Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#891168 10/23/00 06:56 AM
D
Daniel Offline OP
OP Offline
D
When my wife asks me what I want, and I say to work on ourselves and our marriage. I want to get back together and have a great marriage. She then asks me what if that doesn't happen? I told her that If I felt we were still working things out or at least getting along well I would continue to try, but if she were to remarry or get very involved with someone else, I would have to step out of her life. I would miss her but know it would be the best for both of us.<BR>She seemed to be sad by this, and asked why I would need to do this. I said if she needs someone in her life and it's not me I have to let that happenbut I love her too much to watch. <BR>She has asked about this 2 times already with same answer. She doesn't seem to like it, I think I will avoid bringing it up. I can downplay it if needed, but told her I didn't want to lead her on.<P><BR>How do any of you see this?

#891169 10/23/00 07:14 AM
K
K
You are correct in being honest. Lovebusters are being angry, disrespectful, etc. Just keep telling her the truth in a non-angry, respectful way.<P>You are doing fine!<P>

#891170 10/23/00 08:15 AM
P
P
Keep calmly telling her the truth. I think she's hoping that if she asks enough she'll get the answer she wants, which is she can go off and do whatever with whomever and you'll stay at home waiting like a faithful pet. <P>Eventually the fog will lift enough for the realization that that is simply not a realistic alternative in any relationship to sink in. <P>But doesn't it just blow your mind that a person who has always been intelligent and grounded can begin to think that these things are even possible? I'm really starting to believe aliens are involved in these situations.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 597 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation