Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
lostva Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi, guys. <P>Haven't had time for an update lately (that's a GOOD thing! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ), but I hop on and lurk from time to time. <P>I remember where I was last year...how much this board meant to me. Anyway, was talking to Cheryl the other night and I started thinking again (I know, dangerous!)....maybe it's a good time to "light" the way for each other again.<P>So, if you're interested, here's something we did last year...it was a lot of comfort to me. I lost count of how many places we "lit up", maybe we'll increase the number. <P>Anyway, here ya go!<BR> <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/010086.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/010086.html</A> <P>Candles STILL burning in VA. Even though Robert and I are just old married folks now, I've NEVER let my MB candle go out...for all of my friends...not in over a year.<P>Love to you all,<P>Lori

T
Taj Offline
T
Wow Lori, great idea! My candle is still on my computer desk but really haven't lit it in a while. I too was really blessed and encouraged last year when we were all shining brightly!<P>Mine's lit now! Prayers for all the MBers trusting for the restoration of their marriages. <P>Candle lit in Minnesota!<P>Blessings, Taj

F
F
Thank you, Lostva, we all need a light to shine through the darkness.<P>I know if I never posted or read here again, I would still carry all of my MB friends in my heart the rest of my life!

F
F
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FaithHopeLove:<BR><B>Thank you, Lostva, we all need a light to shine through the darkness.<P>I know if I never posted or read here again, I would still carry all of my MB friends in my heart the rest of my life!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>PS...with a five year old, I have to careful with candles, but I am lighting one right now on my desk!<P>

B
B
lostva:<P>Hey I really like this idea. I love candles and this is the best reason to burn them. My husband thinks I am crazy because of how many we have. But when I tell this to him and what it means, he will appreciate them more. I mean sometimes we don't need any light turned on. There will be one special candle lit for all MB's and I will stop and pray whenever I walk this candle.<P>Thanks<BR>Judy

C
C
Lori and all,<P>You MUST have read my mind!!!<P>You know you can count me in. I just love this idea!!! I think it is such a wonderful way to help us remember our blessings. You know me....still hoping for that Christmas miracle!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Candles burning in Nebraska!<P>God Bless,<P>Cheryl

W
W
Lori - out of nowhere, something motivated me to buy a few holiday candles at the grocery store last Sunday. My son, au pair, and I have been lighting them every night since then in our family room. Your influence really is amazing!!<P>WAT

N
NSR Offline
N
Great to see some of the old names...<P>I started on Sunday (first of advent)...<BR>...and in the middle<BR>...one for my W (divorce or no divorce)!<P>Great traditions should never die.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

R
R
Lori,<P>How are you and Robert? So good to see you post, Hon. <P>You've got candles lit in the Great Pacific Northwest - State of Washington. I love this idea and I just happen to have a new candle that's perfect. <P>Every time I pass by it I'll count my bessings, give thanks and pray for everyone here at MB and their happiness.<P>Thank you Lori!<P>Love,<BR>Jo

A
A
Lori,<BR>How are you doing?<P>Candle lit in Tampa,Florida.Great idea!<P>Praying for restoration and recovery of all marriages on MB.<P> Love and Prayers,Beth

A
A
Wow, Lostva, I almost feel warmth of all those candles lit for us MBers. Your story and your posts have been great encouragement for me in my dark days (still not much light in the tunnel, but I'm coping). <P>Two candles lit at home, two in my office, one for my family, the other one for all you wonderful people out there. Prayers going for all us here, may God restore our marriages and help us heal our wounds. <P>Now, Europe is shining, too. Hope for some more flames from Europe; when two or more are joined ... <P>God bless, <P>Adrian <p>[This message has been edited by Adrian (edited December 06, 2000).]

B
B
Hi Lori,<P>I've been searching for your update. You warmed the cockles of my heart when I read that you and Robert are old married folk now!!!!!!!!!! I know things were going well a while back, but then I went AWOL for a while, and haven't managed to find anything about you since.<P>Candles are alight in Brisbane, Australia, and have been since this time last year. I can't believe how time has flown. I've 'known' you all for a year..... And what a year it has been.<P>I will light a "special" candle again for those of us here, just because it's Christmas. And my wish for all of us is happiness and love. Wherever we find it.<P>my love hugs and prayers to you and Robert.<P>Jo

W
W
I still have the remnents of my original candle....<P>

W
W
Just got a huge candle from the storeroom- a 6" by 6" square red candle courtesy of Donna Karan - when I fined WS to bring me shopping!<P>So, finally found a good use for it - was wondering what I can do with a huge candle like that. It should be enough for all the sites here [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] .

S
S
There are candles lit here in the Lion City.<P> Only problem can't find those wonderful smelling candles like Yankee Peddler, Colonial Candles, etc, here, about used up my supply, or the ones that didn't melt on the way here.<P>prayers being sent for all.

R
R
What a great idea. I am movingout this w/end and the first thing I will do is light some candles (although it is getting pretty hot here on the east coast of Australia!!) - I will light one for me to remind me I am OK; one for you guys to say thank you som uch for helping me through this year; one for H. to help him see the light; and one for my much missed best friend who died earlier this year - and maybe another so Santa Claus can find me - actually I am looking forward to helping him with his shopping - do I have a list of presents for me - and while i still have the joint credit card i might as well give it a bit of exercise !!<P>R

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 756 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation