Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
o2bsane Offline OP
OP Offline
O
<BR>My W recently bought tickets to a concert coming up next week. She bought two tickets: One for herself, and one for my daughter. This was to be a reward for straight A's on my daughter's report card. This was done without my knowledge...I found out after the fact. That's not really a problem to me, although it would be nice to know about my daughter's rewards and activities and such. I also know that this concert is one that my wife wants to go to. She likes the group's music.<P>Here's the problem: My daughter didn't get straight A's. What to do with the ticket she would have used? On the phone just minutes ago, I told her that I'd like to go to the concert with her. She replied that she'd rather have the money. She's going to try to sell the tickets.<P>How can I look at this chain of events in some way and not take it as a rejection? This isn't an isolated instance. She has said and done things like this before. It's getting old. Please help me deal with this in a way that doesn't turn into an LB.<P>Slightly Sane<P>

K
K Offline
K
c2bsane:<P>Drop it. It is a rejection. You could offer to "buy" the tickets from her and take her. But there's no way that you can "push" anymore without starting to lovebust on your own. Your wife has done this to you already---and it didn't feel good. Don't escalate the problem.<P>

O
o2bsane Offline OP
OP Offline
O
<BR>Okay. Thanks K, I appreciate it.<P>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation