the dard haired man with a uniform and a badge.....my current boyfriend was dark-haired, had a company uniform and n ID badge for work so I thought it was him. She told me about a great love with turmoils and rocky roads but "oh, what a love" (her exact words - I can still see her and hear her saying them!!)<P>Anyway.....turns out my now husband is who she meant!!! I confirmed this cuz I went back to see her after I met him and she knew that I was at "destiny's door".<P>Did she tell me what I knew? Well, yes - when she spoke of my part in things for I know how I am. But she went beyond to tell some things about the future......<P>Do most do this accurately? I don't believe so....I think that TRUE seers are few and far between. This woman talked to me without charge when she went past the alloted 45 minutes and kept me for 2 1/2 hours!! The next time I saw her was at no charge at all!!<P>That is a true seer and helpful soul!!<P>She was also very religious....very respectful of "the powers that be". She did not preach or anything....just small references and always ending by saying to walk in God's path. <P>I have been to other good ones..never quite her caliber, but OK nonetheless.<P>The bad ones are pretty easy to see if you are not to emotionally distraught.<P>NEVER go to a psychic if you are so vulnerable emotionally!!! Please heed that advice for it will save you both money and sanity in the end!!!<P>I have learned how to read tarot cards and have had them read for me also...Most readings turned out to be very accurate. <P>I sparked up when I saw Popeye's regression inquiry....I have wanted to do this for a long time now. Not to many reputables in my area however. I even went so far as to find instructions on how to do it yourself....I am too chicken to do it however. There are a lot of variables and things can go wrong when you play with your psychi ignorantly!!!! <P>If someone has done this - either with a professional or self....I would love to hear about it.<P>I guess Mystic - the best advice is that psychics, like anything else can either hurt you or help you in becoming all you can be. Their words are merely tools that you can choose to use to your betterment of positivity and actions to get you to your goals for yourself or to your detriment with false hopes and inactivity to work towards your goals.<P>It is all what you do with your own self that really determines your path.<P>BIG HUGS,<P>Sheba

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 497 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation