Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#887643 09/26/00 11:29 AM
R
OP Offline
R
Good morning everyone!<P>Please post your updates here. I will add mine this afternoon.<P>We want to know how you're doing, we care and we're here for you. Tell us how you are.<P>Love,<BR>Jo<P>------------------<BR>Josie_Res@Hotmail.com<P>"Remain flexible like a reed, as opposed to an oak which can snap in the wind"

#887644 09/26/00 11:40 AM
D
D
I can't believe my profile's gone. Mine was out there long after the others disappeared.<P>Story in brief: H's "friendship" with boss/co-worker in 1998. H denied anything wrong, would not give up friendship. OW would call him at our house, ignore me, exclude me, etc. EA MAY have evolved into an "almost PA" on business trip 7/98. Found this site 1/99, went into Plan A. More back and forth, fear, denials, arguments, etc. 4/99: H takes job for one of OW's company's clients. 8/99: Gave spouse 3-page letter detailing fears and reasons. That seems to have gotten through. <P>I NEVER HAD ANY KIND OF DISCOVERY.<P>Over time, OW stopped calling the house. H stopped mentioning her. Is she still in the picture? I don't know. Marriage has been much better. I put him ahead of EVERYTHING else, even with parental illness going on. He has responded. I was lucky.<P>A recent trigger: The guy that he and OW used to work for may be looking to hire my H in his new company. This guy already has another fellow from their old company working as a consultant. Does this mean that this guy is looking to "put the band back together", so to speak? I don't know. I think OW has changed jobs, but I also don't know that for sure. We do not discuss her. The THOUGHT of the possibility of this had me kind of upset, but I cannot ask H if OW will be working there too. Right now she is an emotional trigger, not a reality, and I have to just shut up and cross every bridge as I get to it.<P>I suppose I'm a success story, but I'll tell you this much: You never really have that blind trust again.

#887645 09/27/00 12:12 AM
C
C
My H and I have been doing well since our Drunken Karaoke Stupor through Seattle/Tacoma two Saturdays ago. I've been joining him when he goes fishing - and I've had a great time! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] We're getting along really well, better than we have in a while.<P>He's starting his Phlebotomy (drawing blood, inserting IV's, etc.)course at the college tomorrow. I am a little nervous about that, thinking about the cute college chickies that *might* be there. I'm leaving a "venting" message with Jennifer every couple of days. Plus I plan on stopping by one time just to scope the field (I'll be subtle!), and show them that he has a cute wife at home who is a black belt in Taekwondo and an ex-pro wrestler! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]: Be afraid, be VERY afraid! *lol*<P>Other than my very overworked nerves, we're doing well! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] We got family pics done Saturday, probably the best pics we've ever taken together (even though our toddler was a brat that day, we did manage to get him to smile in one pic.)<P>Anyway, I'll shut up now. Uneventful update, but I guess it's better than one full of drama!<P>CB

#887646 09/27/00 12:53 AM
B
B
Hi Everybody:<P>Well, I here at work by myself again today.<BR>As I predicted last weekend, H is back with OW again (we're separated for those of you who don't know) at the trailer. Guess she didn't sell the trailer after all (big surprise). <P>My computer was still online last night while I was taking a bath. I heard the phone line ringing (just the line not the phone...it will do that when someone calls but doesn't break the line); kinda scared me because it was about 1:30 a.m. so I disconnected in case it was an emergency call. Never rang again.<P>Well, H called this morning. Said he had one of his famous flat tires and probably wouldn't get in to work today. Now I know who it was on the phone last night; OW was staying with her ex and her children and as she's done before, she had a fight with ex(probably both of them were drunk) and was looking for H to come rescue her. She use to do this all the time when H was at home. Interesting she thought he could be at my house. Well, thank God, the computer blocked that call.<P>I know this is the way I want things to go.<BR>Being together is the thing that drives them apart...but it still hurts that he can call me up and lie to me again. Did any of you ever have a flat that kept you from going to work all day? No. Neither have I.<P>On top of everything, H got a big check yesterday and suddenly he feels he doesn't need to work today. It could be a co-incidence, but everytime he gets a little (in this case a lot) of money in his pocket he will blow off work to spend time with OW.<BR>Maybe he told her about the big check and that's why she instigated the fight with her ex.<P>OK, I needed just a little vent today. I know this is for the best in the long run (their getting back together) but it still hurts just the same, because it means the H I know will disappear again for a while just when I was beginning to see a glimmer of the old H.<P>God bless you all for being here for me so I don't feel like I'm all alone.<P>Buffy & Faye<P>

#887647 09/26/00 01:16 PM
L
L
I'm here, just posted a recent update.<P>Things with us are good, I'm still withdrawing from nicotine!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Two weeks now!!!<P>Nothing exciting...just doing ok. That's about it for now.<P>(Look, it's short for once, be happy!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com])<P>Lori

#887648 09/26/00 01:31 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Dear Faye,<P>You are not alone. Please know that. I'm sorry about the OW reoccurence. What a ridiculous pair of ppl those two are (H & OW). Don't mean to offend you about H, but he is very lost. I'm starting to think they both feed on this craziness. The dynamics will certainly change w/them if you bow out and remove yourself entirely from the Triangle. Don't you think?<P>Continue to be strong Faye, and think of other things in your life. Your H and his OW are in for a whole lotta trouble, and I don't wnat to see you get hurt anymore.<P>Love,<BR>Jo

#887649 09/26/00 02:08 PM
B
B
Thanks for being here, Jo.<P>I'm really not that unset about it because it is want I expected and really what I think is best. <P>SIL agrees with you that he feeds on the craziness. H always has been a bit of a chameleon...drawing his life from those around him. <P>Don't worry, I'm keeping myself as far away from them as possible. I've made tenative steps to begin to find another job...probably just a second job for the time being...and I took his winter clothes to him and told him "you may need these this winter" thereby implying that he won't be home at winter time. Small steps, I know, but significant to him, I think. <P>And I do have a time limit which I have set up in my own mind and, with that in mind, have begun the possess of removing myself from his life...and visa versa.<P>I realize that I am a crutch for him and it may be time for him to stand on his own. Pray that I have the strength to let him.<P>Buffy & Faye<P>

#887650 09/26/00 05:21 PM
T
T
hmmm<P>Update... No news is good news?<P>Everything is pretty much the same... Trying to finish up our remodal so we can move out of this dumpy little town (to the lake house my husband bought for mothers day!!!) that seems to house OW and X wife.<P>Made my first telephone call to X wife yesterday. Told her I didn't think it was a good idea for her athsmatic son to come over our house - as it is not healthy, besides: I smoke. I really am uncomfortable about the X living here, and dontcha know that H's family and his daughter have no problem inviting husband out to karaoke when they KNOW X will be there. uggh... Minnesota aint big enuf for the two of us!!!! I am really hoping we have a horrific winter so X will move.<P>OW was bold enough to park her car at the east end of our lot where my husband was busy laying sod, while I was on the west end pulling the sod off the trailer. They were about 150 feet from me, so I walked over to the general area.<P>She asked him if we were going to move, and he said yes. She asked where we were moving. He said the lake. She asked where on the lake. UGGGGHHHH....<P>I decided to blow this off, and the more I thought about it, the better. They have not been talking for a while (at least since Mothers Day) or she wouldn't have had to ask those questions.... right? Right? please say right!<P>Am working now at a college, and there is a LCMS Christian Day School next door, so my son is going to school there. This is something my husband would never have approved of in the past, so this is REAL PROGRESS! <P>So, there is my update.... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>TNT

#887651 09/26/00 06:43 PM
P
P
I guess this is the right time for an update. Dday #1 was one year ago tomorrow. Contact continued for about another month, and then stopped until July. Dday #2 was August 16th.<P>We are in counseling, and the progress feels much better and more real this time (now I know why, the affair didn't really end the first time but now it has).<P>The first time, I thought we were recovering, but we were really just surviving. We have absolutely made more progress in the past month than we did in the previous year. I guess every cloud DOES have a silver lining.<P>We are doing okay, and even if our marriage does not survive, we will both be okay. We still totally love each other, and that is the most important fact in all of this mess.<P>Still, there are issues of trust, honesty, and faithfulness to be resolved, and the amount of effort and work sometimes seems insurmountable. I guess we have all had moments when we wondered if it would be better to just start over with someone else than to try to overcome this obstacle.<P>For the first time in a long time, I feel very positive. We are doing okay.<P>Peppermint (and firestorm)

#887652 09/26/00 07:00 PM
C
C
My update isn't really the happiest one but I'm doing ok. I filed for divorce 2 weeks ago should be completely divorced in a month. I am moving out of our house with the kids on Friday. I can't afford to pay the payments so I found a nice little house to rent. H and OW and her kids are moving in here the day after we move out. It doesn't bother me to much anymore but the kids are devastated. H is getting really weird. Nothing he does makes a whole lot of sense exept maybe to him. <BR>I'm doing fine. I miss him still but not to bad anymore. I know that I cannot ever live with him again after all the hurt he has caused the kids and I. The kids all say they love thier dad but don't want him to live here anymore. Pretty sad isn't it? Just think only 5 months ago we were on a second honeymoon together. Now here I am almost divorced leaving the home I love just because that man can't control himself.<P>Jill

#887653 09/26/00 07:23 PM
P
P
Still waiting for a court date. Found out today that the delay was because of a paperwork error, so maybe we can get this thing over with soon.<P>Doing fine. Haven't cried in months. Don't even really let it affect my life too much anymore. I still think it is sad and wish that my STBX would take this opportunity, as I have, to make some improvements on himself, his coping skills, and communication skills. <P>He's convinced now that I have been manipulating him, he's happier than ever and that our marriage was a mistake. Oh, but he still loves me! ha!<P>His sexual relationship with the current OW seems to be over. His emotional attachment surely has diminished considerably. He is back to "working" early in the morning until late at night. So not much has changed.<P>As for me, I don't see him. Don't really think too much about him either. I am not in a rush to date, just enjoying the scenery and doing my thing.

#887654 09/26/00 08:44 PM
T
T
this is an update on me!!! I just took my first exam tonight. It was very hard (100) questions...multiple choice and short answer. It is a clinical pharmacology class.<P>I have a splitting headache...and don't know how I did... but I feel very good. I haven't worked in 12 years.. This is my first college course in 14 years... It's nice to know my old brain cells still work alittle. One of the more hurtful things my H said to me was regarding me wanting to learn anything!!!! <P>My kids are all doing fine despite the black hole of not really understanding what the heck happened to their dad....still being above them. We are fine.<P>H is here a lot to see the kids and help me out when I go to school. No talk about the "situation" or this situation...and thats OK... I really don't want to talk about it anyway. He is pretty much into the professional persona. Guess that's where his validation is coming from. He looks alittle better though. The deer in the headlights look appears to be dissipating.<P>I miss him... but realize he has a lot to deal with within himself... I hope and pray he learns to like himself for who is is, rather that what he does.<P>That's my update.

#887655 09/26/00 10:39 PM
A
A
Well, after our "meeting" last week when H decided to tell me he wanted to seperate our finances, date others, and uninvited me to a concert with our kids I just shut down. I don't think you can call it Plan B, but I'd like it to be. You guys are right, Plan B with kids is hard.<P>H had the kids this weekend at his apartment, and it went very badly. The kids do not want to be there and H knows it.<P>Well, of course now he's calling me like crazy and invited me to lunch tomorrow...I accepted though I really wish I wouldn't have. I told him I had exactly one hour and this had better not be to have some big discussion. He says he just wants to see me.<P>What's a girl to do?<P>I think I could do Plan B, but H will suck at it. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Kids are coping, I'm finding us a therapist...even 18 yo son said he needed some help...broke my heart.<P>

#887656 09/26/00 11:20 PM
P
P
Brief: H possibly having office romance, postive of interest and attraction to her. <BR>Update: Went ahead and typed letter to myself from "coworker" ratting on them. Guilt, yes I know I have been dishonest. Everyones posts seem very saddening. I am sad and depressed and my self esteem has never been so low. I have never had a self esteem or image problem in my life. So I mail the letter tomarrow, the outcome is almost irrelevent as the trust is gone. So he will deny it, or maybe not, to my surprise. Regardless, the hurt already runs deep. Good luck to all you.

#887657 09/26/00 11:28 PM
F
F
Everything in the affair department fine. Although it crosses my mind everyday, it no longer defines me. Although I will forever be watchful, I no longer fear a relapse or a new encounter.<P>I am trying to lead my H from the land of the unclued to the land of the clued. Mixed results.<P>I do think he is happier with the marriage than ever. I still long for greater emotional intimacy.<P>

#887658 09/26/00 11:52 PM
B
B
Hey Jo, where's that update you promised. It's several hours past afternoon and we're waiting......... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><BR>Faye

#887659 09/26/00 11:54 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Here's mine:<P>H and I separated for almost 5 mos (Sept 29th). I'm not officially in Plan B because I haven't sent the letter, I have it ready ... just haven't sent it. (sorry NSR)<P>I'm very lonely most the time and I feel alot of emptiness. See my H's face in my mind's eye frequently, it hurts.<P>I'm taking it one day at a time, I'm still working on myself remembering I don't deserve to live in sorrow the rest of my life. I feel happy at times, but it isn't a deep happiness, not yet at least. I do see I have changed because I feel empathy for my H but I still have flashes of anger where I'm disgusted with him. I know that will eventually disappear because I know he's very human and his actions are simply a symptom of a pretty messed up person.<P>At least if my marriage w/my H never recovers (God forbid), I will not allow myself to be in a relationship driven by guilt and manipulated by illicit sex, coupled with years of lies and betrayal .... unlike his.<P>I don't think I'm better than him, and I don't feel self righteous in this pain, I just know right now I'm better off the way things are. He isn't ready and probably neither am I.<P>Maybe one day....<P>Jo

#887660 09/26/00 11:59 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Hey Faye,<P>You and I are so in sync. I just posted it.<P>That really felt weird, I got my email notification sound right after I touched the submit button.<P>I looked and your post was there. Looks like you and I are pretty good buds, Faye. We're communicating telepathically.<P>Thanks for thinking of me.<P>Love,<BR>Jo

#887661 09/27/00 12:11 AM
R
OP Offline
R
Faye,<P>I wanted to tell you I have been praying for your inner strength to show itself so you can allow your H to stand on his own. It will be the best for both of you, he finally learns something and you get to feel good about yourself. You deserve nothing less. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jo

#887662 09/27/00 12:18 AM
B
B
[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I am almost afraid to post an update, it almosts seems that everytime I do something goes wrong ! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>But just for y'all I'll risk it . <P>Mike did unsubscribe from the swingers newsgroup he was getting emails through ugh ! I really exploded about that. I mean really, 2 ea's , 2 pa's, then parking lot lady. The newgroup was like another stab in the heart. <P>Since then things have been ok, we are getting along pretty well, and I am trying to go places with him. That seems important to him. Personally I would rather stay home, but hey, it's worth it if it makes him happy. <P>I am on the combo for Hep C. It is nasty people ! I was taken off after two weeks because I developed a rash that looked and felt like a burn on my face. But I have been started back again. Cross your fingers that there is no more rash. <P>The treatment is worse than interferon alone, but many people with the geno type of Hep C I have are having good sustained remissions after the end of combo (Please God let me be one who does too). Mike has been good to me during treatment, if I am feeling to bad to cook he will go get dinner or buy something frozen (Thank heavens for stoffers !). <P>I admit I am afraid that he will cheat again with me so sick from treatment, but this round is only supposed to last 6 months to a year. I hope not.<P>That's about it. <P>------------------<BR>Deb<P>Hepatitis C, Please educate yourself ! <A HREF="http://www.hepatitis-central.com/<P>In" TARGET=_blank>http://www.hepatitis-central.com/<P>In</A> memory of a very dear friend <A HREF="http://fathom.org/teemingmillions/wally.adp" TARGET=_blank>http://fathom.org/teemingmillions/wally.adp</A>

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 364 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation