Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20
N
OP Offline
N
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patient1:<BR><B>Hello everyone..<P>I skipped the bold print cuz I don't know how to do it.<P>I read this BB often...I may have posted once or twice. So infrequently that I forgot my p/word.<P>My marriage is now in recovery after 18 months of seperation [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. I usually post on Michelle Weiner-Davis' forum.<P>I truly believe that my marriage is at this wonderful stage due to "Plan A". I read everything that Dr. H had to say. I read it more than once. If you want to understand something it is important to read all instructions first.<P>I will still post on Michelles site because, I feel that I have to give back. I remember my first days there. The motto was dont give up. If it's not working try something different or do nothing at all for a time.<P>I am so very grateful for "oldtimers" who always gave me positive encouragement and support. Heck, my H is probably also grateful. The only thing is, is that he doesn't know about the wonderful people at the marriage sites.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Here's how to bold, <B>Patient 1</B>, hold down the left bracket [ and then type the letter b and then the right bracket ] and then type what you want to bold. Then, after you're done, type the left bracket [ and then a slash / and then the letter b and then the right bracket ]. It sounds waaay more complicated than it is!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Michelle's site is WONDERFUL, by the way. <P>Nice to have you drop by!!! <P><P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck

N
OP Offline
N
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lu:<BR><B>Hi there,<P> I'm sort of an oldtimer and try to keep the Harley concepts in mind....I'm constantly amazed how the story is the same OVER and OVER.<P>Now to the real reason I'm posting.....IS K "a lady"? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I saw in Samantha's post where she called him a "lady"!! I've personally thought(along with others) that he might be Steve Harley in disguise! LU<BR> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hi <B>Lu</B>,<P>You're so little I almost lost you!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Oh, <B>K</B> is used to hearing that!! Who knows if he is or isn't... he's just one of the really smart guys around here... and I won't list the rest lest I miss someone!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Nice to see you! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck

P
P
THIS THREAD IS SO GREAT!!!!!!!<P>Just a couple of personal thoughts......<P>First of all, I have also wondered if K is REALLY Steve Harley. Hey, I've never seen them together!<P>Secondly, it is so wonderful to see the very members who laid the foundation for my journey to recovery all check in on the same thread. Well, almost all of them. If LONESTAR would check in it would make this all perfectly complete!<P>Finally, it would be thrilling to be compared to the MB greats. But please don't ask the rest of us to choose between Sheba, Dylan, and Lori. This place has benefitted so much by their presence here along with many others already mentioned. So what if they DO tend to go on and on sometimes........... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I love to read every word they write!<P>Love to all, both OLD-TIMERS and NEWBIES!<P>Peppermint

L
Lu Offline
L
HI Samantha,<P> I hope you didn't think I was chasitising you!! I was cracking up when I saw that K was a "lady"..... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>He gets accused all the time of being Steve Harley so this was just so funny!!<P>HI N Beginning,<P> It's good to see you too. How are you able to write in bold print and italics?....I just figured out the smiles, so I am very slow!!! LU <P>PS....Since you think I'm so "little" I need to use my full name "Lunatic"!!!! ...LU for short . Hopefully , I'm no longer a lunatic!!!! <p>[This message has been edited by Lu (edited April 13, 2001).]

N
OP Offline
N
Hi <B>Peppermint</B>, Hi <B>Lu</B>!! <P>I so agree <B>Peppermint</B>... so nice to see everyone... jeez, this thread is my best effort ever, I think!! And I usually just spout out poopie!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] hee hee [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>So <B>Lu</B>, here's how you do it... and remember, you use letters to determine what you want: b is for <B>bold</B> and i is for <I>italics</I><P>You hold down the left bracket [ and then type the letter b or i and then the right bracket ] and then type what you want to bold. Then, after you're done, type the left bracket [ and then a slash / and then the letter b and then the right bracket ]. <P>It would look like this, if [ was a { instead...<P>to bold something it will look like this: {b}Peppermint{/b} but using the [] brackets instead. <P>Hope this makes sense!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck

L
L
Hey, NB, it was YOU who taught me smiley faces WAYYYYY back when - remember? (And that's as far as I got, I'm afraid! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] )<P>Hey Terri, we were just talking about you yesterday and your patience of a saint...so Hon, you're not forgotten. Peppermint, Chris, K, heck everybody's here (I know I missed a name, but you know me!). And Sheba, it's about damned time you came up with that post and if you blame one bit of your delay on talking to ME, I'm gonna tell the truth!!!!<P>This thread is soooo cool - just 'cause so many are here.<P>Lori

N
OP Offline
N
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lostva:<BR><B>Hey, NB, it was YOU who taught me smiley faces WAYYYYY back when - remember? (And that's as far as I got, I'm afraid! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] )<P>Hey Terri, we were just talking about you yesterday and your patience of a saint...so Hon, you're not forgotten. Peppermint, Chris, K, heck everybody's here (I know I missed a name, but you know me!). And Sheba, it's about damned time you came up with that post and if you blame one bit of your delay on talking to ME, I'm gonna tell the truth!!!!<P>This thread is soooo cool - just 'cause so many are here.<P>Lori</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah, "back in the day" (as my daughter's USED to say, I'm sure I'm woefully behind in the cool department now!) before the "smiles legend existed and we just had to do the : and then the ) for a smile... well, it's still the same, of course, but now we have SOOOOO MANY more faces!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] among others!!!<P>And you're right... my thoughts in this thread aside, it's the PEOPLE who make it really, really great!!!!!!!<BR><P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck

S
S
<B>Sheryl</B><P>Thanks for the lesson is italics. That one I have never figured out. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I like the face icons too, but the limit on them makes it hard for my long posts. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I am wondering if our <B>Wasstubborn</B> aka <B>Wassi</B> is going to show up here???????? <P><B>Lone Star</B> would be nice surprise too.<P>Naturally there are many more, names which alude me here and there, but because of that none of them mean less to me. No, the people on this site mean more to me than I could ever properly express.<P>Love you to all, and <B>Sheryl</B> thanks for starting this wonderful reunion thread.<P>------------------<BR><B>God bless you and all of us. We are all going to make it, all of us! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] With God on our side we can't lose! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] What God has joined together let no man put asunder. <P>Samantha</B><p>[This message has been edited by A blessed Samantha (edited April 13, 2001).]

M
M
Ok, been here since 11/99! Now after 7 pages I'm beginning to feel a bit like Terri.....WAHHHHHH!!!!!! Just kidding. I know I'm whimpy when it comes to LONNNNNNNGGGGG Plan A stuff, but I can admit that the MBers stuff has made for a very happy, fulfilling, recovered marriage! God's blessings to all of you!

H
H
<B>All of you who have losing long posts -</B>Just a dumb suggestion that you have probably thought of....If you are using a Windoze-based PC you can click inside the reply box, right mouse click, "select all", then right mouse click and "copy". If you do that right before you post, then you still have it if the post fails. If it's because it's too long, just bring up "notepad" and paste the note in there to carve it up. <B>WebTV</B> users please ignore...and Windoze users who already know this, please excuse my impertinence.<P>--DeWayne--

L
Lu Offline
L
Hi NB,<P> [b] Thank you so much for the bold [b/]and [i]the italic[i/] lesson!!!! Lu<P>Yikes, what happened?.....I think I'm computer challenged....I'll go and reread your post !!!<P>[This message has been edited by Lu (edited April 13, 2001).]<p>[This message has been edited by Lu (edited April 13, 2001).]

H
H
It really is good to see everyone here. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Keep up the encouraging words! I'll try to as well. I just really needed a break for a while...this thread is making me smile, though.<P>All the best!<P>--HBC

N
NSR Offline
N
Yes... my ears are burning too.<P>Love to all.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

N
OP Offline
N
Oh <B>DeWayne</B>, the problem *I* was having was with the posts being too long -- especially with all the smiley faces -- they won't let me post!!<P>Hi, <B>HurtButCoping</B>,<P>Super-nice to see ya!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Hello <B>mthrrhbard</B>,<P><B> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Ok, been here since 11/99! Now after 7 pages I'm beginning to feel a bit like Terri.....WAHHHHHH!!!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE></B><P>Oh honey, don't feel bad [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] It's so nice to see you!!!!<P>Yeah, <B>Jim</B>,<P>I was wondering if those ears of your were burning!! It didn't seem complete without YOU!!<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck<p>[This message has been edited by new_beginning (edited April 13, 2001).]

S
S
I've been on hiatus, mostly for lack of a working computer.<P>Been here since '98, yet was one of those who left quietly.<P>I miss some of you, but it has been good for me to leave. I am finally in counselling (personal not marriage) and my counsellor says that the problem with a medium such as this site is that topics get cycled and recycled again without closure. It was a lifeline at one time, but now whatever good I could do is more than offset by the negativity I absorb...<P>Still, I plan to lurk some now that I have a new computer...<P>Today I have an incredible marriage with the same man who cheated on me for 1 1/2 years with two different women. I am still seeking personal growth and real joy. I think it is two steps forward and one back rather than the reverse as it was before. My h could not be better, but I still find myself wondering if I will wake up from this wonderful dream into another nightmare...

N
OP Offline
N
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by schizzo:<BR><B>I've been on hiatus, mostly for lack of a working computer.<P>Been here since '98, yet was one of those who left quietly.<P>I miss some of you, but it has been good for me to leave. I am finally in counselling (personal not marriage) and my counsellor says that the problem with a medium such as this site is that topics get cycled and recycled again without closure. It was a lifeline at one time, but now whatever good I could do is more than offset by the negativity I absorb...<P>Still, I plan to lurk some now that I have a new computer...<P>Today I have an incredible marriage with the same man who cheated on me for 1 1/2 years with two different women. I am still seeking personal growth and real joy. I think it is two steps forward and one back rather than the reverse as it was before. My h could not be better, but I still find myself wondering if I will wake up from this wonderful dream into another nightmare...</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh my gosh, it's <B>schizzo</B>!!!<P>Hello! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>You are so right about the lack of closure... <P>I'm not a "quiet" leaver-- I'm a LOUD leaver [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. In my quest for total honesty I say I'm leaving and MEAN IT, but can never seem to go through with it. How do you do that???<P>I am so happy for your success in life and in your marriage.<P><P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck

W
W
This is what I get for spending the majority of my time on the D/D board...<P>I have to agree with the original premise of this thread...<P>I feel like I'm beating my head against the wall with some of the newbies here in that the emotions are so raw, the feelings of hopelessness and the sheer numbers of new posters...<P>I have been one to espouse the idea of giving back what was freely given to me, else I loose it...I dare say I have fallen short in giving back...<P>Is there even a solution??<P>In NA we have a sposorship system...Find someone to guide us through our recovery...I know I relied heavily on many folks here to hold me up as I trudged through the horrific feelings that came...What if each of us found a newcommer and gave them extra attention?? Kinda help them along in these principles...Share our experience, strength and hope...This is the only really viable solution to this quandry....But now the big question...Do any of us have the willingness?? I'd like to think I do but I just don't know...I do know that we as "oldtimers" have the ability to guide a trend towards marital recovery if we just took time out to keep up with one maybe two folks at a time, until they got in the right emotional balance then They in turn could "sponsor" the next hurting newcommer...Whadda ya say??<P>As for my old friends comming out od lurkerdom to reply to this post...It is good to hear from yas!!<P>Dewayne...you killed me with the Sgt Carter comment...Too funny!! LOL....But hey those kicks in the pants kept me moving!!<P>Desiree...I'm glad you posted!! Just wanted to say I love ya!!<P>Lori....Thanks for the am emails all those moons ago, they were always appretiated!! I may see you in Va Beach!!<P>Sheba....You're wisdom.....Thanks Sarge. !!<P>K....You are the bomb!! <P>JL....The voice of balance and reason...Thanks!!<P>Dearest An....I mean Dylan...oops [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Tell you fine hubby he owes me a phone call!! I love you guys, and tell the little guy hi...Ok OK OK I'm a bad friend I ought to at least send an email from time to time..<P>New Beginning....Love you hon!!<P>To all those I forgot to mention....Thanks for being there when the rubber hit the road...You saved my life...<P>Now let's all fan out and find us a newcommer to share these lifesaving ideas with!!<P>Love you all,<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR><P>May the roads rise to meet you,<BR>May the winds always be at your back,<BR>May the sun shine warm upon your face,<BR>The rains fall soft upon your fields,<BR>And until we meet again,<BR>May god hold you<BR>In the hollow of his hand.

C
C
Hi Y'll!!! Just thought I would drop by and say Hi! Yes, your mentioning things I remember! Like when the system crashed in 99, I remember Samantha e-mailing me and asking me to please check the board. It was the most horrible feeling at the time. Thank God it was repaired rather quickly! I agree with some of the posts here, yes, I do have this habit of answering those who have answered my posts and yet trying to reach out to new people. I miss the friendships I knew I could count on but I don't feel I miss that level of pain I had at that level of recovery! Nice to see you again though! <P>------------------<BR>Chick's <BR>Bren<P>You won't see things until your ready to not be blind!

N
OP Offline
N
Love you too, <B>Bill</B>, and I was looking for those newcomers as you wrote this! <P>Quite the job, eh? <P>My gosh, <B>HBC</B> has been busy!! Thanks for bringin' them all up to the top!<P><P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck

N
OP Offline
N
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chick's:<BR><B>Hi Y'll!!! Just thought I would drop by and say Hi! Yes, your mentioning things I remember! Like when the system crashed in 99, I remember Samantha e-mailing me and asking me to please check the board. It was the most horrible feeling at the time. Thank God it was repaired rather quickly! I agree with some of the posts here, yes, I do have this habit of answering those who have answered my posts and yet trying to reach out to new people. I miss the friendships I knew I could count on but I don't feel I miss that level of pain I had at that level of recovery! Nice to see you again though! <BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hi, hi, hi <B>Chick's</B> (you'll always be Chick's Bren to me! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] )<P>So wonderful to see you!!!!!<P>I've been guilty too... Lord, there are SO MANY newcomers... just been out there trying to answer on a few...<P>TOO MANY... TOO MANY ...<P>What's happened in this world?? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR><P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck

Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 584 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation