Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 551
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 551
I was just curious about this - I know that a lot of the OP are coworkers of the WS, so I was wondering how many run-in's there were going to be during the Christmas Party hoopla? You know, just in case the MB board has to put together a fund to bail somebody out of jail [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>BTW Lor - you had me LMAO! I LOVED your idea about the letter!<p>[This message has been edited by Carolina Belle (edited December 01, 2000).]

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,184
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,184
Not me. My wife and I are NOT going to her Xmas party. Would just be tooo awkward to see him there with his wife, who does not know what happened. <P>I can see myself staring at him all night and giving him the "evil" eye, making him squirm and wonder if I'll go over and tell his wife what has happened! (He knows that I know about everything, and that I will tell his wife if he ever tries to get back together with mine). <P>Besides, then her wife would undoubtably see mine as the "OW." Who knows what would happen in that situation?<P>Oh well, I guess it's best for the both of us to just stay away.<P>-HD

Joined: Apr 1999
Posts: 5,798
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Apr 1999
Posts: 5,798
CB--glad I could enliven your day [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. I'm working on getting the buck teeth perfect for the caricature...kidding...I'm just hoping she isn't as pretty as I recall.<P>Our Christmas party schedule is worse than I thought, there's the party next Friday--and my H has forbidden me to go to it the past 2 years, last year he didn't go either. This year he made sure I knew when it is--nice [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. But Guard just told me today that there's a party on Sunday (I think when he was talking about this one before, I confused it with the other one) and he & I will be sitting at the head table, with our daughters. The OW WILL be there. I thought I had a week to lose the last 10 pounds (!) of what I've gained since Guard's been home, now I have to plan on looking good with them....maybe I better buff up my sparkling personality as well [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. I'm going to look happy if it kills me [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ! oh, yeah, I AM the happy one.<P>I could just throw up. (Bulimia as weight loss...? I know, I know, unhealthy)<P>Can anybody top 2 parties with the OP and being at the head table, on view? <P>It has been over a year since they were seeing each other, I *could* calm down about her.

Joined: Apr 1999
Posts: 5,798
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Apr 1999
Posts: 5,798
AND, if anyone has any tips on what would be perfect behavior for me, regarding coming face to face with the OW or eye contact, what sort of facial expression...etc. I would like to hear it. All I know is I can't gut her like a deer (my long-term wishful thinking). And I'd rather not shake hands.<P>Any help?

Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 551
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 551
I think that the biggest thing is to not let her know that she's getting to you. Don't give her that satisfaction. Be polite, and don't sink to her level. Hopefully you won't have to say anything to her, but if you do, be nice, keep Guard on your arm, and let the whole party see how happy you two are together.<P>Now, that doesn't mean you can't have the Ally McBeal fantasies of biting her head off or anything while seeing her! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Now, as far as the Buck Teeth, I think that these guys could help you out! Maybe they could even hire the OW on as a poster girl, then she wouldn't be working with Guard anymore! Check it out for a good laugh! <A HREF="http://www.4billybobteeth.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.4billybobteeth.com/</A>

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 183
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 183
I would absolutely LOVE to go to a Christmas Party with OG!!!! That would be the next best thing to literally rubbing her face in s***.<P>I would have a huge advantage in being able to have a drink or two, while she's still not old enough to even drink legally. She's barely old enough to buy a lottery ticket.<P>Lor, when you go to the parties (especially the head table one) you put on your best smile, a sexy dress, and burn that little tramp's a$$!!!! don't shake her hand, you don't know where it's been. And if you absolutely are forced to shake it, casually wipe it on a napkin immediately so she'll notice. Be charming, be funny, and wrap your arm right around your H's. <P>Now for that last 10 lbs., get one of those girdle/slip things. I've got one that's like putting on a pair of bike shorts that are a size too small. You would be amazed at what they do. Of course you won't be able to eat much, or breathe much for that matter, but you will look FABULOUS.

Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 457
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 457
LOR,<P>Don't buy a girdle, use the bike shorts idea,<BR>I have and they work better and breathe better...seriously. Don't wear bikini undies, they give you a 'pooch' in front.<P>Think like a princess...watch tapes of royalty before you go, it helps if you think of things like "I am a gem, I am the prettiest and most ladylike female here." That way you are less likely to be calling on us to bail you out.<P>These tips have helped me pull off a few confrontations with the breastless wonder, old baggy eyes herself. BTW, she looks terrible now, is drinking alot I think...and has left the old company.<P>H. will see her in two weeks at a business meeting...and says he knows it will make him ill to be around her.<P>The thought of her makes him SICK!<P>see, miracles do happen!<P>lizpearl

Joined: Apr 1999
Posts: 5,798
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Apr 1999
Posts: 5,798
Thanks Ladies. Everyone seems to be in agreement. I'm as Princess Di going to Ascot where Charles is known to have schmoozed Camilla. BUT unlike Charles, my H really is a Prince. Nobody kissed the frog Charles & he has stayed a frog. My H is the shining Prince he was meant to be and I am his dazzling consort. And Camilla, well, the poor thing.<P>Thinking that is enough to make me smile, a secret smug little Mona Lisa smile.<P>I leave at 11 am MST, not really time for the stores to open & me to get bike shorts, but I have a pair of control top pantyhose that look like they would fit Barbie. I think that'll do the job. That, a black velvet dress, high heels, putting a wave in my hair, doing my nails...<P>I will play nice with others. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Okay, I release the thread to others who need party advice.

Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 457
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 457
Have a nice time!<P>I'll be looking like royalty next Saturday...in a full length satin gown with a very low cut front, and a demure beaded over-top you can see through...<P>drinking lots of V8 this week, taking vitamin pills so I glow!!!!!<P>(and I won't even see her, but I know that word will get back in their professional community that I look fabulous...)<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>you go girl!<P>lizzie


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 301 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Separation
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:24 PM
beverage sizes in large office
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:22 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0