Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#919539 06/13/01 09:57 AM
M
mbtrk Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hello to all my old friends,<BR> I am posting this to just keep you all up to date on what has been going on in the past few weeks. I certainly appreciate all of the help and support that I have gotten in the past 8 months from all of you. <P>At 11:30 today my lawyer will go into court for me and attend the final divorce hearing. I have already signed the papers and 14 days after that it will become official. I did not want this at all. I have this huge pit in my stomach just thinking about it, yet I also have this huge feeling of relief. Just knowing that this huge weight will soon be lifted is kind of nice.<P>I have gone to the bank to see about refinancing my house and they don't seem to think it is going to be a problem. So that will make things easier to deal with. The only thing that stinks is that I have to come up with this lump sum of money to buy my wayward wife out. Oh well...it will be worth it in the long run.<P>Anyway...thanks again and I hope you all can once again smile someday....I am finding it easier every day.<P>Mike <P>------------------<BR>the probability of someone watching you...is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions

#919540 06/13/01 10:27 AM
R
R
Mike,<P>I'm sorry that it has come to this. She'll someday ask herself what the heck she has done.<P>I did the house thing as well, and despite all the crap, it feels good to do that.<P>Take care and don't be a stranger. Let us know how it is going. I wish you the best as you go through this difficult time. Hang in there.<BR>

#919541 06/13/01 10:40 AM
W
W
Good luck, Mike. Please keep in touch. Please consider staying on the forum to add your two cents.<P>Dave

#919542 06/13/01 11:07 AM
O
O
I'm sorry Mike, but life has to go on. Good luck on your new journey. Please take care of yourself. it is her lost. <P>OOOO

#919543 06/13/01 11:23 AM
S
SKM Offline
S
Mike -<P>What can I say? It breaks my heart. Your message is actually making me cry - not for you, but for your wife and what she will be missing out on. . .<P>You're a great guy, and I'm sure you will be a stronger person because of this. You're in Maine, if I remember correctly, right? Go out and have some lobster and a beer on me, and I'll just owe you. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Take care, keep in touch and God bless.

#919544 06/13/01 11:39 AM
M
mbtrk Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey Rick, Dave, OOOO, and SKM,<BR>Done deal! Just heard from my lawyer that the hearing was over. I chose not to go...couldn't quite bring myself to it...and that is what I payed her the big bucks for!<P>Life does go on...it is just too bad that it has to be turned upside down by people that obviously can't keep promisses. On the other hand...I now can start to move on, and hope that my ex will stay out of my face. She still seems to feel that she has the right to express her opinions to me about different things that she now has no business getting involved in. I n other words...I wish she would stay out of my face and just let me be! LOL<P>SKM...the Lobster and beer will be forthcoming in the next couple of days...not only is this whole mess over with, but school will be out and I...HAVE THE SUMMER OFF!!!! <P>Thanks you guys, and I will see you from time to time!<P>Mike

#919545 06/14/01 12:15 AM
S
S
Mike,<P>I'm really sorry to hear this, but hopeful that you'll begin to feel some real relief. You did what you could.<P>Best wishes,<P>Steve

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 715 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation