Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
Sheba, all I can get out is, "WOW"! Thank you for sharing this with us. It has all the makings of a made for TV movie- only better!!

C
C
Sheba, Wow!<P>I'm only in for a bit. Going to a class so I only have a few minutes at lunch & my monitor at home is in for repair.<P>I'll get back later.<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>Marriage & Relationship Resources</A>

S
Sheba Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi All -<P>I think there's a little confusion going on here....completely my fault - sorry!!<P>Up until my post just before this one - I was saving the original story whenever I got interupted in writing it (phone calls, visitors, potty break, etc.) - then I would come back and edit that original post.....some people wrote replies when it was only partway done.<P>That's why I think that some still thought I had more to write....it is finished now....<P>That's what happens when you have to write novels!!!! LOL!!! I am sorry that it was so long....typical Sheba though...everything's boring and then WHAM - so much at once!!!!<P>I did leave out quite a bit....I didn't want to put you all to sleep completely!<P>Some people may remember last fall, when I had some anxiety about my anniversary and how H and I were supposed to go to Disneyland. I had a funny feeling that H went when I couldn't get ahold of him one week.....well, he did go!!!! SHE took him!!! That part hurt when he told me.....but he didn't even remember that we were supposed to go.....<P>Something I left out was funny...<P>When H was telling me about the great sex with this psycho....out of my mouth popped "well, why the heck didn't you share what you learned about great sex!!!" OOPS!!! You should have seen his face!!! If I hadn't just shocked myself by saying something like that, I would have cracked up!!!!<P><p>[This message has been edited by Sheba (edited September 20, 2000).]

T
T
Sheba, sometimes you do just "know," don't you? At least HE seems to have a clue, even though he is screwed up right now. Mine just doesn't get it.<P>I wish you the best - and do want you to know that I feel the same way about my marriage as you do about yours. Funny, slug and psycho have a lot in common, too, seems like ...<P>------------------<BR>terri<BR><B>Courage</B><P>Whatever course you decide upon,<BR>there is always someone to tell you<BR>that you are wrong.<P>There are always difficulties arising<BR>which tempt you to believe that your <BR>critics are right.<P>To map out a course of action <BR>and follow it to an end <BR>requires courage.<P><I>Ralph Waldo Emerson</I>

F
F
My dear Sheba...I waited two days for that second posting...didn't read the lengthened first one until right now...still have to read it a few times to let it sink in.<P>Wow!<P>One question...maybe you answered it...why did he feel the D had to be final to tell you all of this?<P>I'm so happy you are in a good place [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

U
U
My oh my........ Ive only been a lurker for the past few months as I was in the beginning, but I just had to stop and give admiration where its due! You have come through the pit and are shining like a star.. I am happy for where you are now and for where your path takes you from this point on..<P>cozy<p>[This message has been edited by used2Bcozy (edited September 21, 2000).]

L
L
Sheba,<BR>Sorry I am so late to respond. I was waiting for the next instalment too. Thats what I get for being a skim reader.<P>You sound so strong, of course I shouldn't have expected any less of you. Your posts always give me strength. <P>Maybe now you can begin to move forward in the direction you choose. Please keep us posted, we have missed hearing from you.<BR>Lora

R
RWD Offline
R
Sheba,<BR>Since a bunch of people already said "wow," all I can add is "holy sh@#!"<P>I'm so happy to hear you are doing so well. You do deserve the peace.<P>I wondered how you were. You quit posting over at the divorced site and I don't come over here much.<P>Stay well.<P>God Bless<P>Bob

S
S
Sheba, I too was waiting for an update in the replies so I just read it.<P>Only one word, AMAZING<P>You are truly amazing and yes, I believe there is a masterPLAN.<P>You asked only one question in that great story:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"Promise me something?" "What?", I asked...."promise me that you won't let guys use you." HUH? I said, "Guys?, what?". He said, "Don't let them use you, you use them!"<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Then you asked what it meant.<P>One thing my h has done over the years is really give me an insight into how MEN think.<P>I would say this means "I know you're free now to pursue other relationships and certainly can't ask you not to. But be careful. I know what men are like and I don't want you to get hurt, to be used and discarded. You're smart, you use them!"<P>Well, anyway, that's my interplanetary translation from Martian to Venetian. LOL

S
S
PS. You are in a GREAT place, to focus on your own growth. Still, the change in him and his dealing gently and openly with you is HUGE, and it is all to your credit!

S
Sheba Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Darn.....I had a long reply written with answers to your questions and individual replies all done......<P>Went and hit the back button instead of enter to submit.....ARGH@@@!!<P>By the time I fumbled around - lost it all!!!!!<P>Maybe a good thing.....afterall after the initial post, who wants another long one eh? LOL!!!!<P>I'll redo it tonight, gotta go to work.<P>Wanted to at least get your question answered FHL......<P>He told me that the lawyer kept him from talking about anything....I believe it cuz my lawyer advised the same. Once legalities are involved, you get paranoid.<P>I also believe that he wasn't ready to admit anything - as if saying things out loud and especially to me, would make him have to face his wrongdoings.<P>That's the nearest I can figure it.<P>He knew he NEEDED to tell me everything though...when he saw that I still wanted him to be open with me, even knowing all the "bad" he did that hurt me, he felt safe and comfy.<P>He was old H for that talk......<P>I'll be back tonight, thanks to all of you...<P>Oh, and Schizzo....I think that you may be right with your Martian interpretation of what he said.<P>BIG HUGS,<P>Sheba

S
Sheba Offline OP
OP Offline
S
up for SHA!!!!<P>Where are you? I know you don't want to miss this......<P>LOL!!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation