Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20
J
J
Anyone heard from Wexwill? He used to crack me up!

K
K Offline
K
Hi Janie,<P>Wex has been gone a long time now---we've tried to send a couple posts up to get him to resurface, but nothing...<P>It's too bad. I hope he's well.

N
OP Offline
N
Bwah, ha, ha, the thread that will not die!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Ah<B> cl</B>, <P>I'd wondered where you'd gone to!!! <P>...and yes, I expect you to read ALL 12 pages! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Aloha, and I'm jealous... it's 42 degrees outside here... blech! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Oh my GAWD, it's <B>Murphy</B>,<P>Hey OLD MAN!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Good to see ya!!!!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>a NEW mega-thread? I think NOT!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Pulled you out with my wannabe Mega-Thread, eh? No, I could never compete with that monster!!!<P>Good, no GREAT, to see ya!!<P>Pass me a Corona????? ... with LIME, of course!<P>Hi, Hi, Hi <B>Janie</B>,<P>Oh yes, I remember YOU! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Amen, and amen, on saving your marriage!!!!!!!!!!! <P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck<p>[This message has been edited by new_beginning (edited April 19, 2001).]

F
F
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by new_beginning:<BR><B>Oh yeah, you're one of the old-timers... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Wasn't your first post written on stone? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I'm so funny, I know.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Actually I found that to be a very sarcastic remark - not too funny at all, but I'll bet all the others here think you are hysterical. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><B>HeartPain</B>, I was offended because I am on these boards every day during my lunch hour, although not on this specific board. I usually go between In Recovery and Emotional Needs. I try to respond as much as I can so I was offended that N_B insinuated that the old timers didn't take the time to help the newbies. Maybe I should post on the other boards as well. When I was a newbie I "hung out" in the recovery section so I could get the guidance from the old farts. I didn't stay on the other boards very long - I knew where the wisdom was to be found.<P>I agree your Plan A is very similar to mine. I do try to Plan A everyone (I should try walking on water, too, N_B). [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I did confuse Plan A for winning my H back in the beginning, but I learned eventually.<P>Have a most awesome day, all!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR><P>------------------<BR><B><I>RECOVER * REFOCUS * REGENERATE ~ BREATHE * RELAX</I></B><P>By Eleanor Roosevelt ~~<BR><UL TYPE=SQUARE><BR><LI>"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." <P><LI>"No one takes advantage of you without your permission."<BR></UL>

N
OP Offline
N
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Free2BMe:<BR><B> Actually I found that to be a very sarcastic remark - not too funny at all, but I'll bet all the others here think you are hysterical. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>(I should try walking on water, too, N_B). </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Didn't mean to be sarcastic. I was trying to be funny. Guess I missed the mark.<P>As far as walking on water... only Jesus can do that. I never believed I could. <P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I am sorry. I meant no disrespect, and I certainly have no ill feelings toward you or anyone here.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<p>[This message has been edited by new_beginning (edited April 19, 2001).]

F
F
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by new_beginning:<BR><B>Didn't mean to be sarcastic. I was trying to be funny. Guess I missed the mark.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No harm done! I'm not as thin skinned as I used to be. I just figured out why I don't come to the GQII board. I just read the thread where singagain is leaving because of BonnieSepts remarks and that thread is filled with sarcasm. I detest sarcasm - my H is great at it - and it just gets me going.<P>Like you said, <B>Maybe it's just because I **can** sit here for a few hours a day and read</B>, so I can see how you think you're funny and not sarcastic!<P>or maybe it's the Corona leading you to believe this...<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR><B><I>RECOVER * REFOCUS * REGENERATE ~ BREATHE * RELAX</I></B><P>By Eleanor Roosevelt ~~<BR><UL TYPE=SQUARE><BR><LI>"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." <P><LI>"No one takes advantage of you without your permission."<BR></UL>

N
OP Offline
N
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Free2BMe:<BR><B> No harm done! I'm not as thin skinned as I used to be. I just figured out why I don't come to the GQII board. I just read the thread where singagain is leaving because of BonnieSepts remarks and that thread is filled with sarcasm. I detest sarcasm - my H is great at it - and it just gets me going.<P>Like you said, Maybe it's just because I **can** sit here for a few hours a day and read</B>, so I can see how you think you're funny and not sarcastic!<P>or maybe it's the Corona leading you to believe this...<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thank you for coming back to read my apology. <P>I happen to be pretty thin-skinned... not a helpful trait, I know. I am working on it. I care far too much what EVERYone thinks, and I want to be friends with everyone. *If we all had a candle, what a bright world this would be* kind of stuff.<P>...sigh...<P>Again, thanks for accepting my apology. The last thing ANY of us need is pain from EACH OTHER... god knows we get too much of it at home!<P>

S
S
NB,<P>Couldn’t leave the weather remark alone 42 degrees, ENJOY! <P>I'm now on my 300 day of the same weather every day, HOT, HUMID & it will rain sometime somewhere on the island. It is always 85 to 92 & never cooler than 75, I think it is a major cold front if it got down to 70. The bad thing as I moved here from Houston it is not much different than 10 months of the yr there. Actually it was cooler & less humid here when we arrived last Aug.<P>I am rambling but I am trying to stay up to make sure my OS doesn't sneak out of the house tonight. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Guess I will go read the Survivor's board; they are always good for a good laugh. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Besides sports, it’s the only TV show that is not at least last season, or the season before. I have now seen the 1st 4 yrs of Friends 2 to 3 times.<P>I am going to stop now, sorry for the ramble. <P>Your culture awareness has been brought to you by expat sing<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]:

N
OP Offline
N
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sing:<BR><B>NB,<P>Couldn’t leave the weather remark alone 42 degrees, ENJOY! <P>I'm now on my 300 day of the same weather every day, HOT, HUMID & it will rain sometime somewhere on the island. It is always 85 to 92 & never cooler than 75, I think it is a major cold front if it got down to 70. The bad thing as I moved here from Houston it is not much different than 10 months of the yr there. Actually it was cooler & less humid here when we arrived last Aug.<P>I am rambling but I am trying to stay up to make sure my OS doesn't sneak out of the house tonight. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Guess I will go read the Survivor's board; they are always good for a good laugh. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Besides sports, it’s the only TV show that is not at least last season, or the season before. I have now seen the 1st 4 yrs of Friends 2 to 3 times.<P>I am going to stop now, sorry for the ramble. <P>Your culture awareness has been brought to you by expat sing<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]:</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well THANK YOU [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <B>sing</B>!!!<P>I hate humidity... true enough... and the forever heat can get to you (I am from the deserts of California, remember!)...<P>... but it's really sooooo cold around here (waaay up in Canada).... can't I complain, just a little bit? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Hugs!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><BR>

P
P
Can't we all just get along? Is there some reason for all of this hypersensitivity? Oh yeah, infidelity..........It does tend to make us all a little cranky.<P>NB,<P>I don't think I ever thought of you as thin-skinned, just amazingly resilient and forgiving! I don't see much sarcasm from you either, and I should know. Firestorm says I am the EXPERT on being sarcastic! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I don't think you have a chance to beat the megathread either, but I'm sure willing to do my part for the effort!<P>Now I know a bit more about you. Really interesting stuff. Like the fact that you are American by birth, but Canadian by choice! From the deserts of California to the snow fields of Canada. I think I feel a song coming on!<P>I'm REALLY glad you're here!<P>Love,<P>Peppermint

N
OP Offline
N
Come close to the screen <B>Peppermint</B>!! <P>Over here --><P>Here's a kiss on the cheek for you!<P>I adore you! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

F
F
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by new_beginning:<BR><B> Thank you for coming back to read my apology. <P>I happen to be pretty thin-skinned... not a helpful trait, I know. I am working on it. I care far too much what EVERYone thinks, and I want to be friends with everyone. *If we all had a candle, what a bright world this would be* kind of stuff.<P>...sigh...<P>Again, thanks for accepting my apology. The last thing ANY of us need is pain from EACH OTHER... god knows we get too much of it at home!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Minus the sarcasm ( [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ) you remind me of myself. I, too, care about what others think of me. I wish I could let things roll of my back more. I used to until my Hs As and now I'm hypersensitive!<P>So what is the mega-thread?<P>Have a great day!<P>It's supposed to be in the 70's here this weekend - can't wait!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR><P>------------------<BR><B><I>RECOVER * REFOCUS * REGENERATE ~ BREATHE * RELAX</I></B><P>By Eleanor Roosevelt ~~<BR><UL TYPE=SQUARE><BR><LI>"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." <P><LI>"No one takes advantage of you without your permission."<BR></UL>

F
F
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by new_beginning:<BR><B>Come close to the screen Peppermint</B>!! <P>Over here --><P>Here's a kiss on the cheek for you!<P>I adore you! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Now <B>this</B> gave me a chuckle - very creative! <P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR><B><I>RECOVER * REFOCUS * REGENERATE ~ BREATHE * RELAX</I></B><P>By Eleanor Roosevelt ~~<BR><UL TYPE=SQUARE><BR><LI>"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." <P><LI>"No one takes advantage of you without your permission."<BR></UL><p>[This message has been edited by Free2BMe (edited April 19, 2001).]

N
OP Offline
N
Hi Free,<P>The "MEGA THREAD" is over on the divorce board... and you will have NO TROUBLE finding it once you look... trust me! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>It bagan months and months ago... and it's where the Corona started flowing~~~~ you'll see. It was something that was meant to give us all (who were going through divorces) a fun diversion... it just kept going and going... and is STILL going.<P>I'm glad I made you smile! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

S
S
NB, you like Carolina Belle always make me smile, just seeing ya'lls names brings a little smile. <P>sing going out to sweat in the hot tropical humid day this one is for you NB. no I take that back Sat at the mid afternoon baseball game or sun when we are in a strip of a rainforrest with cub scouts planting trees I will think about you [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]:

N
OP Offline
N
Ah <B>sing</B>,<P>What a sweetie you are! <P>Do me a favor, will ya?<P>Send me some sunshine on Saturday. I sure could use it!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Hugs, <P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck

K
K
New beginnings...my old friend [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] DO you know that I named my web page new beginings? <BR>I am one of the people that have hardly been here lately. As you say, I felt I needed to move on, focus on our future as a couple instead of past mistakes.<BR>THere were also times where I would come here and feel that reading the painful stories was making me revive my own problems over and over again.<BR>But Every once in a while I still come here. And today I found this message.<BR>Not being here regularly I haven't notice this trend, but all I can say - as many other did in response to your post - is that when I first came here I was always encourage to first decide what I felt I need to do, and then try to follow trough with it.<BR>Plan A worked for me. I used it and recoment it- [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]- doesn't mean that it will work for everybody, but Isuppose we have to start somewhere.<BR>What I was never encouraged to do, was to just quit. This is -was - a board for solutions. Sharing experiences and learn from them. I found here a wonderful second family, that helped me to keep my perspective when I was down, told me to hang in there when It seemed there was no hope and cheered with me when the first positive signs appeared.<BR>Solutioons like "quit" and "dump" did certainly appear here and there, but were counteracted by responses from people tha had been trough the same we were and had advanced to another stage - no matter which - and that could enrich us with those experiences.<BR>I'm probably going off topic here, but I want to say just one more thing. <BR>To support others there is no need for knwoledge. Everyone can do that, you have to have some empathy I guess, and a desire to diminish pain .<BR>But to give suggestions one should follow the saying" a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" Because you enough to have an idea of what you're talking about, but not enough to understand the whole process, and your suggestion might harm more than help.<BR>And I better stay here before some of the old friends remember how long my posts usually are LOL<BR>Manyhugs to all<BR>I mightnot be here that often but you are still in my heart<BR>Kat

N
OP Offline
N
<B>KAT</B>!!!!!!<P>HI [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Oh, I miss having you around...<P>Please drop by whenever you can... you have been missed.<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck

T
T
It took me about a good year to figure out who the card fairy <I>really</I>was! SHHHHH..... I'm not telling! <P>Yes Samantha... I DO think YOU were the one to start the burning the candle tradition, when you prayed for all of us. And I think you started it with one of my frantic days! Thank you so much, I am forever grateful.<P>Sheba, it has been too long! I lost track of what was happening in your life since the D and the camping trip! I could reply to all of you. So many questions!<P>Last August, I signed up as a VISTA volunteer. It is like a domestic peace corps - you raise your right hand and promise to be available 24/7. And it has kept me extremely busy. Made a fantastic powerpoint presentation - writing grants and reports - designed a web-site, and lots and lots of traveling. I have a very interesting job. <P>We still haven't moved over to the lake house, and X still lives 4 doors down, and OW lives behind the X. Some things never change? But - now that the weather is finally starting to unthaw, (and flood - recruiting sandbaggers out there....) - I suppose we will get more done and closer to the goal of getting moved out of this crummy little town!<P>We are doing fabulous! I am sooooo glad that I found MB, and that you all were here with prayers and support. I know many times I was told by the best MB'ers to get out. But there was a little voice inside of me (God?) telling me that HE HATES DIVORCE, and that All things work together for good. IT IS SO TRUE!<P>It is so nice to see all of us here in one spot once again. I miss our old forum, and feel overwhelmed by the new people desperate for understanding and insight. <P>I have prayed so often for many of you. <P>God Bless you all.<P>TNT<BR>PS.... julie - I have special prayers for you, my friend. God loves you so very much, and he wants you to trust Him. The Lord says - that the only thing that we humans can do to please him, is to trust him. Do that, and you will be okay. I promise. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] {hugs to Love was Blind}<BR>

N
OP Offline
N
OH <B>TNT</B>,<P><stomping foot> You BRAT!! Who, who, who is the card fairy??? How can you come here and bait us like that? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>It's <B>SOOO</B> good to see ya!!<P>

Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 611 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation